Just got my 8350i last week. Having a huge problem with any bluetooth headset connected to the phone. The phone will not ring when the bluetooth is turned on. Rings fine if I turn the bluetooth off. After an hour of them fiddling with it at the Nextel Service Center they concluded it was a defective phone. They paired their demo phone with three bluetooth headsets including mine and it worked fine. Mine wouldn't ring with any of the three.

Just got the replacement phone in the mail today, activated it and tried three different bluetooth headsets and this one won't ring either....

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I'm going nuts here!!!
    12-24-08 12:12 AM
    Sorry, BT for me is a life save and it works great. Every once in a great while, I lose the paring. But nothing to write home and complain about.
    12-25-08 03:51 PM
    I'm having the same problem, and have yet to find a solution.
    12-25-08 10:00 PM
    Just spoke to TIER 3 NEXTEL BLACKBERRY TECH SUPPORT and was told the following: The 8350i is programmed to only ring when connected to bluetooth while it is in the holster. They have it setup this way for law enforcement agencys that do not want it to ring while out of the holster!!
    12-26-08 11:46 AM
    Voice command also does not work with my bluetooth device, but i used the same device on my other curve? No answers from Nextel on the problem
    12-26-08 01:01 PM
    i have the same problem.. There are several posts about it online..havent found a solution yet, and hoping software updates can resolve it.. Anyone at all got their phone to ring on the 8350i with blue tooth connected?
    04-22-09 02:37 PM
    sorry mine just vibrates......sorta freaks me out when it does that. Beeps in my ear and vibs on my hip!
    04-22-09 07:10 PM
    My 8350i will ring through the phone and bluetooth "SOMETIMES" , other times it won't. At this point my only problem(s) with this phone are bluetooth related.
    04-24-09 01:30 PM
    mine does the same thing only rings in the bt earpiece when connected, very annoying alot of missed cales because of it, also my phone switches itself to vibrate profile on its own every once in a while only upon holstering, any ideas?
    04-27-09 10:43 AM
    You have to have your bb in the holster with it set to ring when bt is connected for the phone to ring too, i believe! I have left my bt laying down and missed calls because the phone doesnt ring when out the holster. What i would prefer is that my bluetooth rings my custom set tones in my ear! I would also like to have the option as to how it all behaves when the bluetooth has been activated. The latest OS has fixed some of these features!
    04-27-09 11:09 AM
    This sucks... i go out and get the Jawbone and my custom ring tones are all for **** now because the phone wont ring. it only rings in the headset some silly tone.
    04-27-09 01:07 PM
    I have it in the holster and the thing still doesn't ring or vibrate or anything. the tone just doesnt play
    04-27-09 01:08 PM
    agreed it does suck whats the point in having custom tones for diff contacts so you know who is calling you. maybe they will fix it a new os soon. Anyone elses phone switching to vibrate nwhen it feels like it?
    04-27-09 01:56 PM
    The Bluetooth ring issue has been fixed in the software update 4.6.1.313 released on 11/16/2009. It now works fine on my phone. Visit Nextel's website to download.
    03-11-10 07:39 AM
    Direct Connect will be disabled when using Bluetooth for some reason.
    09-13-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD