I am trying to put all my third party applications that I had on my Pearl to my new Curve and I backed them up just like Crucial_Xtreme told me to do, but when I open App Loader, this is what it says

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the Device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

And then when I click on "Add" and try to open the .alx file like it says to do in Crucial's instructions it says

"No additional applications designed for your device were found

Somebody please help me I'm so frustrated!! Ugh I just want everything to work. What do I need to do?
    07-22-08 07:51 PM
    please help
    07-22-08 07:58 PM
    What software version do you have installed on your berry? (Hit alt,shift,h and the same time and look under app version.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 08:02 PM
    I have Verizon and I have 4.3.0.127
    07-22-08 08:04 PM
    So you didn't upgrade the software on your phone?

07-22-08 08:12 PM
    I'm downloading the software from verizon right now. Before I put that on my phone do I have to wipe using that JL thing?
    07-22-08 08:23 PM
    Hold of on upgrading the software and wiping for a bit

Do your 3rd party apps appear in the list in DM.
    If there are no checks in the boxes next to them
    put one there and step through to the end
    07-22-08 08:23 PM
    No nothing appears. If you read my original post, that's all it says. And I uninstalled my 8130 software and now my BB doesn't even say its connected when I plug it into my lap top and open DM

Ugh I'm so frustrated. What should I do? I just downloaded the 8330 software and saved it on my desktop
    07-22-08 08:29 PM
    Oh wait you just got the Curve, I forgot that.
    So yeah, you need to put the OS for your device
    on your PC.

Close DM, disconnect BB and install the OS you just got.
    Once done Open DM, plug in BB and try again
    07-22-08 08:32 PM
    Oh wait you just got the Curve, I forgot that.
    So yeah, you need to put the OS for your device
    on your PC.

Close DM, disconnect BB and install the OS you just got.
    Once done Open DM, plug in BB and try again
    Correct. I told you in the PM that you didn't need to wipe the device. Do as AG said, and let us know if you need anymore help.
    07-22-08 08:36 PM
    I did it and nothing happened. It still says disconnected. Should I do that JL wipe thing and then load the new OS? I have no clue what I'm doing here...
    07-22-08 08:40 PM
    OK, did you uninstall the old pearl OS? then, did you install the correct OS for your Curve? Can you back up the device period?(before installing 3rd party apps)

edit: and if i am correct Verizon doesn't have an official 4.5 so did you delete the Vendor XML file??
    07-22-08 08:43 PM
    Ok here is what I did... I got my new curve at the verizon store. The rep in the store activated it for me. I came home and restored everything that I backed up from my Pearl. I then tried to load all my third party apps but it wouldn't work (see original post). So I uninstalled the 8130 software off my laptop, does this take it off my 8330? So then I downloaded the verizon 8330 software to my laptop and set it up and everything. But I'm not sure if I have to load in onto my BB and I don't know how to do that anyways. Ok now what?

Edit: I don't have my old Pearl device, but I backed it up before I gave it back to the verizon store. And I did not delete the vendor xml file. should i do that now?
    Last edited by ballinsol14; 07-22-08 at 08:50 PM.
    07-22-08 08:46 PM
    Yes delete the vendor.xml file and try again
    07-22-08 08:57 PM
    It's still not connecting to DM
    07-22-08 09:00 PM
    In DM try going to options > connection settings
    and make sure it is pointing to USB-XXXXXXXX
    07-22-08 09:02 PM
    It's pointing to USB. What can we do??
    07-22-08 09:03 PM
    Now should I just follow bmcclure's proper upgrade/downgrade procedure or something else?
    07-22-08 09:05 PM
    When you installed the new OS to the computer, did the DM prompt you for an upgrade?

07-22-08 09:06 PM
    When you installed the new OS to the computer, did the DM prompt you for an upgrade?

No, I don't think it did. Was I supposed to uninstall DM and reinstall a new one when I got my 8330? Cause I know Verizon only has up to 4.3 DM correct?
    07-22-08 09:09 PM
    I said OS. Ok, listen. Uninstall the old pearl OS from your computer. Make sure the new OS is installed and that you have deleted the Vendor XML file. Reboot you PC. While that is rebooting, pull the battery on the device. Connect BB, open DM. Then don't do anything until you post back here.

07-22-08 09:15 PM
    Maybe you should try that and see what happens. Make sure the proper software for your device is installed first before you do that though. Good Luck!

07-22-08 09:18 PM
    Ok Crucial, I did everything you said to do, and it still says disconnected on DM. I'm sorry for all this hassle, but I really want to get this fixed and I'll do whatever it takes. Just please don't leave me!
    07-22-08 09:25 PM
    Ok, so the DM is not seeing the device whatsoever? If not, plug in BB, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchImMotion\Applo ader and double click on the Loader.exe file and then load

07-22-08 09:37 PM
    Correct, DM is not seeing the device at all. I double clicked on the Loader.exe file and loaded, but it couldn't detect the USB port? Here's what it said:
    "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."
    07-22-08 09:41 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD