Hey guys, I have a couple issues with my BB that I can't seem to figure out.... I'm a little new at this...

I have the pearl 8130 with Telus. At first everything was good. Here seems to be the problems I am having, hoping you guys can help me

Facebook

This was working great at first and now I don't get my messages sent to my phone anymore??? I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling with same problems. Any ideas?

Email

I linked my hotmail to my BB as well as my Rogers email account. The only emails I get on my phone are with my @telus.blackberry.net account. My hotmail and other e-mails are no longer received on my phone.... Any ideas?

DM

I updated my DM and it's telling me this:

Updated versions of the applications listed below are available for your device.

BB 4.5.0 System Software
    BB 4.5.0 Core Applications
    BB APi Library
    BB Attachment Service
    BB Certificate Key Store Browser Library
    BB CMS Library
    BB Crypto 1 Library
    BB Crypto 2 Library
    BB Crypto 3 Library
    BB Crypto Applications API Library
    BB ECMAScript Library
    BB Fast Predictive Input Method Library
    BB Key Store Browser Library
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    BB PGP Email Library
    BB PGP Key Store Browser Library
    BB PGP LDAP Browser
    BB PGP Library
    BB S/MIME Email Library
    BB Secure Email Library
    BB X509 LDAP Browser
    BB XML Library
    BickBreaker
    Browser
    Email Setup Application
    French Laguage Support
    GSA CAC Smart Card Driver Library
    Help
    MemoPad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    PIV Smart Card Driver Library
    SafeNet 330 Smart Card Driver Library
    Spanish Laguage Support
    Tasks

What does all this mean??? If I update these things, will I loose all my contacts, saved SMS, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this
    04-07-09 09:38 AM
    -hotmail you have to go into your BIS acount where you added your emails and refresh the hotmail account, its done every three months
    -thats just your device applications on your blackberry, your running OS 4.5?
    04-07-09 09:50 AM
    I can't answer your first question, but to answer your second, log onto Telus's BIS site and resend your service books and that should fix that problem.

The third one means that there is an OS update that your carrier wants you to install on your phone. Backup your device, go into AppLoader, click Update, and let it do its thing. It will take 30-60 minutes, and your phone will restart a couple of times and become unresponsive during the process. This is normal. DO NOT under any circumstances unplug your phone until it is completed!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 09:53 AM
    Oh, and no, you won't lose any of the databases on your phone, as long as you do it right.

04-07-09 09:53 AM
    How do I access Telus' BIS site??? This is german to me lol *blushes*
    04-07-09 09:57 AM
    Go to this web page, either from your PC, or from your BB. Use the login and password you created when you set up your berry.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus

04-07-09 09:59 AM
    Thanks guys!
    04-07-09 10:07 AM
    Glad we could help

04-07-09 10:12 AM
    ok, so I'm in the process of doing the OS update, so far so good. Before I started there was a warning that I would have to do something in order to send or receive messages again..... any idea what this is?
    04-22-09 10:09 AM
    It is caution message. After restarting, your device will need a few moments to reconnect to your carrier and be re-authorized to receive data. It is automatic in most cases, service books are downloaded and initialized as needed.
    04-22-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD