Hello all, I ust bought a BB Curve, getting used to it, i switched from the iphone. Was just curious how you can go about loading music or custom ring tones to this phone and are they accessable from the SD card? or do they need to be directly stored to the phone. Also My buddy has a tmobile one and he has wifi as well as ESPN Zone, Facebook, YahooGO, AIM, etc on his im with ATT and dont see any of these on my screen spoke with CS they have no clue any suggestions here?
    03-27-08 04:07 PM
    It's best to put that stuff on the media card.

How do I get ringtones on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ

ESPN mobile has the icon. Facebook you can get from mobile.blackberry.com. I wouldn't bother with YahooGo. And for IM I would go with JiveTalk.
    03-27-08 04:18 PM
    The 8310 has GPS, while your buddy probably has the 8320 that comes with WiFi. As for Facebook, AIM, YahooGO - you can get them all just by downloading them via the internet on your BB. They are applications that run on your BB data plan.

Just Google 'em & you'll find them!
    03-27-08 04:22 PM
    Hello Inked, Welcome to CB..
    03-27-08 04:23 PM
    loading music or custom ring tones to this phone and are they accessable from the SD card?
    The "how-to" part of your question has been covered many times here. You may wish to do a search for specifics.

My strong recommendation on storing ringtones is YES get a media card.

I have quite a few ringtones for different people. One weakness in BlackBerrys is that storage space is not as abundant as many of us would prefer.

Don't get me wrong. The BlackBerry is a wonderful device. I love my Curve. But storage capacity always seems to be something you have to closely manage in a BlackBerry.
    03-27-08 04:27 PM
    The "how-to" part of your question has been covered many times here. You may wish to do a search for specifics.

My strong recommendation on storing ringtones is YES get a media card.

I have quite a few ringtones for different people. One weakness in BlackBerrys is that storage space is not as abundant as many of us would prefer.

Don't get me wrong. The BlackBerry is a wonderful device. I love my Curve. But storage capacity always seems to be something you have to closely manage in a BlackBerry.
    That's very true!

Just get a memory card so that your text/email/call logs aren't at risk!
    03-27-08 04:37 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-27-08 04:39 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-27-08 05:18 PM
    welcome to cb inked!
    03-27-08 06:10 PM
    Welcome to the forum!
    03-27-08 06:27 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    03-27-08 06:59 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!