Why company like blackberry and apple keep so high sar value whereas samsung uses less sar value.(Z10 -0.97 W/kg for 1g, Z30 -1.13 W/kg for 1g, nokia lumia 625- 0.65W/kg for 10g, APPLE I PHONE 6 -1.18 W/kg for 1g, samsung galaxy note 4 -0.28 W/kg for 1g )
    I like tech too develop but at what cost? Health, life no...........my dear great US and Canada companies please consider human health also.
    Upto today I am proud of my Z10 but today I came to know about sar values.......they are simply cheating.Human health should be their top priority.
    Guys if anybodyhas to say sth on this......Welcome
    12-30-14 11:45 PM
    I thought the FCC set the max SAR value at 1.6W/kg. The values you listed (0.97W/kg and 1.13W/kg for the Z10 and Z30 respectively) are below the safety threshold.
    12-31-14 12:18 AM
    Anything and everything can give you cancer. I wouldn't live such a paranoid life. Sar ratings aren't accurate and inconsistent in test labs anyways.
    bakron1 and TGR1 like this.
    12-31-14 02:14 AM
    I wonder what the reason is for the large differences in those numbers. Interesting information.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:51 AM
    Anything and everything can give you cancer. I wouldn't live such a paranoid life. Sar ratings aren't accurate and inconsistent in test labs anyways.
    They thought agent orange was safe to use, they said PCB's were not a problem. Any radiation can cause cancer, infertility

Z10
    12-31-14 08:01 AM
    Oh here we go again. Let's face it, folks, there are so many people out there who use cell phones that even if you decided to stop using one, you will still be affected by the radiation from all of those phones.

Also, while it has been suggested that cell phones can cause brain cancer, I have yet to see an actual study that is reputable and repeatable which definitively came to that conclusion independent of bias.

This is the BPA scare all over again - such a waste of time.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-31-14 08:11 AM
    I bet more people kill themselves while texting in truly drawinian fashion than will get cancer from emr.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:54 PM
    The reason smartphone companies have to make smarter devices is because the world is getting dumber.

 Z10
    12-31-14 01:49 PM
    Why company like blackberry and apple keep so high sar value whereas samsung uses less sar value.(Z10 -0.97 W/kg for 1g, Z30 -1.13 W/kg for 1g, nokia lumia 625- 0.65W/kg for 10g, APPLE I PHONE 6 -1.18 W/kg for 1g, samsung galaxy note 4 -0.28 W/kg for 1g )
    I like tech too develop but at what cost? Health, life no...........my dear great US and Canada companies please consider human health also.
    Upto today I am proud of my Z10 but today I came to know about sar values.......they are simply cheating.Human health should be their top priority.
    Guys if anybodyhas to say sth on this......Welcome
    If you want less cell power and have less coverage.

Where is the "cheating"?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:41 PM
    Because Samsung has crappy radios in their phones. They've always performed terribly, which isn't surprising based on their SAR values. Also, the Note is huge so can have bigger antennas and therefore less power.

Apple just sucks at antenna design and has to use tons of power to overcome their flaws.

BlackBerry has awesome Paratek antennas which can amp up the power and have crazy good reception.

I'd like to have a phone where I can call 911 anywhere vs not having signal when I need it.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:05 PM
    SAR values have little to do with whether antenna has good reception or not. Z10/Z30 have higher SAR than Passport. Iphone 4/5 have lower SAR than Iphone 6.
    12-31-14 04:52 PM
    You gotta draw the line somewhere right? Let's all forget about seatbelts, airbags, crumple zones etc

I once bought one of those gadgets that flashed a light if your phone was ringing, the damned thing flashed non stop, so much radiation around us.
    12-31-14 04:58 PM
    But is that a significant difference ? I know a thing or two about stats and measures and one thing you have to learn is that numbers by itself doesn't mean anything.

For example, between a samsung device and a BlackBerry device, that difference could just result in an increase of cancer risk of 1 in a million... which is insignificant

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:23 PM
    use speaker phone as much as possible or a ear buds head set to keep phone away when talking. Helps ALOT
    01-01-15 10:48 AM
    I am actually wondering since years whether Samsung kind of "cheats" when they measure their SAR numbers. Samsung phones always have the lowest ratings, Nokia is a mixed bag with some very low and some very high spiked ratings. BlackBerry and Apple for example both have rather high ratings across the board.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 03:23 PM
    I draw the line at holding the phone against my head or any part of my body during heavy use such as talking or using it as a hotspot. I look at it as a kind of light bulb. I'm not afraid of holding a light bulb in my hand that is capable of emitting radiant energy that can be seen from many miles away. I don't hold it against my head, though.
    01-01-15 03:38 PM
    I am actually wondering since years whether Samsung kind of "cheats" when they measure their SAR numbers. Samsung phones always have the lowest ratings, Nokia is a mixed bag with some very low and some very high spiked ratings. BlackBerry and Apple for example both have rather high ratings across the board.

Posted via CB10
    I believe the SARS values are monitored by the FCC here is the US. I'm pretty sure phone manufacturers don't police themselves on this issue. There are probably many other redundant agencies also involved.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/spec...lar-telephones

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 06:51 PM
    I believe the SARS values are monitored by the FCC here is the US. I'm pretty sure phone manufacturers don't police themselves on this issue. There are probably many other redundant agencies also involved.

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for Cellular Telephones | FCC.gov

Posted via CB10
    An accredited lab submits the report for Samsung. All labs aren't equal and don't always do the testing properly.
    01-01-15 07:36 PM
    An accredited lab submits the report for Samsung. All labs aren't equal and don't always do the testing properly.
    Pretty much what I said... lol

But, I personally think any statistics lean in favor of those who collect the numbers...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:44 PM