hey,

I use my torch as an mp3 player, after all, why carry 2 devices when I can have 1 in my pocket.

Im looking for stereo headsets, noise isolation earbuds and noise canceling mic, as I always take transit, its noisy!

What are your recommendations? bluetooth, or wired and preferably with a remote. what are good under $200, perferably under the $100/$150 range, obviously, cheaper the better . I've done some research, and like the Ultimate Ears line, but my gripe is the volume control doesnt work with bbs, and the Sony Ericsson MW600, but no name display of an incoming call, but that would be okay.

I hate how there are a plethora of "made for ipod/iphone" headsets out there! most of the ones that are "made of iphones" dont support the remote.

thx
    02-02-11 01:59 PM
    I use the plantanics 8xx BT. Their loud enough for me and work great with the BB. Let us know whatcha settle on. Why and how the work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 05:02 PM
    I've had a few different pairs, and personally wired or not isn't much of an issue. I can't remember exactly what the model # was, but I had some full sized Sony headphones I got for $99 and they were the best I've owned. Sony always makes good stuff imo so I like to give them the nod when I can. Anyway those were stolen at some point.

I'm switching all the time but using iBeats right now and they are pretty good too.

I prefer full sized ones but haven't replaced my Sony ones yet.

02-02-11 05:12 PM
    I use a BT headset by Rocketfish that I got from Best Buy. I don't recall the model number but they hook around the back of your ears with the band going towards the back. They are pretty snug and do the job that's needed. I use them when I go on walks so there isn't too much bouncing and worry about them falling.

Ok, found out that the model name is RAF MAB2 and are a2dp
    Last edited by winscott63; 02-02-11 at 10:11 PM.
    02-02-11 09:42 PM
    +1 winscott. I got mine off eBay for about $25. Best money I ever spent.

02-02-11 09:46 PM
    I have had a few and always had better luck with the wired, but that is just me and might be in my head as to better signal and what not.

I have spent uber bucks on a set, older KGB ones for when I used to drum and honestly I love the cheap Colby's I have now. Spent 13 bucks shipped to my door and they came as a package...meaning they had the over the ear ones and earbuds. Bought 3 of them, two for kiddos and one set for me and have great highs and decent lows, but sound overall awesome! Those are the over ear ones anyone. The earbud ones not so much.

Also great at noise canceling! Best I have used in that department as well.

Sorry, can't remember model number.

Good luck!

02-03-11 12:47 PM
    ttt
    to the top!
    02-06-11 11:01 PM
    ttt
    tothetop!
    03-04-11 02:11 AM
    1). Please do NOT bump you thread in CrackBerry.

2). Get some wired noise cancelling headphones. I have both Sony and Bose for use on airplanes and they work very well.

3). Look at getting one of these Boostaroo devices to boost the sound level BOOSTAROO SIGNAL BOOSTER - eBay (item 150325060178 end time Mar-26-11 11:45:20 PDT)
    03-04-11 02:56 AM
    I use Bose MIE2 and its sounds perfect
    03-04-11 07:32 PM
    1). Please do NOT bump you thread in CrackBerry.
    dislike....
    03-10-11 12:30 AM
    anything new guys??
    07-25-11 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD