Havent really found anyone experiencing the same issue, but as my luck would have it I could be the first. I plugged in my headset that came with the BB and made a phone call. The other person said I sounded like a chipmunk and they sounded extremely extremely deep voice (like someone collecting a ransom). I though it was the headset so I tried a couple other headphones and the same problem persists. Even the john mayer video sounds terrible when listening through headphones. Is the actual jack messed up? Any advice would be awesome. And im also 2 days outside the 14-day period and sent in my rebate...Please help
    02-28-09 12:39 PM
    This is a no-brainer. Take it back and get an exchange.
    02-28-09 01:13 PM
    i'm not sure about t-mobile, but with verizon, if the phone is defective, i think they'll replace it with a refurbished phone within a year after you buy it...

it's worth a try to bring it in
    02-28-09 01:28 PM
    I wish my berry did that. It would make stealing children so much easier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 04:12 PM
    I would also like to request the OPs headset, as I too, am planning to sound like a kidnapper on the phone.

03-01-09 02:35 AM
    I think it could come in handy when calling in sick to work!
    03-01-09 07:27 AM

Wow, that was funny.

03-01-09 07:28 AM
    Damn. Alen stole my joke I was gonna post.

03-01-09 07:29 AM

LMAO Well you apparently need an 8900 - it's the BlackBerry of choice for kidnappers!
    03-01-09 10:19 AM
    Havent really found anyone experiencing the same issue, but as my luck would have it I could be the first. I plugged in my headset that came with the BB and made a phone call. The other person said I sounded like a chipmunk and they sounded extremely extremely deep voice (like someone collecting a ransom). I though it was the headset so I tried a couple other headphones and the same problem persists. Even the john mayer video sounds terrible when listening through headphones. Is the actual jack messed up? Any advice would be awesome. And im also 2 days outside the 14-day period and sent in my rebate...Please help
    That's pretty funny. Yeah, I'd return it. If they are going to charge you, then it may be a good time to switch to a Bluetooth headset.
    03-01-09 10:22 AM

I LOL'D

And yes, It would!
    03-01-09 02:09 PM
    Well, don't you have 30 days to try the phone? If so, go back to the store you purchased the phone from and they should be able to give you a new one. If you upgraded, you should be able to call CSR and they will send you another one, most likely refurbished, but it should work.
    03-01-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD