ok, so my phone is going crazy. i am on a curve on at&t. everything has been totally fine til yesterday.

yesterday my phone decided to turn the backlight on all by itself, every minute or so. then everytime i touched the back arrow key it brought up the switch application menu. then when i tried to text, it skips over my contacts and lets me only choose every fifth one. anything i type is as if the alt key is on, and the black alt arrow appears in the upper right corner off and on whenever it feels like it.

i have done ONE ZILLION battery pulls. it lasts for about ten minutes then all the bull**** starts again. right now i have an email, and when i go to try and read it it jumps to the fifth message and then pulls up the switch app menu.

messenger is the worst, it only types as if im in ALT mode, and nothing i do turns it off.

since my phone works certain times of the day, can anyone tell me if at&t is having some crazy issues with the satelite?

I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

HELP!
    08-12-08 12:24 AM
    Well, the satellite would not have anything to do with it. Did you get it wet? Install new software? Drop it? Lend it to a friend? If the answer to all of these is no, you may have a hardware issue and need to return it.

How old is the phone? Are you in your exchange window?
    08-12-08 12:29 AM
    I am on ATT and have no sat issues.
    Maybe you should consider backing up your BB, wiping it
    clean and reinstalling your OS. That sounds like a lot of
    headaches and may be OS related.

Welcome to CB.

And I know you are upset but the forum does have
    a few language rules.
    08-12-08 12:32 AM
    Is your keyboard meticulously clean? Anything making the ALT key stick or jam? It sounds like when my laptop goes psycho and it turns out it's thinking a key is being pressed. OR, obviously it could be other stuff, but that was my first idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 12:36 AM
    i did not do anything to my phone, everything is exactly the same.

and there are times when it works perfectly then it just does this freaking out stuff. awhile back my friend was having the same issues with her phone between the hours of noon and 7pm only. her provider said it was the satellite. i called my phone support guy and he said lots of people were complaining about their phones freaking out.

now two months later its mine. right now its right next to me turning the back light on and off like halloween. its like it is possessed.

nobody else has had this happen??

and if they would just release the 9000 i wouldnt have to deal with this at all!!!
    08-12-08 12:36 AM
    Return it. I had this problem. I didn everything possible. Even took it to a repair shop. Return it or buy a new one.

08-12-08 12:42 AM
    i am new to this site, but have had this phone for more than a year.
    i need the 9000 to come out before i waste cash on another bb.
    i am going to used compressed air on the keyboard at work tomorrow.
    but of course it will be working fine in the morning.

ARG
    08-12-08 12:49 AM
    I would try a re-install of the os and see what happends if cleaning the keyboard doesn't work out sorry your having so much problems with your berry mines freaks out as well but I have a 8700g and may have to much apps on it.

08-12-08 01:13 AM
    What do you mean by satellites? Service is provided to you by AT&T via a cell site on land...

08-12-08 01:26 AM
    awhile back my friend was having the same issues with her phone between the hours of noon and 7pm only. her provider said it was the satellite.
    Her provider is a moron.

I would try a good cleaning. Get some 70% or greater isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), some q-tips, and some compressed air. Make sure the battery is removed (not just turned off) when you do this.

Dab the q-tip in the alcohol and then swab a section of the keyboard. make sure the alcohol gets between the keys. Press each of the keys down a few times, then blow the alcohol out with the compressed air. Isopropyl alcohol evaporates very quickly, so only do a small section at a time. Since you're out of your warranty period anyway, if it were me I would take the case apart and give the internals a good cleaning, but only if you're comfortable taking it apart. Make sure you concentrate around the Alt keys.

After you're done with the cleaning, put the battery back in and fire it up. It does sound to me like you've got a stuck Alt key, or possibly a faulty keyboard. Hope this helps.
    08-12-08 01:50 AM

awhile back my friend was having the same issues with her phone between the hours of noon and 7pm only. her provider said it was the satellite. i called my phone support guy and he said lots of people were complaining about their phones freaking out.
    Welcome to CB. HUH!!! Satellite LMAO on this
    08-12-08 01:58 AM
    i did it all, alcohol, air, etc. so far so good. i really hope it works because my brother is lending me a SIDEKICK until the 9000 comes out. oh jeez, spare me the embarrassment. cringe.
    08-12-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD