Greetings, awesome citizens!

I am seriously considering to change my device from 8900 to Bold and was wondering has anyone of you successfully managed to get their carrier to do this change without buying the new device?

If there is something wrong with my 8900, they will give me a new 8900 but can they be persuaded to give me a Bold? I am more than willing to pay the device price difference, not trying to pull a scam here

So, have you had such a change? Please share your experiences - I am sure they will be useful to many of us having second thoughts about our current toys.
    07-16-09 02:47 AM
    Well the exchange policy varies with every carrier. I dont know about Orange as it a european company, completley different rules.

With Telus in Canada there policy it to exchange a malfunctioning device with a refurbished device up to a max of 3 refurbished replacements before authorizing a new device or different device.

IE.
    New device -> (breaks) -> Refurbished same model -> (breaks) -> Refurbished same model -> (breaks) -> Refurbished same model -> (breaks) -> Option of new device (same model or different model) with Contract Renewal (basically the past contract is null and voided)

Usually a cost difference will apply if the other is more expensive.

I had this done with my former Pearl, it screwed up and the replacments were all buggy in thier own ways, so I upgraded to a Curve, but I paid a extra 25$ to do that. It was worth it though for me. You better check with Orange to be sure. Hope that helps.
    07-19-09 02:46 AM
    verizon here also has a 3 device policy..

I would suggest finding that information out from them..
    07-19-09 03:55 AM
    Greetings, awesome citizens!

I am seriously considering to change my device from 8900 to Bold and was wondering has anyone of you successfully managed to get their carrier to do this change without buying the new device?

If there is something wrong with my 8900, they will give me a new 8900 but can they be persuaded to give me a Bold? I am more than willing to pay the device price difference, not trying to pull a scam here

So, have you had such a change? Please share your experiences - I am sure they will be useful to many of us having second thoughts about our current toys.
    With ATT, my carrier, no problem to change out the phone in the first 30 days of the new phone's contract. You need to ask your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD