With all of the bad publicity lately regarding RIM, have you hugged your BB Device today?

After hearing the "bad news" that RIM would not be releasing any new BB10 phones until later in 2012, I was saddened like I would guess most of us. Not because we are in need of another phone but because our fave phone mfr was going to get plummeted hard on the media and even on here.

So, I thought to myself, what am I missing out of my 9930 and my NEW PB? So I gave it some thought, thought about what I couldn't do on them and besides not being able to video conferencing with another platform, natively, not through Reel Portal, I could not think of a single reason why my phone was "last century". Why my table was "obsolete". The two combined are awesome. How many iPhone users do you know that can Bridge their iPhones to their iPads w/o having to fork over more money for the Tethering plan. Jail breaking doesn't count. We don't have to "jail break" our devices in order to get this function working. How many Android users can do the same with their many many many many phones and tablets? To my knowledge, none.

So my phone doesn't have HDMI out!!! WOW I cannot remember the last time I felt a need to hook up my HDMI to my phone. Even with my PSP I never did that, though I had the cable.

So we don't have half a million apps. Do we really need that many apps that all do the same thing, that put you in a bad confused mood because you can't figure out which is best because they are all rated about the same?

We don't worry about phones having malware or tablets. iOS is pretty safe out of the box but when you go and jailbreak your phone, you just lost all security. Why is there the need to jailbreak the phone? Only to get functions you cannot normally do. I think our phones are pretty flexible out of the box. So I cannot change my current theme, personally my 9930 is the first phone I have owned in a while where I have to say I like the way it looks. Simple = elegance to me.

So Android is now the top seller in the US market. Well I guess when you have to produce phones that all lack something or the other and there are others that have way more than the avg Joe will ever use, but because, the salesperson working on spiffs tells you "it's the best" people buy it, suddenly you feel like you walked out with the best device only to find out, the phone is not for you and you spent too much money, you find out that the HUGE screen lasts only a few hours, that LTE is great if you live in an area that has it, but you are SOL in an area that doesn't, guess what you cannot shut off LTE. So your battery consumption keeps on sucking.

So I looked at my BB devices and thought to myself for the time being these are great devices. They are doing everything I want them to do. Communicate, socialize, take great photos with my 9930, yes it does. My PB is great and the OS is super fluid, games play better on my PB than they did on my previously owned iPad.

So go and hug your BB device(s), just because the media does not like them it doesn't mean they are doomed or obsolete. If anything we should thank RIM for teaching us patience, something our Android/iOS bros and sis simply do not have. They are looking for the next great device the moment they purchase their device. I was of that lot myself, I am glad I came back to RIM when I did.

Peace, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-17-11 11:09 AM
    Hugged -- no. Swapped it for a Nexus - yes. Started the PuntBerry Project - yes. Kickoff is next weekend..
    12-17-11 11:13 AM
    YES, every morning when I wake up. Blackberry may not be as tech savvy as other platforms, but its good enough for MY needs and wants. I personally don't need all that "stuff" on my phone that I'm never going to use anyway. Blackberry is a good SOLID device
    12-17-11 11:22 AM
    I am happy for you, but you definitely sound like you are justifying your purchases. Also spreading a lot of false info. My Andriod has wifi hotspot built in and I use it a ton to run my wifi kindle fire and my carrier don't charge extra. So you are wrong on that aspect about Bridge, it is basically the same thing.

RIM is in trouble and bringing out BB10 phones late in 2012 is just another huge mistake. It is a shame, I still love BB and my 9700, granted I don't use it as much, but want the company to make it and progress well into the future.

Just don't look good.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-17-11 11:23 AM
    I am happy for you, but you definitely sound like you are justifying your purchases. Also spreading a lot of false info. My Andriod has wifi hotspot built in and I use it a ton to run my wifi kindle fire and my carrier don't charge extra. So you are wrong on that aspect about Bridge, it is basically the same thing.

RIM is in trouble and bringing out BB10 phones late in 2012 is just another huge mistake. It is a shame, I still love BB and my 9700, granted I don't use it as much, but want the company to make it and progress well into the future.

Just don't look good.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    How are you able to hotspot w/o fees unless you are rooted?

I too feel it's a shame for RIM to delay their phones, don't get me wrong. But I still have to wonder what I am missing out. I gave up on Android and their way of releasing updates. Updates are important, not so much for the new features, but because they do cover security issues. And we all know that once Google pushes an update out it does not mean that you will get such update, it is up to the mfr to decide whether or not your device is worthy of such update, which could be day one (Nexus), weeks, months or never for a device.

I looked at the Kindle Fire before ordering my PB and I have to agree, the device is super laggy and is in need of a serious update. Hope the new update fixes that for you. Nothing worst than a laggy OS. I still have my Kindle 3. My PB does all the other functions from Amazon prime just fine, mind you not with apps so not it is obvious not integrated.
    Last edited by xqzu; 12-17-11 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Adding to the topic
    12-17-11 11:37 AM
    Hugged -- no. Swapped it for a Nexus - yes. Started the PuntBerry Project - yes. Kickoff is next weekend..
    My guess is that you went w/the Nexus on VZ. Is the NFC really disabled on that phone? Seems to me that would be a bad move, since Android does apply the NFC at some stores, say like Macy's, not sure which other stores take Google Wallet.
    12-17-11 11:38 AM
    haven't actually hugged it but i haven't came across a non-berry device that i would trade it for
    12-17-11 07:48 PM
    I hugged my wife
    But very interesting post, and i'm strongly agree with you..
    Blackberry is the best and i stay with the "healthy" Blackberry products - this is all I need from a phone and nothing else.. and instead of wasting my time playing games on the iphone i'm happy to have a Blackberry with secured email and keyboard and use it when it's needed...
    12-17-11 08:05 PM
    Rather than hugging I opened my mind and upgraded my 9800 to Samsung Galaxy S II a while back. twice the CPU power as my 9800, Twice the ram, much better screen resolution,better camera, real app market AND battery that lasts as long as my 9800 even tho the screen is much bigger.
    sounds like a guy that buys a big truck to prove something.
    So what good are all these specs if the op and most of us here don't
    like the Android OS.
    and the battery does not last as long as the 9800 not even close.
    12-17-11 08:47 PM
    Geez, i'm glad my life doesn't revolve around apps and games. If it did then ya, maybe i'd go with and iphone or android but it doesn't so I would happily hug my BB as it does everything I need and want it too do!
    12-17-11 10:05 PM
    Not trying to justify anything. No need too. Enjoy your Galaxy though, it's a great phone. I've had the opportunity to use one on several occasions and it would probably be my first choice if I was considering switching from BB.
    12-17-11 10:51 PM
    Cute way of justifying paying the same amount of money for an inferior piece of technology.

And my friend's father is content with his bicycle for getting around and thinks it does all he wants....some have no expectations and are happy with the bare minimum and some have higher expectations and demand things that are update with the current technologies...to each their own....tho I bet if i offer a BMW M3 and a bicycle for the same exact price, common sense would override his minimalistic expectations.

Who is this masked loser
    12-17-11 11:02 PM
    I love my BB. I don't hug it, but I sure take it everywhere with me -- even to the loo.
    But I bet that's common among BB users.
    12-17-11 11:27 PM
    lol
    was thinking the same
    12-17-11 11:30 PM
    I found this article today:
    Technolog - Battery life is price you pay for Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Is the battery life really as bad as this article claims on the VZ Nexus?
    12-18-11 08:55 AM
    I don't sleep without it
    12-18-11 09:16 AM
    I hug my bb, sleep with my bb, and call it Marlene :P (joke)
    mud314 likes this.
    12-18-11 09:18 AM
    Yes, I even caressed it several times!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-11 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD