I love my blackberry.. but I have cheated a few times. I had a 2 curves, now I have a torch and I missed my blackberry so much. Now I rock an iPhone and a Blackberry, guess we are in an open relationship. Have you strayed from RIM? Why and Why did you come back??
    12-03-10 08:57 PM
    I had the 8130 Pearl as my first BlackBerry, than to a 8330, than to a Droid Eris, Tour, iPhone 3GS, Storm 2, Droid Incredible, Storm 2, iPhone 4, Bold 9650, Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Curve 3G (current).

I leave and usually come back. I really like the keyboard on the BlackBerry and love the push notifications. The battery life on BlackBerry is always a positive as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lishan likes this.
    12-03-10 09:10 PM
    Unfaithful? Cheated? Are you dating or married to BB/RIM?

Brand loyalty is silly. Use whatever device suits you best, without thinking of it as anything other than sececting the best device for you at the time.

I am a former BB user, and potentially a future BB user if they come up with something that suits my needs better than the competition at a given time, but I sure don't feel any commitment to any given device...
    12-03-10 09:37 PM
    Haven't gone astray since I switched to BB.
    lishan likes this.
    12-03-10 11:11 PM
    guess we are in an open relationship.
    Sounds like a facebook thing.

The only android phone I've had was a Droid 1 and it was nice. The only thing I hated was the screen glare and not being able to see outside.
    12-03-10 11:47 PM
    Yeah I have.. I was tempted to go the iphone bandwagon..but when I loaded the leaked OS 6 I changed my mind.

12-04-10 04:08 AM
    Regardless of the amount of new or "renews" smart/phones being released, I have not been unfaithful.

lishan likes this.
    12-04-10 05:24 AM
    For the past while I've had several bits on the side. A nokia N900, an iphone 3gs and now a Nexus One but through it all I've always kept my blackberry active and in use, over time I use those phones less and my BB more.

Next I'll get a tablet of some kind and keep the blackberry. If only the Playbook was a0 incher ... I'd buy that but I believe one may be in the works but perhaps I'll get something to tide me over until then.

12-04-10 05:57 AM
    I have been a faithful BB user for almost 4 years - 8130 and then Storm2; always have been a one-woman kind of guy. I want to stay faithful, I really do, but RIM will have show me BIGGER & FASTER or else I will jump this summer when my NE2 comes up.
    lishan likes this.
    12-04-10 06:19 AM
    I started with a Curve 8520, then I switched to the Bold 9700. From the 9700 I went to the Motorola Milestone (GSM version of the Droid). After switching carriers I went to a Curve 8530. I forgot how much I missed the BlackBerry keyboard!
    12-04-10 08:00 AM
    First and foremost Im a smartphone junkie, having had ALL knds of devices. Ive had more Berries than anything though. I just got done with a 4 month stint with an i4, now Im back on my 9700 untill the end of the month when I have an upgrade. Maybe a new Torch, may hold out for the 9780 when it drops on AT&T.
    lishan likes this.
    12-04-10 08:21 AM
    I have been faithful since 2000 but I may have a side piece and her name is Droid X. She is very hot and I am probably switching. LOL
    12-04-10 08:30 AM
    I have been faithful since 2000 but I may have a side piece and her name is Droid X. She is very hot and I am probably switching. LOL
    hahaha!

My 8330 wasn't overwhelming, but cute in a wholesome kind of way. It took me some time to push my storm 2's buttons the right way, being the genie in a bottle it once was. So you can say, I had it good with the family. The 8330 found a nice suitor in one founder of Nathanix, who eventually found her wholesome, take-home-to-mother feel, a little boring, then prompted to get a Droid 2. My conjecture is, no more mail order bride stuff. I think he had to perform some work on her to get her treating him right, also.

I picked my A855 on the open market. I couldn't let this beauty stay on the streets too long. I'm sure she had some extra miles. I just bought more junk for her trunk so she keep on going throughout the days, and nights.

In the end, my stint with the BlackBerry family was full of irreconcilable differences: high maintenance of having to clean out the 8330's junk in the trunk; she couldn't please me anymore. Her capacity to learn new moves hit a ceiling, and I had to move on. Maybe when I hit retirement age (it'll probably be when I'm 70), her wholesome patience, and slower pace will be good for me, then.

The 9550, or Storm 2: like her real-life counterpart, things got dirty quickly, as time has eroded her wholesome BlackBerry goodness, with endless attempts to update her image. My only thought would be, go back to what made her great again. Her real-life counterpart has, I'm wondering if I should have done the same. But alas, we were no longer meant to be.

I'm loving Droid A855 right now. But by no means, does this mean I've gone down to one knee, or even thinking about it. If BlackBerry can do her part in reconciling whatever differences we had, I'm sure I'd flock over back to her cage.

Official: I simply had too much time on my hands.
    12-04-10 09:11 AM
    I'm a phone geek, and have boought almost every platform except for Android or Nokia smarphones.
    I've stayed with Blackberries since my Curve, except for a brief indiscretion with an iPhone 3GS. We broke up after 29 days of a difficult relationship.
    I've used my sister in law's Android, and decided it was NOT for me.

12-04-10 09:19 AM
    when i broke my 8300 i considered getting another type device but at the end of the day i could not stray away from BlackBerry...i bought a 8310 that day lol....been faithful to BlackBerry since i got my first one in 2007
    12-04-10 09:27 AM
    I had an 8100 I gave up last year for an iPhone3G. After 9 months of having the iPhone, he just quit on me... wouldn't turn on, wouldn't charge. So I decided to go back to BlackBerry. I love it, sticking with BlackBerry from now on.
    lishan likes this.
    12-04-10 09:44 AM
    Thanks guys.. Just all in fun post and I was curious how many folks just couldn't stay away from the crack(berry) like me.. Like a moth to the flame lol
    12-06-10 10:11 PM
    Yes, I started with the Pearl 8100, went to a S1, had many problems with that one, then took my talents to the iPhone 2 and didn't take me long to switch back to BB as I loathed that platform. Ended up getting the 8900 and was a solid phone, but that was when I heard about Andriod and was diggin' all the good reviews about them, so tried the Cliq and that lasted a week and then went to the mytouch and hated the battery life, not having a physical keyboard and the Cliq's sucked!

Ended up getting lucky to get another exchange in my 9700 and have had it over a year now and still content with it. Even more so on os6, which rocks!

Does that mean I won't switch again? Who knows...gonna enjoy my next year with my 9700 and hoping for some QNX/Tat love! If not, then I am sure Andriod will have something that will catch my eye.

Really liking my Brother-in-laws X.

Time tells all!

12-06-10 11:24 PM
    started with a Curve 8310, had a brief fling with an iphone 3g, gave the iphone to my wife and got a Storm 9550.
    Currently waiting for RIM to release some news on the Storm3, but I might just grab a 9780 while I wait.
    12-07-10 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD