Hi all,

After checking out a coworker's BB and his full endorsement on getting one and seeing as how rumor has it that our company will be implementing some sort of internet traffic spyware, I've decided to make the jump. We're not supposed to be on the internet at work

I guess I'm looking for some recommendations. I'm mainly going to use it for email, IM, some spreadsheets on the go and of course surfing the net. Surfing the net is actually on top of the list of uses I would think. I'm pretty much a forums junky to be honest. I'm a Verizon customer and I know the Storm 2 will be coming out shortly so would it be best to wait and read some reviews on that first? Or does anyone feel that it would not grant all that much improvement over a current model out there now? I did have my eye on the Tour 9630 but I'm not even sure if this is overkill or not. I'm completely new to Blackberries.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
    09-12-09 05:57 AM
    What ever you do, steer clear of the Storm from Verizon... I know that I currently have a Pearl 8130, but also had the unfortunate displeasure of using a buddies Storm a few days back.

I didn't like it. Touch screen almost seemed glitchy. Use of it really upset me, not very friendly. Then again, they are supposedly making the Storm 2 with the oldstyle QWERTY keyboard but with a large screen. I would recommend anything that RIM comes out with other than the current version of the Storm. I am on my Pearl at all times... and when the time comes to upgrade, you know I am stepping it up to the hottest item, just wanted to give it a go and see if I would like the BB. And boy, wish I would have stepped it up right away
    09-12-09 06:12 AM
    If your mainly going to be using your phone for internet usage then i suggest the storm for the bigger screen but before you buy, go into a store near you and see if you could play with it for a while before you commit.

And it probaly is worth waiting for the storm 2 as well
    09-12-09 06:49 AM
    A BB isn't the best choice for an internet centric phone to be honest. But if you stay with mobile sites and Opera Mini it does a fine job. Crackberry Mobile forums and opera mini is a very fast and easy browsing/posting combination. Of the choices listed I would go with the Tour. I just can't get used to typing on the Storm but the new design of the Storm 2 looks extremely interesting and would likely wait and try it before buying since your on Verizon but they are not an option for me.
    09-12-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD