Hey,

Long time BB user here. I have both a Q10 and Z10, and have been loving BB10 the actual OS. But one thing that has been getting on my nerves lately is the lack of big name apps. Have they given up, is there any news on progress in this regard? (next mention of sideloading gets a punch in the throat, thats not a solution)

It annoyed me yesterday, when I was at the gym listening to spotify on my old GS3 (no spotify on bb10 so I gotta bring both with me) and between sets I was thinking I need some clothes for work, better check my bank account info, so I get out my z10 and remember I have to log in via the web browser because of course there's no app. So I turned on wifi hotspot, and used the banking app on my gs3, which was quicker than using the web log in anyway. Later that day I wanted to check ebay for something while I was out. Checked the app store, looked at the reviews of the app.... great, apparently it's a poor android port that drains your battery.

At that point I thought to myself.... wait a minute, why do I actually have this phone? Has anyone ever thought this at some point? I absoloutely love the hardware and OS, but I wonder how long I can go before I just get too tired of not having the access to apps that everyone else does. I find myself tempted by the gs4 not for the handset, but for all the useful apps.

I guess this is just a rant but does anyone else feel the same? Is BB doing anything about it? I hope so because it's a big issue. I want to hold on to be beloved blackberry but it's getting more and more difficult the longer they neglect this issue.
    alcapone89 likes this.
    08-04-13 12:48 AM
    I think they are trying everyday to get more devs on board. But it turns out not as easy as they thought.

That said if the phone doesnt have what you need then find one that does. If the GS3 works best for you there is nothing wrong with sticking to it.
    08-04-13 12:52 AM
    What bank are you with? :O

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:58 AM
    I feel the same way.
    None of my banks are there yet.
    Bank of America, BB&T, Wells Fargo are all still missing.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-13 04:42 AM
    I feel akin to your sentiments also.

BlackBerry are trying - they must be. There are a lot of apps that are missing - yes, banking also - and people complain all the time! Sure, there are a few that bleat on about how apps are not important - the key is that they are in the minority - the majority want apps, and they buy phones that give them access to those apps. 31 million iphones were activated, last quarter. 2.7 m BlackBerry 10 devices shipped - BlackBerry can see how many are activated, you need to sign in to bbid... guess it's low enough that they don' want to focus on it.

That said, BlackBerry 10 is an excellent platform (niggles aside) and the android upgrage will make it better... so where are the apps.

It is incorrect to think that business operates on a "throw cash at it and it will happen" basis. Other factors are in play - whether it be exclusivity (not talked about, of course) or other sweetners... whatever the case, devs are not willing to come on board - yet. there is no reason to think they won't in the future - but by then the damage is done and the sales have gone elsewhere and the perception - that BlackBerry is fresh and new and vibrant - well, that's damaged also.

Marketing would need to be turned up a notch - and we know BlackBerry does great marketing... I'm being ironic, if anyone could miss the sigh with which I wrote that last.

I don't know what they can do - I just want them to continue upping the stakes - offer MORE! At some point an offer becomes viable, find out what it is!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-04-13 05:33 AM
    Hey,

Long time BB user here. I have both a Q10 and Z10, and have been loving BB10 the actual OS. But one thing that has been getting on my nerves lately is the lack of big name apps. Have they given up, is there any news on progress in this regard? (next mention of sideloading gets a punch in the throat, thats not a solution)

It annoyed me yesterday, when I was at the gym listening to spotify on my old GS3 (no spotify on bb10 so I gotta bring both with me) and between sets I was thinking I need some clothes for work, better check my bank account info, so I get out my z10 and remember I have to log in via the web browser because of course there's no app. So I turned on wifi hotspot, and used the banking app on my gs3, which was quicker than using the web log in anyway. Later that day I wanted to check ebay for something while I was out. Checked the app store, looked at the reviews of the app.... great, apparently it's a poor android port that drains your battery.

At that point I thought to myself.... wait a minute, why do I actually have this phone? Has anyone ever thought this at some point? I absoloutely love the hardware and OS, but I wonder how long I can go before I just get too tired of not having the access to apps that everyone else does. I find myself tempted by the gs4 not for the handset, but for all the useful apps.

I guess this is just a rant but does anyone else feel the same? Is BB doing anything about it? I hope so because it's a big issue. I want to hold on to be beloved blackberry but it's getting more and more difficult the longer they neglect this issue.
    Were your fav apps present in bb7 devices ?
    Did you have an android for apps during that times too..

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    08-04-13 05:50 AM
    Well I feel for you OP, but I can't say I've noticed myself.

I was listening to my songza app but switched over to skooday for a bit.

One of my clients sent me a photo which I touched up with magicphoto and sent back to her.

My husband and I just switched banks and so I downloaded the banking app and realized the movie theatre app I already had could link to my Scene acct so I could check my points balance. Nice.

I also downloaded the reebee app so I could check out my local flyers before I stop into a store.

Of course, I'm in Canada. The Canadian banks seem to be adopting BB10 quicker than the American ones. Goes a long with more Canadians embracing BB10 than Americans I guess.

I think the 'big' apps that Americans want are in a wait and see holding pattern right now. Which is the chicken and the egg problem that has been discussed Frequently. Maybe if they can see the Canadian apps doing well though and bringing in customers it will help turn the tide.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:38 AM
    If you want the apps on bb10, spend some time pestering the app devs. It always amazes me how much time people spend on CrackBerry/CB10 complaining, but if you try to organize a campaign to help motivate developers to build apps there is complete apathy for it.

Simply Retweet any #GetWithBB10 tweets.. prove that there are numbers of BB10 users out there... right now we get one or two retweets.. which simply proves that the app devs are right, that there aren't very many BB10 users out there that are interested in their apps.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-04-13 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD