I'M SURE there's already a thread on this but I'll be ****ed if I can find it. When I have read a bunch of new emails on my Gmail account on my desktop, do they have to appear as unread on my BB (8830WE Verizon)? It's not so bad to mark them all as read, but is there a way to change some setting somewhere so that next time my device checks with the Gmail server it sees that I've looked at these already?
    09-11-09 12:09 PM
    You can stop all connections in your connections manager while you're at your desk, just remember to enable connection when you leave!
    09-11-09 01:06 PM
    As an option you can just turn off data services (if you want to keep you phone connected)
    09-11-09 01:09 PM
    No there isn't, unfortunately. Gmail only has one way sync of read messages. If you read them on your BB, they will show as read in your desktop inbox, but not vice versa. If you read them on your desktop, they will still show as unread on your BB, and currently there is no way to change this... it's one of the only problems with Gmail and BB...
    09-11-09 01:10 PM
    Well, thanks for a definitive answer......you'd think those geeks at Google would be working on this.......
    09-12-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD