Aloha! I have a BB pearl 8100; T-Mobile service.
    I think I've been hacked/bluetooth hijacked or something. Phone running security scripts (ya right) and starting slow. Had recent computer keylogger installed w/o my knowledge... how can I check my phone for unwanted trojens, etc. also have rejected certificate (annyway) listed.
    Help!
    CWJ
    10-20-08 04:21 PM
    never heard of a blackberry getting viruses
    when the phones starts its supposed to run a security script and the slow starting is just something blackberry does
    are you having any other problems
    10-20-08 04:24 PM
    You had a key logger installed on your BB? First thing I'd do is do a battery pull. If that doesn't work, I'd contact your carrier's customer service department.

Good luck!
    10-20-08 04:24 PM
    You had a key logger installed on your BB? First thing I'd do is do a battery pull. If that doesn't work, I'd contact your carrier's customer service department.

Good luck!
    key logger was on the computer if I read the post correctly
    10-20-08 04:27 PM
    keylogger was on laptop. but may have been added to my phone via another BB or sent to me through some trojen email or something.
    10-20-08 04:27 PM
    you wont have a key logger on your bb
    bb's are known for there safety if they were that easy to hack businesses would never use them
    10-20-08 04:29 PM
    Suggestion...maybe just wipe your phone, then reinstall the OS. That might help..pretty weird reading what you got.
    10-20-08 04:55 PM
    Suggestion...maybe just wipe your phone, then reinstall the OS. That might help..pretty weird reading what you got.
    Woah. Settle down, wiping the device is probably not necessary. I highly doubt your BlackBerry has been hacked. If the "symptoms" are:

1. That it takes a long time to boot up
    2. You see "Verifying Security Software" on startup

Then you have nothing to worry about. 1) After a battery pull, a BB will take a couple minutes to boot. This is normal. If it is taking a long time to boot after just powering down, then you might have low application memory or something. 2) A BB will always say this when it boots. It is checking that the installed applications, and is normal.
    10-20-08 05:28 PM
    I have that annyway cert as well and the security check as well as the slow start up on reboots and battery pulls. All that is normal. I think you're fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 05:33 PM
    Hopefully you are fine. I have never heard of a bb virus.
    10-20-08 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD