Have BlackBerry actually stopped advertising? Haven't seen a BlackBerry ad via any media for a long while. BlackBerry 10 rocks and the Z30 is far and away the best handset on the market.. So why aren't BlackBerry shouting from the rooftops about their products? It's no wonder we keep falling further behind!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-16-13 at 02:46 PM. Reason: derogatory platform names
    12-16-13 02:42 PM
    Too bad with Christmas here ,a lot of people were hoping for some real sales,Could be nothing left in the budget,or they want to prepare for their next product which could be the one.
    12-16-13 02:46 PM
    Shhhhhhhh! BlackBerry phone quality is supposed to be a secret.
    si001 and R Field like this.
    12-16-13 02:47 PM
    Ok - who changed the wording on my original post???!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:50 PM
    Ok - who changed the wording on my original post???!!!!

Posted via CB10
    That would be me. No need to use derogatory terms towards other platforms. The modfia prefer to spend their time helping, not cleaning up flame wars and infracting members.
    12-16-13 02:52 PM
    I see ads on cbc still. Saw one last night

Sent from my Z30
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-16-13 02:56 PM
    Zero adverts or any marketing initiatives here in India too!

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1055
    12-16-13 02:57 PM
    It's a dog eat dog out world there!! BlackBerry are forever disrespected by phone store sales people. That's why we're in the state were in - no marketing strategy - and clearly showing too much respect to our rivals!!

Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:57 PM
    That would be me no need to use derogatory terms towards other platforms. The modfia prefer to spend their time helping, not cleaning up flame wars and infractions members.
    It's a dog eat dog out world there!! BlackBerry are forever disrespected by phone store sales people. That's why we're in the state we're in - no marketing strategy - and clearly showing too much respect to our rivals!!

Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:02 PM
    Yes it's not very effective unless you have vast amounts of money, but I think they could do some substantial advertising through social networks and not cost as much money as TV adds. That's how Obama won the presidency, social networking.

Zed10
    12-16-13 03:22 PM
    It's a dog eat dog out world there!! BlackBerry are forever disrespected by phone store sales people. That's why we're in the state we're in - no marketing strategy - and clearly showing too much respect to our rivals!!

Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Love for one doesn't require hate for another. We have a lot of members who use multiple platforms. They love both BlackBerry and CrackBerry. Do it for them, and all they've given to the community over the years. Do it for Kevin.
    app_Developer and Saiga like this.
    12-16-13 03:29 PM
    Blackberry' plan for marketing and advertising is still a mystery to this day!
    12-16-13 03:34 PM
    They won't waste money on advertising now that they're focused on enterprise customers again. You may see ads time to time till their contracts are fulfilled from various media.
    12-16-13 03:38 PM
    It's a dog eat dog out world there!! BlackBerry are forever disrespected by phone store sales people. That's why we're in the state were in - no marketing strategy - and clearly showing too much respect to our rivals!!
    Are you serious!? One of the reasons BlackBerry is in the state it's in is because it didn't show enough respect for its rivals. When the iPhone debuted, BlackBerry dismissed it as a toy, and did nothing while Apple ate its lunch. Remember the slogans, "Tools, not Toys," and "Amateur Hour Is Over"? Perhaps if BlackBerry had taken its rivals a little more seriously and not waited six years to try to compete, they wouldn't now be hovering on the brink of extinction.
    12-16-13 03:52 PM
    Are you serious!? One of the reasons BlackBerry is in the state it's in is because it didn't show enough respect for its rivals. When the iPhone debuted, BlackBerry dismissed it as a toy, and did nothing while Apple ate its lunch. Remember the slogans, "Tools, not Toys," and "Amateur Hour Is Over"? Perhaps if BlackBerry had taken its rivals a little more seriously and not waited six years to try to compete, they wouldn't now be hovering on the brink of extinction.
    I meant now, not then, but I get your point...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:57 PM
    I would imagine that most of the devices that Blackberry is selling these days are the result of upgrades of legacy devices or enterprise purchases. They aren't going to get much return from mass advertising, especially, if carriers aren't really supporting the devices. It's one thing if the user is going to see the device in their carrier store and say "Hmm...I've seen ads for this thing." If they see the ad, it probably won't get them to order online sight unseen.
    12-16-13 03:58 PM
    So why aren't BlackBerry shouting from the rooftops about their products?
    Because they have the worst marketing department in the entire world history of marketing. Entire classes will be taught in colleges about the colossal screw ups from the marketing geniuses at BB that managed to squander the reputation of the best phone brand on planet earth. Their last big push....the super bowl ad.....was a complete joke, not showing a single thing the phone does or why people should care at all. Instead they wasted money on a commercial where stuff turns into yellow balls. They don't even seem to know why they are better, or why people should care about them. It's as if Apple and Samsung have been holding their entire marketing team at gunpoint inside a room for 2 years, forcing them to say completely boring and innocuous things about BB (if anything at all).
    BeautyEh likes this.
    12-16-13 05:15 PM
    I've seen lots of advertising at Google+ though. Plenty of explanation on BB10 new features...

Posted From My Z10 STL100-1
    12-16-13 09:02 PM
    Lots of ads on www.globeandmail.com

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:17 PM
    Because they have the worst marketing department in the entire world history of marketing. Entire classes will be taught in colleges about the colossal screw ups from the marketing geniuses at BB that managed to squander the reputation of the best phone brand on planet earth. Their last big push....the super bowl ad.....was a complete joke, not showing a single thing the phone does or why people should care at all. Instead they wasted money on a commercial where stuff turns into yellow balls. They don't even seem to know why they are better, or why people should care about them. It's as if Apple and Samsung have been holding their entire marketing team at gunpoint inside a room for 2 years, forcing them to say completely boring and innocuous things about BB (if anything at all).
    Well said sir.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:57 PM
    Lots of ads on www.globeandmail.com

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Hardly mainstream...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:31 PM
    Love for one doesn't require hate for another. We have a lot of members who use multiple platforms. They love both BlackBerry and CrackBerry. Do it for them, and all they've given to the community over the years. Do it for Kevin.
    About Kevin,...where is he? No posts or podcasts in what? Three weeks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-17-13 02:38 PM
    About Kevin,...where is he? No posts or podcasts in what? Three weeks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    BBM Channels has legs (and sexy girls in yoga pants, too!) | CrackBerry.com
    12-17-13 02:44 PM