It's my contention that the Bold has missed the boat. With the impending release of the Storm less than 2 weeks away, the Curve 2(javelin) in the winds, and the ridiculous amount of iphone sales I see the boat pulling away from the dock.

Although the Bold will still sell I think that the device is being released at the wrong time. There are now multiple BB choices on the horizon. People who are eligible for upgrades have to make a hard choice. People who are going to buy at full price because there not eligible have an even harder /expensive choice to make.

Just imagine if the Bold was released months ago as rumored. If it had been released either before the iphone or around the same time think of the sales it would have generated. Many people have posted on this site that they went out and purchased an iphone because there was no reasonable alternative. When people lined up for the iphone there was no shiny Bold sitting there to contend with.

Now ATT/RIM is asking you to drop $400 +tax up front for the Bold 2 weeks before the Storm and a month before Christmas? Way to think it through guys. Im sure lots of people who are losing there homes and cant afford to put gas in there tanks or food in there stomaches would love to give you $400.

I gave this serious thought because the BB users at my job who were once excited about the Bold to a person have jumped ship. Most are now Storm crazy and ready to switch to Verizon to get it. Others are talking Curve 2(Javelin). I don't know a single person in our department who is even remotely interested in the Bold anymore.

So how many people agree with me? I dont think anyone can argue that the
    Bold is a great device but did the boat sail away?
    10-30-08 02:45 AM
    I don't. It's $299.

I do agree sales will not be as good as it could have been before the Storm was announced.

Hopefully I get my Bold tonight at a release party, but the boat has not sailed away for me. The anchor is down, it's not going anywhere.
    10-30-08 04:49 AM
    In Canada the Bold has already been on sale here for quite some time :-)
    10-30-08 04:55 AM
    In Canada the Bold has already been on sale here for quite some time :-)
    I agree that the newness of the bold will not be as great as it could have been if they had released it worldwide instead of everywhere but the U.S.. This is a major market that has always been overlooked whenever something new is released (unless your a winblows baby).
    But I will be staying with my 8800 until all the bugs are worked out of all the new models coming out.
    10-30-08 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD