Complete failure to migrate BBOS users to BB10, also known as "taking care of your own".
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-28-15 10:58 AM
    What you stated isn't true. Out of the box there are a minimal selection of apps. The Amazon app store is severely lacking and Blackberry's is comical. To the average consumer who isn't willing to go through the steps to get Android apps, they are screwed as far as apps go. And Android apps are far from ideal on BB10. Many of them are buggy, battery drains, require Google services, or just plain don't work.
    My point is the phone has its OWN ecosystem which works great. I have no need for the missing apps you speak of, my phone(s) does what i want it to with no buggy background data-eating stuff going on. I have a few android apps, most of them i delete right after i try to use them, only because i dont want to agree to give them the keys to my soul in order to operate, even the android apps you pay for do that.

So specifically, which android apps dont work and cause your BlackBerry to not be able to do what you want? I have shortcuts to websites on my screen that take you there just like an app if there isnt one or you dont want an android one.

If you like the android experience better its there for you, but that doesnt mean that the BlackBerry experience isnt great as well. I am just going by what i have experienced. If i was ok with my LG android, i would not have sought out and found BlackBerry! And i bought my first BB Bold not knowing what i wanted or if it would work for me.

So what I'm saying 'isnt true' -- for YOU. But again, have you even tried a BlackBerry yourself or do you just like to post about how its no good? I'm still not clear on that point.
    02-28-15 11:00 AM
    They still don't have that.
    I agree in many respects but believe releasing the Passport and Classic with an updated OS are a step in the right direction. There are only so many variations and or designs on a slab all touch device. (so many like the same) I do think the reintroduction of devices with a modem OS and PKB is a defining, marketable strategy.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-28-15 11:09 AM
    Not something that BlackBerry has done... so a little OT. But the FANS of BlackBerry that refuse to see the realities of the Company, Hardware and Platform.... does sometimes leave me shaking my head too.

It's the media's fault, the carriers faults, the users fault, or the shorters fault.... they just can't see that BlackBerry has done ALL of this to themselves. Most of the negativity towards the brand that the Media, Carriers and Users are showing is due to many of the points brought up in the thread. It does have a negative impact on BlackBerry now, but the company brought this on themselves by not reacting to changes in the market quickly enough.
    I became a fan of the brand not knowing, or caring, that they had a 'bad reputation' of sorts now. What i am finding is that perceptions from people who arent knowledgeable about the capabilities of BlackBerries, and negative innuendos from the media that paint the picture that the phones are NOT good quality, are driving the product downward, and we do know that atnt does not promote their BlackBerries, even with their exclusive rights to the latest and greatest.

The 'changes in the market' are the lack of any kind of publicity except to talk about BlackBerry as if it were a thing of the past. Like the false news blurb that said the Classic isnt even a smartphone, how many people who are unaware of this lie are going to even follow up on it?

I'm sure the company has also made mistakes, that wasnt the point of my post. I see blacklisting going on hard and heavy and it happened to me personally by a store clerk telling me a really great phone is a really bad phone and i didn't know she was lying, that was the opening scene for my experience with BlackBerry.

This problem is NOT about the 'hardware and the platform.' That is whats GOOD about BlackBerry.
    ArcPlug likes this.
    02-28-15 11:19 AM
    I'm sure the company has also made mistakes, that wasnt the point of my post. I see blacklisting going on hard and heavy and it happened to me personally by a store clerk telling me a really great phone is a really bad phone and i didn't know she was lying, that was the opening scene for my experience with BlackBerry.
    Failing to implement an innovative engagement program for frontline salespeople, especially at the launch of BlackBerry 10.
    03-01-15 07:21 AM

The bugs and inconsistencies across the UI are similar to the most of themes we had on 7.1 devices.

Poorly compiled and tested Themes had much in common with the "Official Software Update 10.3.1"

 Q5 / Z30
    03-01-15 08:13 AM
    I like how most of this thread is the same few people.
    03-01-15 01:22 PM
    Yeah ofc they did. Not having a basic social app called Instagram on their "World" -_- I was stunned!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:56 PM
    I like how most of this thread is the same few people.
    good observation. I'm sure most people are shy to express themselves.
    03-01-15 02:07 PM
    Wait a minute. Are you even someone who USES a BlackBerry? I had the damned LG $600 phone from atnt. I read all the grief android users still put up with. I know what i hate and why i hate it; finding BlackBerry was like finding an oasis around the corner. My android phone made me not even want to have a phone.

I would like to hear specifically where my comment is not true rather than more vague attitude comments which contain no substance.

Yes, its not an android, its a BlackBerry which lets android apps to be used. You prefer an android phone, i prefer a BlackBerry phone.
    LOL.
    03-01-15 02:15 PM
    03-01-15 02:18 PM
    What you stated isn't true. Out of the box there are a minimal selection of apps. The Amazon app store is severely lacking and Blackberry's is comical. To the average consumer who isn't willing to go through the steps to get Android apps, they are screwed as far as apps go. And Android apps are far from ideal on BB10. Many of them are buggy, battery drains, require Google services, or just plain don't work.
    I was quite enjoying the outburst. I don't think logic will dissuade it though.
    03-01-15 02:19 PM
    My point is the phone has its OWN ecosystem which works great. I have no need for the missing apps you speak of, my phone(s) does what i want it to with no buggy background data-eating stuff going on. I have a few android apps, most of them i delete right after i try to use them, only because i dont want to agree to give them the keys to my soul in order to operate, even the android apps you pay for do that.

So specifically, which android apps dont work and cause your BlackBerry to not be able to do what you want? I have shortcuts to websites on my screen that take you there just like an app if there isnt one or you dont want an android one.

If you like the android experience better its there for you, but that doesnt mean that the BlackBerry experience isnt great as well. I am just going by what i have experienced. If i was ok with my LG android, i would not have sought out and found BlackBerry! And i bought my first BB Bold not knowing what i wanted or if it would work for me.

So what I'm saying 'isnt true' -- for YOU. But again, have you even tried a BlackBerry yourself or do you just like to post about how its no good? I'm still not clear on that point.
    Ah... there you go. You used the all important qualifier: "for you." That cannot be argued with.

No one can rationally argue that any ecosystem isn't perfect/good enough for any number of people. But BlackBerry does lack a good number of tools and utilities common on other platforms.

This is a fact that BlackBerry itself acknowledges.

For those that don't need them, like yourself, the ecosystem is fine. BBRY just needs more people like that.

ETA: I do find it quite interesting that folks believe that BBRY's ecosystem problem is only "perception." Even after JC called for app neutrality.
    03-01-15 02:25 PM
    Failing to implement an innovative engagement program for frontline salespeople, especially at the launch of BlackBerry 10.
    LOL.

Accurate, but made me laugh all the same.
    03-01-15 02:26 PM
    Another sign of things to come as to finally ditch the handset business and probably BlackBerry 10 altogether. BlackBerry becomes just another MDM provider and productivity suite maker.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-15 02:29 PM
    Another sign of things to come as to finally ditch the handset business and probably BlackBerry 10 altogether. BlackBerry becomes just another MDM provider and productivity suite maker.
    Hopefully not, but it definitely looks like BBRY is wisely covering the bases.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-01-15 02:32 PM
    Maybe you are just too quick to jump to conclusion. One thing that is for sure guaranteed is that if BlackBerry does not remain profitable, its handset business will definitely not exist. You ever heard the saying "YOU CAN"T TAKE A HUNGRY LION TO A CIRCUS".
    03-01-15 02:41 PM
    I was quite enjoying the outburst. I don't think logic will dissuade it though.
    Outbursts are entertaining!

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-01-15 02:46 PM
    Hopefully not, but it definitely looks like BBRY is wisely covering the bases.
    So true. Let's hope they continue making some handsets to make us happy, but they certainly need to move in this direction.

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    03-01-15 02:48 PM
    Let's see on Monday or Tuesday !
    03-01-15 02:50 PM
    This is the thing that makes me shake my head. Why don't they send a Passport and/or a Classic to Kim Kardashian? She obviously loves BlackBerry. They would sell thousands of phones just because she carries one.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:13 PM
    Why don't they send a Passport and/or a Classic to Kim Kardashian? She obviously loves BlackBerry. They would sell thousands of phones just because she carries one.
    Have they sold thousands of Bold 9900's because she carries one?
    03-01-15 10:54 PM
    This is the thing that makes me shake my head. Why don't they send a Passport and/or a Classic to Kim Kardashian? She obviously loves BlackBerry. They would sell thousands of phones just because she carries one.

Posted via CB10
    Probably for the same reason she hasn't gone out and purchased one herself. She likes the simplicity of BBOS and like many legacy users doesn't want to move away from that for messaging. For everything else she uses an iPhone.
    03-01-15 10:58 PM
    When legacy devices wouldn't automatically change time zones, even if selected to.

A touchscreen that "clicked" as one large panel.

 Q10
    03-01-15 11:55 PM
    Have they sold thousands of Bold 9900's because she carries one?
    there is no way you can prove that she may not have subliminally influenced some of her "blind" admirers into buying the Bold.
    NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAIN.
    03-03-15 08:52 AM
160 ... 4567