This seems odd, for about the last week I have been getting spam in all of my bb email accounts. I have 5 accounts that all come to my bb and some I rarely use. The messages are from various fake names and the messages have the same content, investing crap. Is it possible that someone got bb address info ?

Has anyone else experienced this. Just odd that all my accounts are getting junk mail, when I am real carefull about my address.

Any sugestions or comments ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 08:07 PM
    Same here.

I have 3 email addresses that I get on my BB, and they all got the same spam.
    08-12-08 09:17 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting that too. Figured I put my email on the wrong site somewhere...Well, thats a kicker. Any idea what it it?
    08-12-08 09:27 PM
    I haven't seen any change in the amount of spam.

Maybe being on a Corporate BES has something to do with that.
    08-12-08 09:28 PM
    I just started getting really weird spam on all the email addresses I have on my bb. It started Sunday for me.
    08-12-08 09:40 PM
    I started getting spam to from wierd address's in like Dutch and broken English too. Idk what's going on but it's annoying.

08-12-08 09:48 PM
    wtf **** no that better not happen to me
    08-12-08 09:55 PM
    I received a couple of strange messages that slipped through my spam filters, etc...

But I got over it... since I only got about 3 messages

I am not sure if it is a "hacked BIS server"... but possibly some sort of spam bot is slipping through spam filters. This should go away in no time (I hope)
    08-12-08 10:00 PM
    I have verizon and I am on a BIS. Not sure who to contact on this but there has had to be a compromise somewhere. All off my accounts have got the same type of junk mail.

About 3x a day a spam mail will come up. The same message does not go to all the mailboxes, different messages on different accounts. They are all pertain to ivestment info.

The only way that all of the accounts are tied together is through my blackberry. No other links.

08-12-08 10:08 PM
    I got spam when I had my email address in my signature, but it stopped once I removed it. I am also BIS on Verizon

08-12-08 10:35 PM
    The only way that all of the accounts are tied together is through my blackberry. No other links.
    Except that they all belong to you. I haven't gotten any spam into my inbox that got through my filters. Are you getting spam on your Blackberry Verizon account as well?
    08-13-08 01:36 AM
    i havent gotten anything whatsoever o.o
    08-13-08 01:37 AM
    Me too. I thought it was just me. Lol. Mine have been from fake names. Something about oil prices?

08-13-08 01:47 AM
    Nope none here.

I have the options under this menu checked:

Options - MMS - Message Filtering
    Reject anonymous messages
    Reject advertisements

I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I use my BB addy regularly and I've had zero span problems.

08-13-08 01:59 AM
    Nope none here.

Reject advertisements

I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I use my BB addy regularly and I've had zero span problems.

Where exactly are you pulling this menu up from? I can't seem to find it on my BB
    08-13-08 07:32 AM
    Nope none here.

Reject advertisements

I think this will only fix the problem for MMS texts, not email.

I've been getting a ton of spam lately too. Mine started this weekend.
    08-13-08 10:18 AM
    I've been getting spammed on all my email accounts since last thursday. I'd been going nuts trying to figure out why it was happening on all of these obscure email accounts. I've had these accounts for years, and this is the first time any of them have received any spam. It's kind of frustrating, because I'd gone through great lengths to keep them out of the spammers hands (never signed up for anything with them, give them to people I don't know, etc.). At least I know where they're coming from now. I supposed removing them from my Blackberry won't stop the flood, huh?
    08-13-08 12:23 PM
    Nope none here.

Reject advertisements

That's for MMS text messages with media... that has nothing to do with email.
    08-13-08 12:42 PM
    I've been having the same problem since last week. Its always some type of investment that has to do with energy, or I get spam that is in a different language
    08-13-08 12:47 PM
    Me too, i thought it was weird as i never had any before..glad to know it's not just me.
    08-13-08 12:50 PM
    no problems here on either of my devices.
    08-13-08 06:22 PM
    Spam about oil, energy, meds, with broken English as noted above. These are getting into my gmail accounts and my aol accounts, and then onto my BB's. Not real high volume of them, just a few slipping through. Interestingly the volume into the spam folders is not up significantly, just a few annoying spams getting past what are otherwise VERY good filters.

I have not seen any of these spam messages getting into the blackberry.net accounts, so I don't think it is BB servers getting hacked. I believe someone out there has found a way to get things past the email service spam filters.

Will be curious to see if this is solved, resolved and/or identified.
    08-13-08 06:42 PM
    I've been getting the spam this week too. Something must be going on.
    08-13-08 06:46 PM
    I Have Been Getting A Ridiculous Amount Of Junk Mail Lately. And A Lot Them Seem To Be Slipping Through My Spam And Junk Filters. Hmmmm Wonder What Happened.
    08-13-08 06:51 PM
    Well most of the spam I have received is on my att.blackberry.net account. Stuff about investing in a new oil company. Not a lot, just don't know how it got there.

08-13-08 06:52 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD