Here's the deal. My GPS doesn't work and it never has. It searches for satellites and never finds anything. I admit I've been lazy and procrastinated in resolving this issue. I spoke to a Verizon rep at a store and he gave me a number to call - which I haven't done so yet. He said they should be able to fix it over the phone. My question is, has anyone had a GPS on their Storm that didn't work and was fixed over the phone? Of all the issues I've read in searching, people seemed to have "fixed" it by returning it and getting another phone. I'd rather not switch phones if at all possible. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
    03-05-09 07:23 PM
    Hmm.. fix a issue by calling tech support?? lol man i kinda laugh that i never tried that.. probably cause if they asked I wouldn't want to tell them i am running a leaked OS and them blame the GPS on that... Well maybe if i am having the same issues on the next official release we can go from there!
    03-05-09 07:37 PM
    Have you tried standing outside? Calling tech support won't help.
    03-05-09 08:06 PM
    it could in a sense if it is a data problem on their end...

are you sure your location is on?
    options/advanced options/ gps/ gps services set to location on
    03-05-09 08:19 PM
    Yes I've tried everything.: (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:43 PM
    Do you have Location On turned on? If it's just E911 only, it wont work.
    03-05-09 09:02 PM
    Yes its on. I've tried indoors outdoors driving clear day let it search til it timed out.

03-05-09 09:28 PM
    Doesn't verizon disable gps?

03-05-09 09:29 PM
    Doesn't verizon disable gps?

No it was unlocked for the storm.
    03-05-09 09:33 PM
    Just get Nav4All....
    03-05-09 09:34 PM
    Here's the deal. My GPS doesn't work and it never has. It searches for satellites and never finds anything. I admit I've been lazy and procrastinated in resolving this issue. I spoke to a Verizon rep at a store and he gave me a number to call - which I haven't done so yet. He said they should be able to fix it over the phone. My question is, has anyone had a GPS on their Storm that didn't work and was fixed over the phone? Of all the issues I've read in searching, people seemed to have "fixed" it by returning it and getting another phone. I'd rather not switch phones if at all possible. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
    I would say try the fix the rep gave you. I personally don't think that it will work, but who knows. If it doesn't work I would be asking for (demanding) a new phone.
    03-05-09 09:35 PM
    Even if I get nav4all wouldn't my GPS need to work for that to work?

03-05-09 09:36 PM
    Even if I get nav4all wouldn't my GPS need to work for that to work?

Yeah the GPS would still have to connect to a satellite, it won't fix your problem. sorry. I understand your concern with not wanting to change phones, especially if GPS is your only issue and you might get a crap phone sent to you, but its probably your best bet if the rep advice doesnt work.
    03-05-09 09:39 PM
    Well that truly sucks. Hope they can help me fix it somehow and not a hardware issue.

03-06-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD