Has anyone gone back to a regular phone after using their BB?
02-22-09 10:56 PM
- I still use my RAZR when Im doing yard work. I once had a phone that fell out of my holster and I ran over it with my lawnmower cause I did not see it. I Would hate to see my Bold in 1000 pieces but if my RAZR gets damaged...so what. A new Sim card is a lot cheaper than a new Bold.02-15-09 12:38 AM
- Yeah I don't think I could ever go back to a regular phone.
I had the Pearl for two-three weeks and I hated it.
Just kidding. Liked the pearl, love the curve
Had samsung a900 before my bbs and I don't think I would mind going back if they supported emails, but they don't so I guess I couldn't haha.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-15-09 03:39 AM
- I have been a crackberry addict for a year now. I dont use it professionally but bought in anticipation of using it professionally after graduating college. I added a major and am still in school and if I had known that I wouldn't be able to go back to a dumb phone, I may not have got a BB so soon.
I am at the point that if I have to send a text for my friend (while she is driving) or answer her phone, I loathe it. It takes me ages to figure out how to do anything on it just because it isn't as "friendly," I honestly don't know how people can use dumbphones.
I will never be able to go back, I would rather be phoneless than have to deal with a dumbphone.02-15-09 01:58 PM
- Uummmm bak to a 'regular' phone-no I don't think I ever wuld-the othr day pinkberry was chargin & I had to 4ward my # to my daugt's lg venus & boy did I feel 'naked' w/o my pinkberry & I just got it 2mths ago-& no I don't like being w/o her- she's my '3rd electronic daughtr' (I have 2human girls & 3human boys- lol)
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-15-09 02:45 PM
Last edited by techluvr1234; 02-15-09 at 05:04 PM.02-15-09 03:17 PM
- I dontcare if palm puts out a phone that can drive my car, after going through 6 treo 800ws, sprint finally gave me a diff phone and it was a equivalent so they said,8330 curve after 6 months of fightin palm I hope they fold with their lil 2 hour battery life, duh let's just put the centro battery in everything kinda like a new corvette with a volkwagon motor,,,wtf, they on ???? not to mention theyr shi# sound and voice quality. ....and its always fun doing a soft reset 30 times a day,!!!!!!!!!!!thank you BLACKBERY. For showing me the difference between a smartphone and a dumb one ,,,,,,BLACKBERRY4EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no I'd rather use a payphone than to go back to a regular phone.............................
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-15-09 03:51 PM
- I keep a samsung A900 as a backup. Just in case my BB battery gets low, and it just pains me to use it! Thinking about getting a backup berry! IMO I can't think of any device I would rather use than my curve. It's simply amazing!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-15-09 05:44 PM
- No way! Never ever ever! They are wayyy to boring. Its funny, because I just LOVE themes and creating them to match my style. I used to always wish for a more customizable phone. I never thought twice about getting a berry, never knew the capabilities of it... I couldnt ask for a better phone. I love it with a passion.02-15-09 05:52 PM
- I moved to a BB due to the fact that my spouse loves to text message and my old regular cell phone was too much a pain to text with especially without the querty keyboard.
I actually had gotten a Samsung Jack Merlot only a few months ago which I use for business, and now I also have my BB Curve and am not ever going to look back...infact, I am looking forward to new opportunities and ways to expand my use of my Smartphones02-16-09 12:31 AM
- My BB is for my second number which previously was on a Nokia 5610.
I choose 5610 not because its a music phone but its the only Nokia S40 phone that has 2,000 contacts phone book. This is a first Nokia with less than 11 months abuse that died on me twice, totally dead. I miss the way 5610 with S40 handles SMS/Text, it so much better than N95 which is S60 based.
I always carry two phones anyway and no way I will choose a Bold ( I never try other BBs ) as a primary and only phone.
My primary phone is a Nokia N95, well abused and look like 7 years old already...ha ha ha...1 hang since new but I was messing with it. I need the N95 video and camera capabilities for work and GPS for speed trials. Bold camera & video is not bad but well below N95. Voice recording for meeting, Bold is garbage....unuseable. Unless everyone shout out loud..
My Bold is not stable even with OS 216, this is the official OS my carrier uses. I had "missed called event" where all calls become "missed call" and unfortunately no ringing. I tried calling my Bold, I got busy tone but I can call out from my Bold. I remove the battery and its all good. I had two cases where I had SOS in good signal area. Turn off the phone or set the network to manual will solved it. The second SOS case is today.
If I play/mess with the Bold and it crashes, its acceptable because I will do something about it immediately, but getting SOS and "missed call" without me triggering anything or even touching the Bold...this is not acceptable and I only had the Bold like 30 days.
So a Bold will stay as a read only email terminal and I will reply only for important ones, as a phone I don't like its phone and text/SMS features. As a secondary phone it is acceptable since I save time on emails check thru a lap top and for some reason my Window Vista does hang too if I open too many IE windows. Usually 10 windows plus downloading a PDF often hangs my Vista Business.
Besides, its nice to be able to check emails on a Bold while talking to a friend/client on a phone to compare information.
Overall BB is worth it. For now, it is cheap & pocketable for what it can do for emails....I am happy....
If I were to choose only one, I have to choose my N95 because I rather loose my push email capability than a phone/voice capability in terms of overall reliability I am getting now and other features I really need. My N95 can do emails but its not push.02-16-09 05:46 AM
- I had a Pearl a while back, but ended up breaking it I then used some Samsung flip for a bit, and it was such an awkward transition. It wasn't too long after that, that I couldn't take it anymore, and switched carriers and got a Curve I'll never use anything but a Blackberry again! They are so great.02-22-09 07:07 PM
- I actually had the Pearl when it first came out a few years ago. The trackerball seemed to be getting stuck so I changed my Pearl for the HTC Diamond which was new out. After only 4 months of having the HTC Diamond I am back to Blackberry, sporting the new 8900 curve, which I think it top quality! A brilliant phone!!02-22-09 07:21 PM
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
Has anyone gone back to a regular phone after using their BB?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD