I was wondering this...being a BB noob (got my pearl a few months ago) I really don't have much interest in other cell phones and brands anymore, whereas I used to dig in to every company to see what the latest phone was, and figure out when I would have the $$$ to get it.

Has anyone gone back to a normal phone after a BB? Did you like it? What did you miss most? Would you ever switch back? I don't think I would
    I went to a Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition Way Back When.

After .03 Seconds I had my BB Data Plan Up And Running Again
    01-20-09 01:49 PM
    I used to work for a company using the palm treo all day at work and never had a problem getting off work and using my razor. That was 2006. I thought it would be cool to have a phone with data capabilities, but it wasn't something for me.
    Well, I might check out the palm pre, but the only other phone I see myself getting in the near future is the 8900. I don't think I could go away from my crackberry
    01-20-09 01:52 PM
    I will go back when I retire but not until. I'm thinking that at least for awhile I will want to be left alone!
    01-20-09 02:00 PM
    switching from iPhone to Blackberry, im never going back to a regular phone.
    01-20-09 02:06 PM
    IDK, I love my Blackberry, but when I get back in 2010, Verizon is supposed to have there 4G network coming on line. I dont really for see VZW or RIM having a 4G phone out at least for a while (how long did it take them to get a 3G device out?), but I am really wanting to get on to that new higher speed network, so I may have to change at that time.
    01-20-09 02:15 PM
    I once used a Nokia E61 for over a year, which is a great device, similar to BB in many ways and had TONS of cool features..... well the phone broke, and I decided I was ready to try Nextel and bought a nextel flip phone..... it was a horrible experience. Once you have a smartphone, going back to a dummy phone is like going back to a moped from a corvette....

I lasted a few months, then I had to switch over to a Curve with Sprint..... which is my first BB device and I am loving it. Even more than the Nokia simply because there are FAR more developers focused on RIM 3rd party apps than there are Nokia/Symbian apps. I wouldn't give up my BB for any other smartphone, it is just a great device. And as for dummy phones, they have their place, but it sure isn't with me.
    01-20-09 02:54 PM
    What do you mean by regular phone? A dumb phone? I can't think of one I wouldn't mind using.... Would rather use a pay phone
    01-20-09 03:38 PM
    I don't think I could ever have a non BB phone from now on; they're just too awesome. Even if I could the phone would have to have a qwerty keyboard; I've only had full keyboard phones and I couldn't text without one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 03:39 PM
    I have retirement coming up in under 2 years. When that happens I shall have no need of a BlackBerry. At least I shall not need push emails - in fact I won't want them.

I am having a bit of a problem with this. What I shall need in retirement will be a pre-paid SIM card in a phone that will make and receive calls and the occasional SMS. Oh yeah, I want a camera too.

HOWEVER, I want my BlackBerry forever. I may just keep it and use it without a data plan for a while. Then I'll probably go and but a data plan again.
    Wow, I am a ways away from retirement, and have never used my bb 'professionally', but much like our new President, I can't IMAGINE my life without my bb and all that it can do......right now I eagerly await the BB App store and am praying that developers come up with some rockin programs--cause that Palm Pre is calling my name......lol
    Last edited by dlgus; 01-20-09 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-20-09 03:51 PM
    I could never go back to a regular phone, I would be open to trying another smartphone though. I don't think I would get hooked on anything but a crackberry, though.
    01-20-09 03:54 PM
    I use a trusty motorola phone all the time....never crashes....never needs a battery pull ....just works....as a phone when i need JUST a phone

01-20-09 04:22 PM
    i did because my mms didnt want to work and now i am back with a bb woohoo which i love
    01-20-09 04:34 PM
    I dont think i will/can ever go back. It would be like going back to err... windows after using a mac lol
    01-20-09 04:39 PM
    I tried to use my Katana when I was home this weekend, and even though I carried it 2 years I was quickly frustated without my keyboard and trackball. I an thoroughly adapted (and addicted) so I wouldn't want to go back!

01-20-09 04:42 PM
    Honestly... I could never go back to regular phones. I hate flip phones and i definitely hate non-QWERTY phones.
    01-20-09 04:47 PM
    I was wondering this...being a BB noob (got my pearl a few months ago) I really don't have much interest in other cell phones and brands anymore, whereas I used to dig in to every company to see what the latest phone was, and figure out when I would have the $$$ to get it.

Has anyone gone back to a normal phone after a BB? Did you like it? What did you miss most? Would you ever switch back? I don't think I would
    what`s a normal phone? lol
    01-20-09 04:50 PM
    If my wifes samsung rings and she a4ks me to get it I will but I feel so dirty inside afterwards.

01-20-09 04:52 PM
    I said I wanted to simplify my life and go back to a flip phone. I had this whole conversation with myself about how I don't really need a full qwerty and all the things that BB's do.

the compromise? a flip berry. I tried, but I just couldn't
    01-20-09 04:58 PM
    I'm a newbie, only had my Curve for three weeks and I ain't never goin' back. I'm trying to spread the word to my peeps that are still using "regular" phones, how sad for them!
    01-20-09 05:06 PM
    If my wifes samsung rings and she a4ks me to get it I will but I feel so dirty inside afterwards.

lmao, that was hysterical!

When I got my Storm (my first BB) I passed my LG Dare down to my daughter.
    I picked it up the other day...and I thought to myself...How the **** did I ever use this toy?
    I could never go back. Never.
    01-20-09 05:09 PM
    From Friday till today I had to use tiny piece of crap pantech phone when I broke my curve... I didn't wanna use it ever.. I sent maybe 2 text messages instead of tons that I normally do.. I only brought it around so I could speak to my boss but it was a horrible horrible weekend without my baby..
    I haven't even set up my new/used curve yet but I'm oh so happy with it in my hands...
    01-20-09 05:23 PM
    I don't think I could ever have a non BB phone from now on; they're just too awesome. Even if I could the phone would have to have a qwerty keyboard; I've only had full keyboard phones and I couldn't text without one.

winmo is just a tad too expensive icw data andpush mail package here so that's why i took the storm instead of the touch hd, but since it is a windows device, aren't there even more cool apps and developpers for that platform?
    01-20-09 05:28 PM
    Before my BB Curve I had a Samsung cheapo phone....no way can I go back to that.

I got a free MotoZine about a month ago, I tried it for about an hour until I tried to send a text message, yuck.

BB 4 Life
    01-20-09 06:27 PM
    onexus - I just got my BB Curve (verizon) I had every new phone when they hit, I can say now I WILL NEVER TURN BACK...MY FELLOW CRACKBERRIANS! THAT IS MY DECREE! BB FOR LIFE!
    01-20-09 06:56 PM
    yes, I need to make a video call to my wife cellphone just to see my son... dohh
    01-20-09 09:02 PM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD