I have seen these phones everywhere on commercials and from advertisements on the web too. I just haven't seen one up close and played with one. Are they good phones or just standard windows phones?
    06-10-09 04:30 PM
    i had the htc touch for a while
    i really liked it but the windows mobile os is not very touch friendly so it was hard to use
    i obviously wont go back but i liked the size of the phone it was the perfect size...the one thing i miss is the applications and themes for the phone there where tons
    06-10-09 04:33 PM
    i had the htc touch for a while
    i really liked it but the windows mobile os is not very touch friendly so it was hard to use
    I, too, had the HTC Touch for a while (actually the Verizon VX6900, which is a re-branded Touch.) I, too, agree that WM is not very touch friendly which made the device hard to use.

It was great if you stayed on the home screen, where HTC's "touch extensions" were prevalent. Once you got past that, though, and into the actual OS and applications, out came the stylus.

I also found that WM was a bit buggy... hours would go by where I wouldn't receive messages. I'd restart the phone, and all of a sudden I was flooded with them. And trying to deal with memory management on the WM platform was a major PITA.

Bottom line? The *device* itself was a quality device. The OS running it made the experience problematic. I'm anxious to see one of HTC's Android-powered devices.
    06-10-09 04:50 PM
    i messed with one that my friend has
    its slow with the touch, you need to flash it and stuff to make it faster
    email was bad, my friend would take a while to get an email
    06-10-09 04:57 PM
    I, too, had the HTC Touch for a while (actually the Verizon VX6900, which is a re-branded Touch.) I, too, agree that WM is not very touch friendly which made the device hard to use.

It was great if you stayed on the home screen, where HTC's "touch extensions" were prevalent. Once you got past that, though, and into the actual OS and applications, out came the stylus.

I also found that WM was a bit buggy... hours would go by where I wouldn't receive messages. I'd restart the phone, and all of a sudden I was flooded with them. And trying to deal with memory management on the WM platform was a major PITA.

Bottom line? The *device* itself was a quality device. The OS running it made the experience problematic. I'm anxious to see one of HTC's Android-powered devices.
    I also have a touch , i didn't use it even 6 months to be honest , i hated typing and texting . I think the only liked was the touch flow i think it was called where you swipe up to reveal the htc menu's .

I still have it , my back up in my laptop bag in case the bold lets me down
    06-10-09 05:13 PM
    I had the shadow and the dash, and both were nice phones but you have to get past Windows Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 05:17 PM
    I used to have a t mobile wing, it was a nice phone but it had a lot of issues like memory leak, random shut offs, no os upgrades from t mobile

06-10-09 05:18 PM
    i had the diamond and the touch pro.

like everybody said they are buggy devices mainly because of winmo.

winmo is also not touch friendly so i ended up getting spb mobile shell and that helped ALOT

i just got tired of bad battery life and having to pull the battery all the time because the phone would freeze up
    06-10-09 05:28 PM
    Some of my friends hav HTCs and I've had numerous chances to use them....they're just not working for me...I am not @ all impressed with the OS and the touch response was too slow for me

06-10-09 05:39 PM
    I had the touch pro, hated it battery life was terrible. I thought that coming from windows pc that would make the phone easier as I was coming from a baby phone that just made and answered calls. wrong could not get all my emails, or messages. ending up cutting off almost everyone that I talked to. ended up with the 8330 blackberry and I like it still catch myself trying to touch the screen to answer calls. but at least I have a phone that I can work and the battery will last at least 2 days.
    06-10-09 06:19 PM
    I had a HTC Hermes with ATT..I liked the phone for awhile before I got my first Blackberry....they freeze to much for me I had to get 2 replacement phones. The first one after 6 months just stop getting mms and my second one would just hang up on people and have no service and battery life was...lol...horrible.

06-10-09 07:43 PM
    My friend had the pro. Really disliked it lol

06-12-09 06:31 PM
    I have a friend that went through 3 6800s and then finally got a Touch Pro. The hardware seems ok, the software, aka, Windows Mobile, sucks. Period....
    06-12-09 07:45 PM
    I dont like Windows Mobile; I used the HTC Touch for awhile...don't mind it, cant say I love it either
    06-12-09 08:45 PM
    I had two HTC Touch(es). My original Touch was a great little machine but it had a penchant for freezing up when I opened my email, or it would close down the email right after I had opened it. After resets and tech troubleshooting, my provider agreed to send me another Touch. The second one worked fine until an annoying square started appearing in the upper left corner. It was grey in portrait mode and white in landscape mode. Again, resets and troubleshooting, my provider offered to send me another. This time I told them I wanted something different. I've my Pearl going on 30 days this Friday. I'm not looking back.
    06-15-09 10:40 AM
    I went away from my Nextel BB and got the HTC Mogul and then to the Touch. I now have a Storm because I realized how good the BB really was. I will not be going back to WinMo ever.
    06-15-09 10:47 AM
    Had the original HTC Touch. Fell in love with it when I got it last February. The size of it, (coming from the nokia n95) made up for all of its little annoyances. But that's where it just started to get annoying. Sending emails and texts were horrible, I would be writing a long email or text and just as i'm about to finish up, it reboots. It did this on a daily basis, no chance to save as a draft or anything. It really annoyed the cr*p out of me ... also, with a 200mhz processor, what can you expect. Video playback was hilariously terrible, and using it as a music player was just offensive to me lol. To skip to the next song takes longer then the song itself! All in all, the camera is awesome, battery life was okay, and the plethora of free themes and applications kept me with it. Until september when i decided to go back to my powerhouse n95. Unfortunately though the n95 broke and i got my lovely 8900 in april. I will never look back, i love my 'berry
    06-15-09 10:50 AM
    The general consensus here is that HTC phones are great, but the OS sucks. I'm going to agree. A friend had the Diamond or whatever. I tried it out, but I reeeeeally didn't like it. I'm spoiled when it comes to fast processing and "need-it-right-effin-now" movement - the one he had was awfully slow.
    Maybe HTC will get with the program and not use WM next run.
    06-15-09 11:07 AM
    I had a touch pro with sprint. It was aweful! Apparently the tp2 and diamond 2 will be much better. I am going to try the tp2 when it comes to vzw.

06-15-09 11:59 AM
    Had and still have an HTC Touch(Sprint). Not good for all the stated reasons. I was not aware of how bad it was until I received my BB 8330. Night and day difference. Touch dialing was the pits along with all the other problems on the Touch. The BB is smooth running, ease of use in comparison is amazing and the biggest drawback to the Touch, IMO, was seeing the screen when outside. Really terrible. The BB is easily twice to three times more visible in sunlight. I am now a huge BB fan, mostly due to having a Touch previously.

Anyone want to buy an HTC Touch? Great condition!

Mike
    06-15-09 12:18 PM
    well i have used both and im still don't know wich one im going to keep i have used the touch pro (sprint) and yea its cool and all but battery life it very bad and right out of box it sucks. Once you unlock it and get some sweet software on there its ok but you can mod the **** out of a win mobile phone
    06-15-09 12:22 PM
    I did have an HTC 1st gen Shadow. It was a decent phone, not a top of the line HTC phone. One thing that I have noticed with HTC's is that the cameras on them suck.
    06-15-09 04:50 PM
    I did have an HTC 1st gen Shadow. It was a decent phone, not a top of the line HTC phone. One thing that I have noticed with HTC's is that the cameras on them suck.
    Really? I found the camera with the original Touch to be not too bad ... but it definately can't beat the 8900's camera!
    06-15-09 04:52 PM
    Really? I found the camera with the original Touch to be not too bad ... but it definately can't beat the 8900's camera!
    I agree that the camera on the 8900 is awesome. I've played with the G1, Tilt, Fuze, 8525, 8125, Shadow and that is one of the things that I've noticed with those phone.

06-15-09 11:33 PM
    Ive used the HTC touch, I liked it at first but to be honest, in my opinion.. I find that windows phones aren't as simple as blackberries! I didn't enjoy using the stylus either =(
    06-16-09 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD