After the last two years especially, has there ever been this type of level of pure hatred for a company that's made mistakes but certainly not committed the type of genocide the American media is spinning!!!

Yes I said American, someone made the analogy of sports teams... it makes sense that they would support the 3 home teams! But the personal knife twisting added to every story has only added to this bloody mess. The surprising thing from that thought is how the rest of the global media has reacted and reported any BlackBerry Story in the same manner, especially in Canada!

Listen I'm not saying BlackBerry hasn't made mistakes, delayed, hurt themselves etc...but the question/point I ask is there another company that's been in this type of position??? Under unrealistic Mount Everest scrutiny??? Realistically the media has to take some sort of credit/blame for the mess BlackBerry is in??? Again BB for sure has not been perfect, but they launched an incredible OS/Devices in less than 2 years???

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-12-13 10:33 AM
    Hatred for BlackBerry? Not really seeing it. Criticism? You betcha, a lot of it. But to be fair, the criticism has been well earned.

Just because you don't like seeing what's being reported doesn't make it hatred.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    bekkay, mikeo007, h20work and 33 others like this.
    08-12-13 10:39 AM
    Not really. It's pretty sad actually. But as much as everyone loves a good underdog story, people nowadays love a "trainwreck" story and Blackberry, through some of it's own misteps, has been only too unwittingly generous to feed the bad news. The hate peddlers merely "filled in the gaps" in the public mindspace so now Blackberry is either regarded with indifference if not disapproval for being "too late". Yes there's the faithful, but those numbers are dwindling with each round of failed launches and negative media rumors.
    08-12-13 10:40 AM
    Americans don't hate BlackBerry. Most just think that BlackBerry is behind the times. Most had a work-issued BlackBerry that they were happy to give up for something more modern. BlackBerry has not made the case that it is now the more modern thing that people should be buying.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 10:46 AM
    Hatred for BlackBerry? Not really seeing it. Criticism? You betcha, a lot of it. But to be fair, the criticism has been well earned.

Just because you don't like seeing what's being reported doesn't make it hatred.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    Wow I'm not sure where you get your news, heck maybe you never look at Twitter, but reaction to anything that BlackBerry does good or bad is met with hatred. Criticism at be it constructive has long such passed. Everything gets spun in some condescending hatred!

For sure I don't like seeing it, but not because I don't respect criticism!

Swiped On My Zed10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    08-12-13 10:48 AM
    ...BlackBerry has not made the case that it is now the more modern thing that people should be buying.

Posted via CB10
    This is fair, again that part is on BlackBerry! Marketing is a whole mess of it's own!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-12-13 10:51 AM
    Do you have an example? I see negative spin occasionally but not "hatred".

After the last two years especially, has there ever been this type of level of pure hatred for a company that's made mistakes but certainly not committed the type of genocide the American media is spinning!!!

Yes I said American, someone made the analogy of sports teams... it makes sense that they would support the 3 home teams! But the personal knife twisting added to every story has only added to this bloody mess. The surprising thing from that thought is how the rest of the global media has reacted and reported any BlackBerry Story in the same manner, especially in Canada!

Listen I'm not saying BlackBerry hasn't made mistakes, delayed, hurt themselves etc...but the question/point I ask is there another company that's been in this type of position??? Under unrealistic Mount Everest scrutiny??? Realistically the media has to take some sort of credit/blame for the mess BlackBerry is in??? Again BB for sure has not been perfect, but they launched an incredible OS/Devices in less than 2 years???

Swiped On My Zed10
    litig8or98 likes this.
    08-12-13 11:03 AM
    You see that with any company. Go on Facebook and look up Apple or Mcdonalds and you will see the negative comments and backlashing going on. Its not new.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    08-12-13 11:08 AM
    Much of that hate comes from once supporters who have been trampled on by Blackberry through its poor releases and broken promises. My last BB was my Torch 9800 I owned it 2 months when they announced OS7 and the 9810 and told me my phone wouldn't run it, total life cycle of the torch was less then a year. Ask the Playbook owners how they feel, paid to be beta testers for QNX then abandoned, not the way to generate goodwill. Problems are routinely denied, fixes take longer then they should and promises are broken routinely.
    08-12-13 11:14 AM
    Wow I'm not sure where you get your news, heck maybe you never look at Twitter, but reaction to anything that BlackBerry does good or bad is met with hatred. Criticism at be it constructive has long such passed. Everything gets spun in some condescending hatred!

Swiped On My Zed10
    News? From Twitter? Lol
    08-12-13 11:15 AM
    Samsung phones are the crappiest on the market.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:16 AM
    we are a dying breed
    08-12-13 11:16 AM
    Do you have an example? I see negative spin occasionally but not "hatred".
    Here are some examples of level headed journalism! No bias whatsoever, no name calling or opinion at all in these pieces /sarcasm

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/08/...est=latestnews

http://www.independent.ie/business/a...-29447165.html

Maybe I'm too sensitive right! Maybe that's just the extreme geek in me! I don't understand fair current journalistic integrity in these heavily opinion influenced pieces!

Swiped On My Zed10
    black hole likes this.
    08-12-13 11:23 AM
    News? From Twitter? Lol
    How do you get news?

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-12-13 11:24 AM
    Has anyone noticed how many threads blaming a country for bbry's problems there are?

Side note, when did so many Canadians become so ignorant and small minded?
    08-12-13 11:29 AM
    People n general are very narrow minded, band wagon riders. And convinced that they are the smartest consumers. Most will buy a device, like it, swear by it, and consider everything else pure garbage. Part of it is bc they don't want to feel like they have an inferior device. But most of it is simply bc of the bandwagon. Like someone before me said, everyone loves a good train wreck. BlackBerry is an easy target.

But I see what you're saying about the news. Most of the articles I read about BlackBerry conveniently find a way to say something negative abt the phone or company. Its annoying to me since I support all companies and love good competition.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:32 AM

Swiped On My Zed10
    You were speaking of the media. If you're going to use Twitter as an example, that's not media (it's a social network). There's a huge difference between the media, and those readers who comment on the articles. Comments on Twitter are just that... They're just comments and in no way represent the media.

Now had your original post referred to the general user population, well that would be an entirely different issue.

But hey, I'm just a biased American, what would I know?

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    h20work, shaleem, mikeo007 and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 11:33 AM
    Read the first article. I don't see hatred or bias. Bbry made a big announcement today. We will see more stories today. US sales have been horrible and there is no buzz or brand recognition here. I don't see bb10 devices and the average consumer has no idea that bb10 is different than bbos.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    08-12-13 11:34 AM
    Here are some examples of level headed journalism! No bias whatsoever, no name calling or opinion at all in these pieces /sarcasm

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/08/...est=latestnews

http://www.independent.ie/business/a...-29447165.html

Maybe I'm too sensitive right! Maybe that's just the extreme geek in me! I don't understand fair current journalistic integrity in these heavily opinion influenced pieces!

Swiped On My Zed10
    I just perused through those two articles. Exactly what content in those articles do you perceive as hatred? Is there criticism in there? Sure. Please kindly point out the hatred.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    08-12-13 11:38 AM
    we are a dying breed
    I am listening to that song RIGHT NOW and I saw your comment.
    08-12-13 11:40 AM
    Has anyone noticed how many threads blaming a country for bbry's problems there are?

Side note, when did so many Canadians become so ignorant and small minded?
    I've noticed that many Canadian do not support BlackBerry... so many people I know would be happy if they die off.
    h20work likes this.
    08-12-13 11:41 AM
    Read the first article. I don't see hatred or bias. Bbry made a big announcement today. We will see more stories today. US sales have been horrible and there is no buzz or brand recognition here. I don't see bb10 devices and the average consumer has no idea that bb10 is different than bbos.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure how you define hatred, but it goes something like this for me!

Has anyone ever seen the level of hate that BlackBerry gets daily?-image001.png-01ce9746.png

Enmity might be an even better word!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-12-13 11:42 AM
    I'm not sure how you define hatred, but it goes something like this for me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.png@01CE9746.png 
Views:	1108 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	191899

Enmity might be an even better word!

Swiped On My Zed10
    Maybe you should blame England since they gave us the English language, which most of those "articles" and "tweets" use
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    08-12-13 11:44 AM
    Don't agree with this.
    What do you consider the tweets that @Blackberry put out.
    If we count the positive response ( tweets) back to @Blackberry we must count the endless negative ones.
    Do we consider the info that @Blackberry puts out news? Or because it's being put out on twitter not quality it as news.
    Yes a certain amount are of people piling on and trying to make the best quip.
    But even those neg' responses stickswith people, and what happens? Those very people repeat/ spread and start to belive what they read.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:46 AM

Swiped On My Zed10
    Show me somehow on Twitter that isn't met with hatred!
    I've worked out you can't gauge products on social media as they are by nature, disruptive

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:47 AM
221 123 ...