I am in the middle of moving and I got tired of my phone unlocking in my pocket so I laid it on the side of the bed of our truck. Well I forgot about it for a while but then later we decide to go pick up some groceries and then go eat. We go about 1.2 miles down the road after hitting a few small bumps and going down a hill. When I get out at the store, it is then that I notice my phone sitting there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-31-12 12:19 PM
    Slightly similar. Once leaving the house to go to work I put my phone (Nokia E72) on the roof of my car and forgot it was there. Drove all the way to my office 26 miles away. When I got out I discovered my phone lodged under the vent shade for my sunroof.

Needles to say my commute was on one of the less screwed up stretches of I-91 South
    08-31-12 12:27 PM
    I always keep mine in it's holster. One day I pulled it out before I left my parking lot to do something on it (can't remember what it was now), and sat it between my legs instead of popping it back in the holster. Got out when I got to the store and it hit the ground and damaged my display with a few big black splotches. Ironically, they slowly "healed" themselves and a few weeks later, it was a-ok again. Fortunate our BlackBerry's are aware of the human error element and try to stick with us anyway
    08-31-12 03:02 PM
    haha I did the same thing last week! except it was on the roof. I put both my wallet and phone on the roof to take my jacket off. At a red light I was thinking about calling someone and realized I didn't have it, jumped out and it was still on the roof after 2KM. Really lucky! Glad you didn't lose yours I lost one a few years ago but that was a Samsung. I need more arms or at least better short term memory lol
    08-31-12 03:22 PM
    lol yeah they seem to do pretty good at surviving our many mistakes.

08-31-12 03:22 PM
    I am in the middle of moving and I got tired of my phone unlocking in my pocket so I laid it on the side of the bed of our truck. Well I forgot about it for a while but then later we decide to go pick up some groceries and then go eat. We go about 1.2 miles down the road after hitting a few small bumps and going down a hill. When I get out at the store, it is then that I notice my phone sitting there.

Saved by the Magnet

BB's have a magnet in them that works with the holsters for putting them into standby. I didnt think it would be powerful enough to hold onto your truck whilst driving, but apparently i'm mistaken!

want to test out the magnet? put your phone on top of the playbook and watch it magically operate!
    08-31-12 03:28 PM
    I bought a Samsung solar crest phone (the feature phone with the solar panel on the back) a while back to try out the solar panel. I was just warming up the car, and having a smoke, so i left it at a gap underneath the wipers (between the hood and windscreen) to try whether the solar panel did work.

Needless to say, i forgot all about it. After around 10-15km later, when I arrived back home and wanted to call someone, i realised i had left it out there. I was pleasantly surprised find it still at the same location. hahahaha.
    08-31-12 04:00 PM
    I had a user that left her 8330 on top of her car. She told me she heard it slide off, looked back to see it bounce in the road and get hit by the car behind her. The case was mangled and the innards were popping out when she sent me the remains. I put the battery back in and saw it was getting messages. I just stripped it down, put it in a new case and sent it back to her.

I've got a iPhone 4 on my desk that was shattered when a baby bottle hit it from a foot high drop...
    08-31-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD