I was wondering if anyone has a company that wanted them to use their personal berry instead of buy them a new one for work reasons and did you tell them no out of privacy reasons?

I hope this never happens to me. I would never let anyone turn my personal berry into a work one because nothing is private on there!! I can imagine that a company might get mad if they have to purchase a new one for you but I don't think I'd care!
    10-10-08 06:31 PM
    I use my personal BB on my company BES because I choose to. They never asked us to buts its optional. With about 5000 BB's company/nationwide on the BES, my IT people admit that they do not monitor because its too many to and it our choice to connect. If they were to tick us off, nobody would connect theirs. There are almost no restrictions on them blocking us on anything.
    10-10-08 06:36 PM
    I may look funny wearing two bbs but, business is business and my personal life is personal.
    10-10-08 07:47 PM
    I may look funny wearing two bbs but, business is business and my personal life is personal.
    That's how I roll lol...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 08:41 PM
    I wouldd never connect my personal line through work. In fact I would use my work BB much less if we implemented a bes. Just use me other phone and have no reason to carry this one after hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:36 PM
    there is no way. Thats like an employer telling you "bring your own computer" in order to work there. A BB is like any other piece of hardware, if they want their employees to have it, they need to pay for it. They certainly don't have a right to get mad at you for it.
    10-10-08 09:59 PM
    Well I am using my personal line now as my business line but was never asked to. I put on bb on the eneterprise server and during my lunch break the other day I was trying to go to myspace from the browser only to find that it had been blocked from my company! Oh man I was a little peeved at first because I AM paying for my OWN bill so, but I downloaded Opera and can use it as a work around so nothing to really have a cow about! And I really wouldn't to carry around with two blackberry's. My girlfriend and I both work for radioshack. I am currently an "acting DM" and she is an official DM. She got her BB for free and whenever it kinks out she calls her rep and he brings her a new one the next day. So thats pretty cool. But because i'm "acting" I don't get those privelages just yet. Oh well. Soon I hope. She did try using her BB for work and then another phone for her personal line. It didn't last long. She hated carrying around two phones so now she just uses the BB.
    10-10-08 10:08 PM
    i would say no are you serious?
    10-11-08 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD