Some people have been saying that the new BB slider will be a flop because of the keyboard extending out too far. They say that it will be too awkward, top heavy and unwieldy to use. So i was wondering has anyone been able to estimate how long or how far the keyboard will be. Overall how tall will this device be. We have seen some pictures of the new slider, so i think someone should be able to do a guesstimate.
    09-13-15 06:50 PM
    Some people have been saying that the new BB slider will be a flop because of the keyboard extending out too far. They say that it will be too awkward, top heavy and unwieldy to use. So i was wondering has anyone been able to estimate how long or how far the keyboard will be. Overall how tall will this device be. We have seen some pictures of the new slider, so i think someone should be able to do a guesstimate.
    I don't have measurements, but it will definitely be one of the longest devices in the market with the keyboard extended. However, I am sure that it won't be cumbersome or top heavy since the keyboard isn't the part that slides down. It's a misconception of how the mechanics actually work. The meat of the phone stays in the exact same place in your hands and you slide the screen up. The screen will weigh far far less than the rest of the device and the balance will not be affected.

I don't know why this is a concern for anyone. They had it right with the old Torch and there is no reason why they wouldn't have thought the same things through on the new Slider.
    09-13-15 06:54 PM
    Such a silly concern. The screen part is going to be the light part. EVERYTHING is in the 'keyboard' portion.
    09-13-15 10:01 PM
    How will anyone here even have that kind information? Anyone's guess is as good as yours. We have all seen the same pictures.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:34 PM
    8 inches

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-13-15 11:11 PM
    8 inches

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Definitely above average...
    09-13-15 11:32 PM
    Definitely above average...
    TWSS!!
    09-13-15 11:34 PM