Its Christmas Eve. I'm in a weird mood. So while reinstalling my Blackberry Desktop Software, something came over me to actually read the agreement.

Check out this one section:

e. You and Your Authorised Users do not use Your BlackBerry Solution or any part thereof to transmit, publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, harassing, abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, illegal or deceptive Content.

So by definition, something is profane if it is "not respectful of orthodox religious practice". And Orthodox is "conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true; established and approved". So if I were to do something such as debate theology - that would be profane - and if I used BlackBerry's software to do it -I would be in violation of their End User License agreement.

Its amusing how stupid our world has gotten. Clearly its all the lawyers.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-24-16 12:26 PM
    When I unboxed my Priv, I noticed that all the text on the packaging was in 4 languages - English, French, German and Arabic. And in most countries where Arabic is spoken, disparaging comments about Islam are a criminal offence, punishable by at least flogging, and often death.

This seems to be yet another step by BlackBerry to appease totalitarian governments in exchange for access to their countries' markets. Shameful.
    12-24-16 12:52 PM
    A lawyer friend of mine told me that none of it can be in forced in a law of court. Simply because that average person on the street, would not have the legal understanding of what was trying to be said. Sorry he explained it much better than I have,

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 06:14 PM
    You were in a weird mood...
    12-25-16 05:28 AM
    You were in a weird mood...
    Clearly the OP is a sadomasochist. I would not accept any invitations to "let me show you what I am working on in the basement."
    12-26-16 02:37 PM
    Profane (lat. profanus) is also unenlightened, uneducated. Don't submit anything if you are lamer in this sphere. Therefore make smart posts only to increase BB brand loyalty as its end user )
    12-29-16 09:56 AM
    It's also a CYA by and for BlackBerry.

You practically can't use any tech product(s) anymore without in some form agreeing to a similar statement or TOS / T&C...

The optimistic days of the internet (we were looking forward to in the early nineties), dreaming of mass enlightenment, liberation, freedom of speech and global cooperation are over, ... dead and buried... :-(

It's all regulated, tracked, spied on, commercialized, net neutralized, you name it. I hope my fellow internet protagonists can help create a better internet again. Live and let live... say and let say!

:-D

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •
    LuckyMies likes this.
    12-29-16 09:46 PM
    It's also a CYA by and for BlackBerry.

You practically can't use any tech product(s) anymore without in some form agreeing to a similar statement or TOS / T&C...

The optimistic days of the internet (we were looking forward to in the early nineties), dreaming of mass enlightenment, liberation, freedom of speech and global cooperation are over, ... dead and buried... :-(

It's all regulated, tracked, spied on, commercialized, net neutralized, you name it. I hope my fellow internet protagonists can help create a better internet again. Live and let live... say and let say!

:-D

Wanna avoid this? Stay off the grid. Maybe live within an Amish community.
    12-29-16 10:18 PM
    Wanna avoid this? Stay off the grid. Maybe live within an Amish community.
    I guess you weren't there back then and tasted what it could have been... :-D

That's cool.

12-30-16 12:11 AM
    This is typical lawyer speak to absolve themselves of everything the user chooses to do on his/her phone. Nothing to see here.
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-30-16 12:23 AM
    I guess you weren't there back then and tasted what it could have been... :-D

That's cool.

You mean the era of newspapers, Morse code, rotary phones, pagers, incandescent bulbs, typewriters, Viewmasters, vinyl, cassette tapes, Betamax, the Slinky, and Ataris?
    Been there and it's nice to reminisce once in a while.
    But...
    Evolve or die.
    12-30-16 12:37 AM
    When I unboxed my Priv, I noticed that all the text on the packaging was in 4 languages - English, French, German and Arabic. And in most countries where Arabic is spoken, disparaging comments about Islam are a criminal offence, punishable by at least flogging, and often death.

This seems to be yet another step by BlackBerry to appease totalitarian governments in exchange for access to their countries' markets. Shameful.
    Such an ignorant comment.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 12:42 AM
    You mean the era of newspapers, Morse code, rotary phones, pagers, incandescent bulbs, typewriters, Viewmasters, vinyl, cassette tapes, Betamax, the Slinky, and Ataris?
    Been there and it's nice to reminisce once in a while.
    But...
    Evolve or die.
    Nope. The era of the nascent internet that was full of promise... :-D

12-30-16 12:54 AM
    Nope. The era of the nascent internet that was full of promise... :-D

Hmmm... Lemme see if my 56k modem still works.
    Dial-up rules!
    12-30-16 01:05 AM
    Hmmm... Lemme see if my 56k modem still works.
    Dial-up rules!
    You don't seem to get it. No problem.
    If you vote for geek fascism, it's your thing. I won't... :-)

12-30-16 04:16 AM