I really need help with this problem, I have checked online but haven't found any solution yet....if you have any tips for me pls feel free to share thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:29 PM
    Has anybody found solution for clearing other data-img_00000761.png

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:33 PM
    Other data consists of your apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:28 PM
    What he said ^
    Delete apps, that's your solution.
    05-18-13 01:32 PM
    Ok thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:34 AM
    It's not a full solution. You will still be encountering the same issue even after deleting some apps. One thing I figured out going forward is if you have an app that uses a lot of space and there is an update for that app, delete it before installing the update. Caveat - you will most likely lose your progress (if it's a game).
    05-27-13 05:44 PM
    My other data is mainly a problem on my sd card. When you delete a movie or tv episode downloaded from BB world. It says it is deleted and is no longer viewable. But no data is recovered by deleting it. Its clearly a glitch so every now and the I have to reformat my sd card.
    05-27-13 05:48 PM
    It's not a full solution. You will still be encountering the same issue even after deleting some apps. One thing I figured out going forward is if you have an app that uses a lot of space and there is an update for that app, delete it before installing the update. Caveat - you will most likely lose your progress (if it's a game).
    Why is that?

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    05-27-13 07:32 PM
    I did an erase and reformat of my media card and recovered a lot of it. Backed up files first of course and then put them back.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-27-13 07:55 PM
    Get an Sd card for your media

Craig Ashcroft, BlackBerry Elites UK, Z10
    05-28-13 04:07 AM
    This is a serious issue with BlackBerry, it's not the media but the apps which use a lot of memory and we can't even figure out which app is using the most memory, neither on link,which was possible before in a BlackBerry, so card can only store media and pictures not apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:23 AM
    Other data has NOTHING To do with your sd cards.
    It is internal memory.
    05-28-13 08:23 AM
    Other data has NOTHING To do with your sd cards.
    It is internal memory.
    Could be either. Both the device memory and the media card have "Other Data".

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-31-13 12:46 AM
    Media card. But yes I see now the op is talking about device memory.
    Has anybody found solution for clearing other data-img_00000782.png

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-31-13 12:48 AM
    Has anyone verified the space is not available for use later? I work with some expensive storage systems that work like that. Once space is taken the available space count goes down. If the data occupying some of that space is later removed, the total available count doesn't change but new data will occupy that freed space.

Some of those systems have a low priority free space harvester but they are kept too busy for it to do much. The space is efficiently used but the counter is pretty much always showing the lowest free space it had ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:45 AM
    Has anyone verified the space is not available for use later? I work with some expensive storage systems that work like that. Once space is taken the available space count goes down. If the data occupying some of that space is later removed, the total available count doesn't change but new data will occupy that freed space.

Some of those systems have a low priority free space harvester but they are kept too busy for it to do much. The space is efficiently used but the counter is pretty much always showing the lowest free space it had ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, when mine filled I could not install spiderman
    05-31-13 06:38 AM
    Delete apps, that's your solution.
    05-31-13 10:27 PM
    I'm not sure, I haven't encountered this problem (yet) but if the other data's caused by apps, will this work?

http://crackberry.com/deleted-apps-h...-easy-solution

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:31 PM
    I'm inclined to agree that Other Data is related to app installation. I posted something in a similar thread I started and the short of it is that some files listed in BlackBerry World are listed as a certain size ; however after installation the size generally ballooned. For example:

File Name - BlackBerry World File Size - Installed Size
    Modern Combat: 1.1Gb vs 1.8Gb
    Six Guns: 426Mb vs 1Gb
    The Dark Knight Rises: 911Mb vs 1.9Gb
    The Amazing Spider Man: 602Mb vs 1.46Gb

It's as if the BlackBerry World sizes are compressed. They should show the installed sizes. Either way it's misleading.
    06-16-13 10:19 AM