I am curious if anyone has ever bought a phone with a new contract and discount, then within a month or so bought a new phone they liked better and sold the old phone on Ebay to help with the full retail cost of the new phone.

I want a curve, but I don't know when Sprint will have it, so I was thinking of just getting the 8830 and when the curve comes out sell it and bet the curve. The reason about not waiting is because of various deals out there that end and the end of the month.

Just like to know how successful you can be selling a used Blackberry on Ebay.
    12-07-07 02:54 PM
    I was thinking of the same thing regarding verizon and the 8830. I want the curve, my 8703e is slower with the new OS upgrade and I was thinking of getting the 8830 and then ebay'ing it to recoup some cost when i have to pay full retail for the curve (assuming they ever get it)
    12-07-07 03:23 PM
    I am very guilty of that. I always like "the new." I sold my phone on Craigslist b/c it was easier and faster, and I didn't have to bother with shipping. You are not alone.
    12-07-07 03:23 PM
    Wow I never thought there was a market for buying used BB's. I get a new phone every six months and have a drawer full of old phones. Maybe I should try doing that. thanks.
    12-07-07 07:53 PM
    I'm guilty too, all though I did not sell my old phone. I keep it as a backup.
    12-07-07 08:00 PM
    same here. well not so fast..i sold my sk III after 6 months i had it on ebay. i put a 150 dollar price tag on it and sold it in seconds. It helped me pay for the curve.Smartest cell phone route i ever took.
    12-08-07 03:33 AM
    There is always the Blackberrytrades-up.com website to check out as well if you have an old BB, cell phone, etc. . The site will give you a quote based on your current device as a trade in towards the purchase of a new blackberry. Simply purchase the BB of your choice and then submit the receipt. You mail in your old device and they will send you a check for the quoted amount. I have been turning on more and more people to this site. I've seen them quote up to a $150.00 for some devices. The only stipulation is that you may only trade in one device each BB purchase.
    12-08-07 04:35 AM
    I haven't sold any used phones but I did buy my 8800 used on ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 04:39 AM
    Before I got my BB I used to get athsth new phone every couple of months.
    12-08-07 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD