Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't performing these two the same thing?
    02-23-09 10:29 PM
    I don't think so a batt pull is like a restart on your pc
    02-23-09 10:30 PM
    I find that a reset never fixes anything for me, I always have to do a bettery pull
    02-23-09 10:33 PM
    Amy, that's because you aren't doing the soft reset properly. You must press alt, shift, del twice. After the screen goes black the first reset, wait until the scrEen turns white then reset it again. This will give you the same result as pulling out the battery. Trust me. This subject is/ has been mentioned quite frequently on here, so search it out for yourself further if you like. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 10:44 PM
    or try this its quick pull but must be done zip file http://bbsoftware.weebly.com/uploads.../quickpull.zip
    Last edited by bx2md; 02-23-09 at 10:47 PM. Reason: zip file
    02-23-09 10:46 PM
    Bx2md the above link is not an ota link. Its a zip file to be used for DM installation.

02-23-09 10:48 PM
    Bx2md the above link is not an ota link. Its a zip file to be used for DM installation.

I know i just edited it
    sorry
    02-23-09 10:50 PM
    I just clicked it again. It hasn't changed. Just letting you know.

02-24-09 05:33 AM
    Doing a battery pull can actually damage your BB's battery after so many pulls! This happened on my Pearls battery. It started peeling off the outer layer that protects the battery. Then I found this site and got SoftReset. What a life saver!!

02-24-09 05:52 AM
    QuickPull is available for free here at the CB Store:QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Here's the official word on various resets:View Document

The double alt + rt shft + del is supposed to be the same as a battery pull and same as a QuickPull, but of course the battery pull actually stops all power to your device.
    02-24-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD