Is there a way to completely trash what is on my phone (OS and all) and completely start from scratch??

Sometimes, mostly with a pc, something weird is going on so trashing the whole system and starting with a fresh OS install is a good thing. I'm thinking that with all the problems I am having with my phone, this might be the best thing to do.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 07:35 AM
    Check out the OS super page. It is stickied (high lighted in yellow) at the top of the forum. It has detailed instructions for wiping and reinstalling the OS on your device.

10-05-09 09:07 AM
    Sorry I should have said the OS discussion forums.

10-05-09 09:08 AM
    Thanks for that. I didn't see that tread when I was posting....probably should try a search next time. I guess when you are frantic that it is not working, ya just go ahead and post right away.

Thanks
    10-05-09 10:17 AM
    The simplest way to accomplish that, Applications Loader's Options ... button on the Final page, when doing an OS build. Choose both Delete applications data and Erase all apps.

You get a fresh, carrier spec'ed build.

If you delete the OS first, it accomplishes the same thing, with additional steps.
    10-05-09 10:39 AM
    Thank you both for the help. With a few different installs, and the custom app loader page, I think I have everything back to normal. I am not restoring to a previous backup and keeping my fingers crossed...
    10-05-09 11:10 AM
    Glad you got it going again. Reed is your guy when you need OS advise.

10-05-09 11:17 AM
    Glad you got it going again. Reed is your guy when you need OS advice.

10-05-09 11:18 AM
    Sorry for the double post mods.

10-05-09 11:19 AM
    I think what the major problem was was the custom app loader dealy. It seemed like my OS was working fine, I just didn't have any of my apps.

The good part about all this is it cleaned up a lot of junk 3rd party apps I thought I would use, but never do. Time to install that handful I use and keep it nice and clean..

Now, if there was a way to fix my broken ear phone jack that I broke during a case change......but that's a whole other story in itself....
    10-05-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD