I'm so upset. I'm at my local pub watching Euro 2012 and listening to the owner and patrons putting down Blackberry and saying how the company's going down. They're all iPhone users of course. As a former iPhone owner myself, I can honestly say that I'm glad I own my Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    sleepngbear and SPNKr like this.
    06-09-12 03:23 PM
    You Go girl. They're all putting down BlackBerry, just like everyone else, because they're scared, thats all. The company is not going down. RIM has invested 100 mil into BB-10, not to mention all the worldwide trade shows they're putting on. Dont sound to me like RIM is going down, they're just reloading.
    06-09-12 03:39 PM
    The pub is renown for drunken dribble. There has probably been several other puzzling topics spoken there since your post OP which only the inebriated can compute.
    dbollman423 and anjali_jain like this.
    06-09-12 04:01 PM
    Its just the new thing to bash anything Blackberry now. Its so annoying when people do that. Especially iPhone users who've never used a Blackberry or had on old OS4/5 one. It makes joining team iPhone even more unappealing.
    06-09-12 04:25 PM
    I still struggle to understand how this stuff warrants yet ANOTHER thread.

Someone put down RIM and the BlackBerry. Won't be the last time....... get over it.
    06-09-12 05:02 PM
    I still struggle to understand how this stuff warrants yet ANOTHER thread....
    Yet you reply to it and send it to the top of the page.
    As long as threads like this get people's attention/replies/page hits, they will continue to thrive. Shouldn't be too hard to understand for a retired mod.
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-09-12 05:30 PM
    I still struggle to understand how this stuff warrants yet ANOTHER thread.

Someone put down RIM and the BlackBerry. Won't be the last time....... get over it.
    Ditto. Sit at a pub, go to the mall, school, work, and people will have converstaions on a number of issues with a wide range of opinions. To let these conversations impact how you feel only hurts you. Let it go.
    06-09-12 05:31 PM
    Won't be the last time you hear bashing about RIM unfortunately.
    Until BB10 is launched it'll continue.
    Heck, even after it'll get bashed; because you'll have those people who say "it looks like its just a mix between iPhone & Android." =/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 05:32 PM
    Let them talk , they are just jealous cause BB10 will crash their mobile platforms

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 05:39 PM
    Getting my blackberry 9930 Monday. Cannot express how excited I am.
    06-09-12 06:09 PM
    ..just think those comments as weird ambient noises. They are the same ppl who bet their money on a soccer team and say that the other team will lose while watching the match.
    06-09-12 06:13 PM
    For goodness sake, they are only smart phones not objects that are life threatening. Just all grow up and enjoy the platform that suits you best. Get a life please.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 06:26 PM
    It doesn't really bother me that people bash RIM. I like it. That's all that matters to me.
    shaleem and tjseaman like this.
    06-10-12 04:12 PM
    It's trendy to bash RIM. Just like its trendy to have an apple computer and to hate nickelback. I think it helps them sleep better thinking their friends like them more because of it.
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 06-11-12 at 10:42 AM.
    06-11-12 12:37 AM
    Who cares if they bash RIM, it will and always be us USERS who benefit from the phones we have. Who cares what others think while you type your 1000th straight sms?
    06-11-12 08:53 AM
    I'm just wondering what will these people will say when RIM pulls off BB10 and return to their former glory.
    06-11-12 09:34 AM
    Its just the new thing to bash anything Blackberry now. Its so annoying when people do that. Especially iPhone users who've never used a Blackberry or had on old OS4/5 one. It makes joining team iPhone even more unappealing.
    It's not new, people have been bashing RIM for a long while. Started as a hip thing to do by iHards and Droid users now it's the de-facto response for everyone if you want to keep "groupthink" cred. Irrational and speaks volumes of the speakers current mindset = ignorant.

Anyways, Kudos to the proud BB owner.
    06-11-12 10:22 AM
    I just got my Bold 9900 and I have never been happier with any device, it rocks. Perhaps RIM made an error in judgement or simply couldn't suppress what everyone already knew was in the works when they bought the whole QNX thing, that BB7 is viewed as sort of like a bridge until BB10.

Its a shame, since the Bold 9900 is such a great device. I jumped in bc it will probably be awhile until I get the BB10 device I want. That is with keyboard and buttons that work right. So for now its the Bold 9900, I have never used a better keyboard and the OS works great.
    06-11-12 06:30 PM
    I am a happy BlackBerry owner too! Can't wait to see the next generation of phones though.
    06-11-12 10:05 PM
    Proud to have a blackberry phone. That's it !!
    06-12-12 12:39 AM
    RIM is not going down, and they will buy the BB10 later and say something else..
    06-12-12 05:21 AM
    recent trip to NY, USA
    i felt as if i was the only BlackBerry user in the two weeks i spent there
    everywhere i looked, was apple / android
    on the subway i pulled out my 9900 and began to use it as my mp3 player..... lots of strange glances came my way

my device does what i want it to do, not what's popular
    06-12-12 07:34 AM
    recent trip to NY, USA
    i felt as if i was the only BlackBerry user in the two weeks i spent there
    everywhere i looked, was apple / android
    on the subway i pulled out my 9900 and began to use it as my mp3 player..... lots of strange glances came my way

my device does what i want it to do, not what's popular

I think that's another reason I'm sticking with blackberry. I like to be different. In a sea of iPhones and black rectangles, I like standing out

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shemaree09; 06-12-12 at 01:34 PM.
    06-12-12 12:44 PM
    I like "different" too. But in my case the 9930 does everything I need and then some, much better than others I've owned or tried out including iphones and droids, and I do enjoy being different as well.
    06-12-12 01:17 PM
    I like "different" too. But in my case the 9930 does everything I need and then some, much better than others I've owned or tried out including iphones and droids, and I do enjoy being different as well.
    Yup, my friends thought I was crazy because I went back to my Blackberry from iPhone.

They just couldn't understand when I said that my Blackberry just works! It does everything I need it to do very well. The iPhone didnt give me that experience.
    shaleem and RJB55 like this.
    06-12-12 01:30 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD