Originally, I was one of the many who were pissed off with the Storm 1. Despite the issues, I fell in love with the Blackberry platform. After quite the back and forth, I changed to the BB Tour. After reading a thread on Crackberry about Tour issues being replaced by Bold 9650, I moved to the Bold!

As a contract drummer who takes lots of photos, maintains a blog and does alot of social networking, I was always feeling a little less then adequate using my BB 9650. I visited Verizon and was talked into a HTC Thunderbolt. Yes the camera was better, yes the applications were more updated and flashy. I was impressed with the dog and pony show. I used the Thunderbolt for several months. I desperately missed the BB keyboard, OS and notifications. Thunderbolt issues lead me to turn my Bold 9650 on...like a choir of angels from heaven I was quickly reminded how much I missed my BB. I found my way back to BB and changed phones to the Bold 9930. I havent looked back.

Now I want a Playbook to pair up to my 9930 and a Thunderbolt Im using as a paper weight.

Oh how I missed BB and the 9930 is exactly what I always needed and wanted.

Love it and so glad to be back!!
    11-02-11 08:25 PM
    Best phone.
    You made a good choice. Hopefully you will love it as much as I do.
    11-02-11 08:42 PM
    Welcome back to the fold!!!

I love BB. I first had a 8330, but it fell into a sump pump hole while plugged. After 2 in the drink, I discovered it. I tried the rice in a ziploc bag trick, all to no avail. So after 2 samsung galaxy s phones, both of which were junk, I came back to BB with a 9300.

Now it is paired with a 32gb Playbook. One work....... awesome!!!
    11-02-11 08:43 PM
    I haven't considered leaving since I got my 9000 a few years ago. I came from a Moto Q9h that was actually a nice piece of hardware but it was crippled like a mofo with that windows garbage. When I got the 9000 and began to realize that "I had a lot more control over the firmware" I was hooked for good. So yeah, I can definitely relate. Being able to set up the phone the way you wanted and having the e-mail pushed and plus the notifications, I can't change back.

The shining stars over at Microsoft didn't take the time to program the firmware so that email accounts through Cox would use the proper outgoing server port so I could receive mail on my main account but I was not able to send/reply using that email account. Cox wouldn't give up the port number because people wanted it for junk mailings so it was fubar'd from day one. I finally got the port number about a year later.

I get the 9000, don't even have to punch in the POP servers and it works in seconds.

Never again Microlimp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 08:45 PM
    No offense to android users, but I will never go that route again. The galaxy s from bell bricked on 2 different phones. I missed BB.

The Playbook is awesome, and is only going to get better.
    11-02-11 08:52 PM
    No offense to android users, but I will never go that route again. The galaxy s from bell bricked on 2 different phones. I missed BB.

The Playbook is awesome, and is only going to get better.

Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed the Thunderbolt for somethings. Though, bottom line, it cant beat a Blackberry!

Im dying for a playbook!! I dont have enough posts to hit up the marketplace on here.

SOOOOON!!! SOOOONNNN!!!
    11-02-11 08:57 PM
    Sell the Thunderbolt on Craigslist or ebay and use the proceeds to get a Playbook!
    11-02-11 08:58 PM
    Best phone.
    You made a good choice. Hopefully you will love it as much as I do.

I read up on it a lot before making the swap. I ignored all the negative threads and took my chances. So far....SO GREAT!
    11-02-11 08:59 PM
    Just make sure you get at least 32gb. The space will fill up quickly!
    11-02-11 08:59 PM
    Sell the Thunderbolt on Craigslist or ebay and use the proceeds to get a Playbook!

Im trying. I put it on Craigslist today.

I saw other ones for really low prices..the sellers were retailers who dont mention that you also need a contract to get that price.

Im keeping my fingers crossed!!
    11-02-11 09:00 PM
    Just make sure you get at least 32gb. The space will fill up quickly!
    Thanks for the tip! I didnt really consider how quickly that would go!
    11-02-11 09:06 PM
    With your phone the bridge should be fast.
    11-02-11 09:13 PM
    With your phone the bridge should be fast.
    The bridge demos I have seen a perfect for what I need! Pairing it with my BB will keep my work and personal emails secure and fast! Plus updates to calender and day to day tasks!

I dont even own one and Im excited about it!
    11-02-11 09:20 PM
    Does the 16 GB Playbook fill up fast because of the OS and Apps using a lot of space?

11-03-11 09:23 AM
    I haven't considered leaving since I got my 9000 a few years ago. I came from a Moto Q9h that was actually a nice piece of hardware but it was crippled like a mofo with that windows garbage. When I got the 9000 and began to realize that "I had a lot more control over the firmware" I was hooked for good. So yeah, I can definitely relate. Being able to set up the phone the way you wanted and having the e-mail pushed and plus the notifications, I can't change back.

The shining stars over at Microsoft didn't take the time to program the firmware so that email accounts through Cox would use the proper outgoing server port so I could receive mail on my main account but I was not able to send/reply using that email account. Cox wouldn't give up the port number because people wanted it for junk mailings so it was fubar'd from day one. I finally got the port number about a year later.

I get the 9000, don't even have to punch in the POP servers and it works in seconds.

Never again Microlimp.

I love how you've never actually mentioned ever upgrading from your 9000. I understand the mentality fully. The 9000 was the best device I ever had, and just last week I put it to rest and got my 9810. Loving the device, but I do miss my 9000 sometimes. Was running the JSL latest hybrid and it was running soooo good. I just got frustrated with the lack of memory for my applications.
    11-03-11 09:49 AM
    I love how you've never actually mentioned ever upgrading from your 9000. I understand the mentality fully. The 9000 was the best device I ever had, and just last week I put it to rest and got my 9810. Loving the device, but I do miss my 9000 sometimes. Was running the JSL latest hybrid and it was running soooo good. I just got frustrated with the lack of memory for my applications.
    Its funny you mention not upgrading from my 9000 yet because I will be at AT&T tomorrow to grab a 9900. Yeah, my 9000 runs fantastic too, I guess that's why I was patient enough to wait for another Blackberry that I wanted. I always knew if I buckled and got an Android or Apple I would have regretted that decision.

I know a lot of people don't want to be interested in how their phone works and don't want to be presented with a lot of options for setting it up and I do admit Apple has provided that in spades. I get the feeling Android has some limitations not unlike the limitations I had with the windows phone, not being able to set everything up the way I want and use it the way I want. I also want a keypad, I have had ADHD all my life and it has eroded my ability to concentrate and keep a level temper. An all touch screen device would just have me setting it under the wheels of my car and driving over it 8 or 10 times and then mailing it to Samsung or HTC and telling them to ram it up their,,...

11-05-11 12:40 PM
    Good to have u back.
    11-05-11 02:19 PM
    I love the messaging power of my 9900... Because of this, I'll always have a complimentary device for "the other goodies". For now it's the Dell Streak but soon it will be the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Despite all the doom and gloom, I just love this keyboard.
    11-05-11 05:41 PM
    Glad you're back. Did you know we have a dedicated thread for this topic?

Check it out here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-home-631658/

11-05-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD