So well I'm 19 and the poster is 20. Somehow it's still cool to do this
    This happened yesterday-img_20140416_234720_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:38 AM
    I remember when I was 5.
    04-17-14 09:42 AM
    Also no isheep comment, I just felt to show another side to why BlackBerry is struggling to sell. Let's ignore the fact that marketing is poor

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:42 AM
    I'm 63 and don't remember what i did yesterday.

Maybe that's why I just don't get it!
    But, I'm still very cool!
    04-17-14 09:46 AM
    Should be "an iPhone"
    04-17-14 09:46 AM
    Also no isheep comment, I just felt to show another side to why BlackBerry is struggling to sell. Let's ignore the fact that marketing is poor

Posted via CB10
    Ohh! So that's a marketing graph! That would explain it!

I still don't get it! ( and what do sheep have to do with it?)

OK! Just having a little early morning fun, OP!
    But, really... I just don't get it!
    04-17-14 09:48 AM
    I don't get it if she would have put "guess who got a BlackBerry" we'd all be congratulating him/her.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Will999, bp3dots, Rello and 6 others like this.
    04-17-14 09:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140416_234720_edit.png 
Views:	4469 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	263795

Posted via CB10
    There's life purchases that should be announced, and then some not. New car, sure. Just got a house, definitely. New pet, probably. New phone? Ehh not so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:04 AM
    I don't get it if she would have put "guess who got a BlackBerry" we'd all be congratulating him/her.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I'm just curious why getting an iPhone is something that needs to be announced. Sounds almost like getting initiation into the cool kids club. You managed to turn this into a blackberry is good everything else is crap comment. Congratulations . Like someone else said, some purchases aren't worth announcing to the whole world

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-14 10:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140416_234720_edit.png 
Views:	4469 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	263795

Posted via CB10
    And once upon a time it would have been RIM enjoying such. IOW, it will always be "still cool" for people to act so with a desirable item. No matter the era or social medium. Apparently iPhone is undergoing a resurgent popularity with US teens ( 20 is close enough) so not unexpected.

I must say I just don't get how much really personal stuff people share on the net (general comment, not about the above)
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-14 10:12 AM
    I announced when I got my BlackBerry on FB. I knew/figured a lot of my FB friends had BlackBerrys so I posted on FB to get some tips and tricks. I didn't realize that was such a social faux pas. I think I was 29 at the time, since age apparently matters.
    04-17-14 10:14 AM
    There's life purchases that should be announced, and then some not. New car, sure. Just got a house, definitely. New pet, probably. New phone? Ehh not so much.

Posted via CB10
    By your value system, which likely is not someone else's.
    04-17-14 10:15 AM
    I'm just curious why getting an iPhone is something that needs to be announced. Sounds almost like getting initiation into the cool kids club. You managed to turn this into a blackberry is good everything else is crap comment. Congratulations . Like someone else said, some purchases aren't worth announcing to the whole world

Posted via CB10
    Lol ok. The fact that you needed to even post that picture is ridiculous. People post pictures of their dinner, what they did at work, what they are wearing, etc. the fact that you have a problem with someone else getting excited over getting an iPhone shows such immaturity. He/She didn't send it directly to you to throw anything in your face. A purchase was simply made and she was happy with it so she wanted to share it. And again, if that same person would have put "guess who just got a Blackberry" people would be congratulating her and telling her how awesome that is in here, including you. Quit worrying about what phone other people have. If she got an iPhone and wants to shout it from the rooftops it's no business of yours and not worth the bandwidth you've taken up to post it in here.
    raquelcrf81, Rello, TgeekB and 7 others like this.
    04-17-14 10:16 AM
    By your value system, which likely is not someone else's.
    No kidding.
    04-17-14 11:04 AM
    Lol ok. The fact that you needed to even post that picture is ridiculous. People post pictures of their dinner, what they did at work, what they are wearing, etc. the fact that you have a problem with someone else getting excited over getting an iPhone shows such immaturity. He/She didn't send it directly to you to throw anything in your face. A purchase was simply made and she was happy with it so she wanted to share it. And again, if that same person would have put "guess who just got a Blackberry" people would be congratulating her and telling her how awesome that is in here, including you. Quit worrying about what phone other people have. If she got an iPhone and wants to shout it from the rooftops it's no business of yours and not worth the bandwidth you've taken up to post it in here.
    Well I do make fun of people taking pictures of their dinner so.. I appreciate your concern but I feel it's ********.. just like taking pictures of lunch and all that good stuff. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:58 AM
    No kidding.
    If you know that, then why criticize what someone else finds of value to announce?
    04-17-14 12:07 PM
    Well I do make fun of people taking pictures of their dinner so.. I appreciate your concern but I feel it's ********.. just like taking pictures of lunch and all that good stuff. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    We do it at nice meals only to torture the family member living far away
    04-17-14 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I posed this same question some time ago and the replies I got were somewhere along the line that congratulations on a phone purchase were alright because the phone is superior and I was just annoyed because it wasn't my device of choice.

I don't want to use the sheep analogy, but the situation I was in felt very much like the person in question was being welcomed to the herd. LOL.

I guess secretly the majority of people want to have the same as other people and want to feel like they belong to a group. I'm kind of a loner myself and enjoy being different. I think that's probably true for a lot of us remaining BlackBerry users now and it's a big part of why we don't get it, when someone feels the need to announce what phone team they've joined.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:44 PM
    Lostboy,
    I am 60 and I remember yesterday but I guess that just gives me something else about getting older to NOT look forward to. Wait, what day is this?

By the way, proud BlackBerry user although most who notice or that I tell, think I am wasting time and money with it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-17-14 01:13 PM
    If you know that, then why criticize what someone else finds of value to announce?
    Because I'm anonymous sitting behind a computer screen and I feel like agreeing with spike.
    TGR1 and Mecca EL like this.
    04-17-14 02:04 PM
    I don't understand why donnation and A895 commenting/get into these type of threads.

You're on a BlackBerry forums what do you expect? Leave us BlackBerry users in our own world and go over to iForums or something. I don't know how much BlackBerry users are over at iMore but I see donnation and A895 in these type of threads a lot.
    acovey likes this.
    04-17-14 03:20 PM
    From most of what I've seen on Instagram and Facebook.... it doesn't take much to get people to want to announce it to the world. A new smartphone... I can see someone being pretty happy about that.

It's very insightful that they added the part about the sarcastic people.... OP your friend has you figured out.
    04-17-14 03:26 PM
    I really don't see the big deal in this, when the first iPhone came out that was an event for me and I was really excited and my wife couldn't understand it, total deal breaker at the end of the day, yeah, needless to say that experience concluded my relationship or non-relationship with iPhones for life, still, we all get excited about different things, I'm in my 40's and I was excited about getting my Nexus 5 to help the Q along, I wouldn't post it on twitter etc, possibly because I'm not 19 and I have no one to impress, but big deal!......Maybe when my dream car comes in this year I'll take to Twitter, FB and even CB and somehow make it BlackBerry related.....naaah!........My goodness I must be bored this evening........
    Shadowyugi and Nemzy like this.
    04-17-14 03:35 PM
    Notice there were no "Likes"

BB Proud
    04-17-14 03:44 PM
    We do it at nice meals only to torture the family member living far away
    And you find that fun or entertaining?
    21stNow likes this.
    04-17-14 03:49 PM
68 123