This morning an icon of a hangman's noose/gallows pole appeared at the top of my home screen (by the email icon and ringer volume symbol) and I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?

I'm on OS 5.0.0.975. Recently I installed but then uninstalled a hangman game from BB app world, but that's the only thing I could guess it might be related to. Web and CrackBerry searches have yielded nothing.

Jeesh, I hope I'm not being sent some kind of creepy Karmic message, eh?

Thanks for any thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 05:45 AM
    Never mind -- I figured it out.

I found the hangman game listed in Applications within the Options/Wrench folder. It said hangman was waiting to be deleted when th BB was restarted. So I did a battery pull to reboot and the icon disappeared.

Definitely learned something on this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 06:39 AM
    Good morning BBMINI,

Glad you figured it out. I never use BB App World....it just has to many issues. I purchase my apps right here at the Crackberry Store. Just a helpful tip........anytime you uninstall an app on your BB (without using DM) you will have to do a battery pull to completely remove the app.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-25-10 07:02 AM
    Hangman is particularly annoying in that by default it downloads daily updates with notification. Even the menu systems are designed to be quirky and trick you into settings that ask you to play or update stuff daily. I've turned all that off and still have the app but I find it irritating.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-26-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD