Which do you think is the more important?

I've gone from the 9000 to the 9800 to the 9360, currently on a 7.1 OS. I've come to the conclusion that it's the OS that makes the phone, and not the handset itself.

I used to love the 9800's touchscreen and slideout keyboard, but since I've upgraded to a v7 OS, I've realised it's the OS that is the essence of the usability of a phone, and not the hardware.

At first, the 9360 felt like a downgrade and I missed the big touchscreen. However, the OS I'm on now 7.1.336 is such an improvement I'd be happy to put it into an older device.

Would you put an old OS into the 9900 for example? Or the latest OS in an archaic device??*

*I realise both are impossible
    04-16-12 03:22 AM
    I believe that the hardware is more important. There are ways to get a functional OS onto a device. Moreover, an OS will be continually updated. Eventually your software choices will be limited by older hardware. So if you are looking for the most up to date features and newer software, having the latest hardware is the way to go. Unless you are like me and is still infatuated with his 8330.
    04-16-12 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD