Had the iPhone 5S for the last few days and what I have to say is that it is absolute garbage compared to my Z30. Small screen, small keyboard, hate the home button, and the list goes on. No way am I giving up the BlackBerry OS. Way too legit to quit. iPhone users should be converting left right and centre for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:13 AM
    Fleshed out your title a bit more, but I wouldn't take an iPhone over a Z30, either.
    12-12-13 02:34 AM
    I guess it all comes down to what you prefer. I had an iPhone 4S and switched to Z10 (with OS 10.1) this summer. In November I went back to iPhone 5S with IOS 7. I think the Z10, with 10.1, was ok but for me it did not do the job. I was hoping that 10.2 would change this, but it did not.

The main reasons for going back to iPhone are lack of applications and application behavior. I live in Norway (part of Europe for those who do not know), and there are about 0 native BB apps being devoloped for my home marked. I can use Android apps (side loading) and many services have good mobile web interfaces, but it just is not good enough. Here are my thoughts.
    - "To hard" to install Andoird apps. Not just point and click, must go through PC/MAC. I am a skilled user, but missing a good app-store ..... I do prefer point-and-click.
    - Not possible for music players (and other apps) to interface through the lock screen. I use the phone as a music player in my car and other places . I know I can change tracks using the volume buttons, but why not show track information (song name, cover art, etc) on the locked screen ? Now I need to unlock the phone, choose the music app, and then it will show me the cover art and name.
    - The user interface, in the apps, is not consistent. The gestures depends on if it is a native BB app, a converted BB app or an Android app.
    - Many native BB apps are versions behind the IOS or Android versions of the same app, meaning less functionality on BB.
    - In Norway/Europe, many mobile web sites are optimized for IOS and Android (Safari and Chrome). They fail to recognize the BB browser, meaning that BB users gets a less optimized web interface (like a full PC interface or something in between). I know, blame the web designer and company, but this is real life and they just do not care about BB.

I am sorry to say that for me the iPhone does a better job. There are more apps and they just work better for me. The human interface is more or less equal in all apps. The Z10 needed a full charge every day which is about twice as much as for the iPhone 5S. And I really like the fingerprint sensor for unlocking the phone.

I still follow Crackberry to keep me updated on BB. The Z10 was a very good phone, and OS 10.x is a good beginning. But they need to make the software even better and more user friendly.

Just my 2 cents....
    12-12-13 02:53 AM
    I think with z30 its the big beautiful screen had similar thoughts when I first bought a 5"+ phone, later on one handed use became an issue. now I have settled for z10 and 5S !
    BB4matt likes this.
    12-12-13 03:09 AM
    I guess it all comes down to what you prefer. I had an iPhone 4S and switched to Z10 (with OS 10.1) this summer. In November I went back to iPhone 5S with IOS 7. I think the Z10, with 10.1, was ok but for me it did not do the job. I was hoping that 10.2 would change this, but it did not.

The main reasons for going back to iPhone are lack of applications and application behavior. I live in Norway (part of Europe for those who do not know), and there are about 0 native BB apps being devoloped for my home marked. I can use Android apps (side loading) and many services have good mobile web interfaces, but it just is not good enough. Here are my thoughts.
    - "To hard" to install Andoird apps. Not just point and click, must go through PC/MAC. I am a skilled user, but missing a good app-store ..... I do prefer point-and-click.
    - Not possible for music players (and other apps) to interface through the lock screen. I use the phone as a music player in my car and other places . I know I can change tracks using the volume buttons, but why not show track information (song name, cover art, etc) on the locked screen ? Now I need to unlock the phone, choose the music app, and then it will show me the cover art and name.
    - The user interface, in the apps, is not consistent. The gestures depends on if it is a native BB app, a converted BB app or an Android app.
    - Many native BB apps are versions behind the IOS or Android versions of the same app, meaning less functionality on BB.
    - In Norway/Europe, many mobile web sites are optimized for IOS and Android (Safari and Chrome). They fail to recognize the BB browser, meaning that BB users gets a less optimized web interface (like a full PC interface or something in between). I know, blame the web designer and company, but this is real life and they just do not care about BB.

I am sorry to say that for me the iPhone does a better job. There are more apps and they just work better for me. The human interface is more or less equal in all apps. The Z10 needed a full charge every day which is about twice as much as for the iPhone 5S. And I really like the fingerprint sensor for unlocking the phone.

I still follow Crackberry to keep me updated on BB. The Z10 was a very good phone, and OS 10.x is a good beginning. But they need to make the software even better and more user friendly.

Just my 2 cents....
    I had a good play around on a 5s yesterday.
    It was like 'The Phone from Toon Town' after living with my crisp, clear and fast Z10!
    But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:45 AM
    I hate the little stabbing actions I have to make with my fingers/ thumbs on the sucky little keyboard on the microscopic screen. Though I've not used one much. I sometimes examine people using their phones and I notice a tension in the hands of iPhone users that isn't there in android users who have more "swagger"

Posted via CB10
    Coach57 likes this.
    12-12-13 03:53 AM
    I hate the little stabbing actions I have to make with my fingers/ thumbs on the sucky little keyboard on the microscopic screen. Though I've not used one much. I sometimes examine people using their phones and I notice a tension in the hands of iPhone users that isn't there in android users who have more "swagger"

Posted via CB10
    Good observation!
    The 'hunt and peck' action still lives on in the hands of many an 'averagely skilled' iPhone user.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:03 PM
    This is my buddy's sig on his iPhone...

"DV
    Please excuse spelling errors, it's my iPhone."

I swear these sigs were started/created by iPhone users.
    12-12-13 03:59 PM
    The iPhone has the worst keyboard on the market. Then there is the home button. I'm with the OP. Must really appreciate BlackBerry 10 even more after encountering such an antiquated ux.

BlackBerry 10 really is an amazing mobile experience

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:03 PM
    I couldn't go back to an iPhone after using a Z30. I consider it an upgrade in nearly every way.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    world saviour likes this.
    12-12-13 04:16 PM
    I couldn't go back to an iPhone after using a Z30. I consider it an upgrade in nearly every way.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    I hear that a lot from former iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:17 PM
    I reloaded fresh 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10 and gave it to a co-worker to use for a week. He had an iPhone and is looking for a new phone on contract (his home button is flakey BTW). Yesterday I showed him the built-in FM radio on my Z30.
    After a week he gave me my Z10 back this morning. He is now off to go get a Z30.
    :>)
    12-12-13 04:39 PM
    But the iPhone has a fingerprint scanner.

Bwwhhahahahaaha
    12-12-13 04:44 PM
    Too bad the marketing for the Z30 is non-existent. It truly is a great device.
    vakk and Bor Navas like this.
    12-12-13 04:45 PM
    I reloaded fresh 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10 and gave it to a co-worker to use for a week. He had an iPhone and is looking for a new phone on contract (his home button is flakey BTW). Yesterday I showed him the built-in FM radio on my Z30.
    After a week he gave me my Z10 back this morning. He is now off to go get a Z30.
    :>)
    There's a built-in FM radio?
    12-12-13 04:46 PM
    There's a built-in FM radio?
    Yup... Just needs a wired headset to use as an antennae. True FM, not streaming so it uses no data.

12-12-13 04:58 PM
    While I can think of plenty of reasons why iPhone users might not convert left right and center for the Z30, I would personally chose a Z30 over an iPhone 5s at this point. I couldn't do the smaller screen and adequate battery life.
    GG1, world saviour and 21stNow like this.
    12-12-13 05:03 PM
    I sometimes examine people using their phones and I notice a tension in the hands of iPhone users that isn't there in android users who have more "swagger"
    No offense, but this sounds a little creepy.
    ajst222, bbq10l and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    12-12-13 05:12 PM
    Posted via CB10
    No offense, but this sounds a little creepy.
    Yes, I also find that creepy lol. Just watching people type away...they don't even know you're watching them through their living room window...
    12-12-13 05:15 PM
    Bwwhhahahahaaha
    That's not all it has. Yes. Apple is having a good "Bwwhhahahahaaha" all the way to the bank with its fingerprint scanner:
    Had iPhone 5S for last few days and...no contest with my Z30-1212-canaccord-1.jpg

Had iPhone 5S for last few days and...no contest with my Z30
    Yes no contest. People are buying he iPhone.
    12-12-13 05:17 PM
    That's not all it has. Yes. Apple is having a good "Bwwhhahahahaaha" all the way to the bank with its fingerprint scanner:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212-canaccord-1.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	229378

Yes no contest. People are buying he iPhone.
    Doesn't have as good a battery, or Miracast, or FM radio. All things I prefer. Yaris outsells BMW. So what.
    12-12-13 05:27 PM
    Doesn't have as good a battery, or Miracast, or FM radio. All things I prefer. Yaris outsells BMW. So what.
    The Z30 doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, endless apps (REAL apps...native apps), a crisper brighter screen, a great camera, and a 64-bit chipset with better performance than the Z30's. And that car analogy is totally wrong. Both have their spaces in the marketplace. The Toyota Yaris is a low end car while BMW produces high end models. And chances are, low end cars will always sell better. But the 5s and Z30 are both high end.
    12-12-13 05:44 PM

Bwwhhahahahaaha
    And that is truly so awesome.
    12-12-13 05:47 PM
    The Z30 doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, endless apps (REAL apps...native apps), a crisper brighter screen, a great camera, and a 64-bit chipset with better performance than the Z30's. And that car analogy is totally wrong. Both have their spaces in the marketplace. The Toyota Yaris is a low end car while BMW produces high end models. And chances are, low end cars will always sell better. But the 5s and Z30 are both high end.
    I get all that... and I understand the car analogy thing. I'm just sick and effing tired of being bludgeoned by some tw@t with a burr up his a$$. If I like what I like, why does some child have to come in and shove BS down my throat?
    Really... why? I like it and that's good enough.
    Sorry... not directed at you.
    12-12-13 05:50 PM
    I get all that... and I understand the car analogy thing. I'm just sick and effing tired of being bludgeoned by some tw@t with a burr up his a$$. If I like what I like, why does some child have to come in and shove BS down my throat?
    Really... why? I like it and that's good enough.
    Sorry... not directed at you.

I fully agree with you. Even though I posted all of that, I said earlier in the post that I personally would take a Z30 over the 5s any day. But people do need to stop criticizing and judging people based on their phone choice. And just for the record, I didn't know the Z30 had FM radio and that's pretty cool.
    canuckvoip, vakk, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    12-12-13 05:54 PM
251 123 ...