On The Underrated Never Duplicated Z10 10.1.0.4200
    10-25-13 11:17 AM
    I think that thread titles should never be in all caps.

I also think that if the NSA can hack into a BlackBerry, then a BlackBerry is by definition "hackable."
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-25-13 11:19 AM
    Hackable in which way? By who?
    10-25-13 11:19 AM
    Hackable in which way? By who?
    if i was to guess this is probably about the whole NSA hacking germanys phones story.
    10-25-13 11:23 AM
    There are different methods and definitions of being hackable: are you talking about accessing the contents of the device? Intercepting communication/data coming from it? It's a piece of technology so it's ultimately hackable. The question is how much time and resources do you need to be able to accomplish it so that any information you acquire is still of value.
    10-25-13 11:26 AM
    There is little in tech that is not hackable despite the claims of some. The degree unto which it can be hacked is the real concern.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 11:41 AM
    Code written by humans is "hackable" by humans.

After all, the Playbook was rooted pretty quickly, so there is no reason to say that BB10 can't be hacked.

Lastly, it also depends on what your definition of hackable is.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-25-13 11:46 AM
    Code written by humans is "hackable" by humans.

After all, the Playbook was rooted pretty quickly, so there is no reason to say that BB10 can't be hacked.

Lastly, it also depends on what your definition of hackable is.
    Who rooted the PlayBook?

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    10-25-13 09:57 PM
    Who rooted the PlayBook?
    This guy I think
    Rooting your BlackBerry PlayBook is easier than ever with DingleBerry 3.x | CrackBerry.com
    10-25-13 10:03 PM
    Could be hacked but depends on context.... as for dingleberry.... if you consider changing permisiions in the OS as hacking then yes.. if you consider rooting the ability to have total access to the OS or the ability to load a different OS ala Android..... then no..... to truely root the playbook it would be required you bypass the boot loader and as it is encrypted
    good luck with that....
    10-25-13 10:24 PM
    Could be hacked but depends on context.... as for dingleberry.... if you consider changing permisiions in the OS as hacking then yes.. if you consider rooting the ability to have total access to the OS or the ability to load a different OS ala Android..... then no..... to truely root the playbook it would be required you bypass the boot loader and as it is encrypted
    good luck with that....
    Hacking is user-initiated changes to how a device operates that wasn't in the manufacturer's design or intention. Think of hacking as modding, nearly the same thing. Rooting is hacking. And yes, the PlayBook was root-able at least for a short time.

CRACKING is gaining unauthorized access to a computer or server for malicious or nefarious purposes.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.641
    10-25-13 10:34 PM
    CNN has been hacked so what do you think. NSA and actually Joe Blow somewhere in Russia trying to hack into Blackberry's Networks is two different things...

Anyone using a cellphone is being spied on really with your GPS on, your SMS etc..You data does pass through their networks..
    10-25-13 10:42 PM
    Shared on BlackBerry's Facebook fanpage earlier.

http://blck.by/168NJgF

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:48 PM
    Well tell that dude to read this.

Cybernomics 101 - The Hill's Congress Blog
    southlander likes this.
    10-25-13 11:00 PM
    I'm sure that given an agency like the NSA or others, they would have both the personnel and resources to hack a BlackBerry. But more than likely to the average person, it would be an extremely difficult undertaking.

But I'm really not sure what CNN is trying to imply by their article. If it is to say that by owning a BlackBerry, your device stands a risk of getting hacked, then it would also apply to iPhones, Android and Windows Phone devices as well.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-26-13 01:10 AM
    I'm sure that given an agency like the NSA or others, they would have both the personnel and resources to hack a BlackBerry. But more than likely to the average person, it would be an extremely difficult undertaking.

But I'm really not sure what CNN is trying to imply by their article. If it is to say that by owning a BlackBerry, your device stands a risk of getting hacked, then it would also apply to iPhones, Android and Windows Phone devices as well.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    To be honest, I doubt even the NSA can crack this. BlackBerry has AES-256 encryption using multiple sources of entropy to create dynamic and changing keys and these keys change for every packet of data that is sent so a one megabyte file represents 500 individual packets each encrypted with a unique key.
    10-26-13 08:58 AM
    If by hacking you mean the interception and decryption of data, then a BlackBerry activated on a BES server is considerably more difficult to "hack". A non-BES BlackBerry, much easier to do so.
    10-26-13 09:50 AM