L M A O. you know when you hear Adults talk about there kids and what they are going to be or study when they go to university ? It's a;ways , Doctor, Lawyer, Accountant,........what it should be is ..... CEO!!
    08-17-13 12:59 PM
    Aren't those iPhones? Maybe it should be one iPhone and one S4.
    And one Galaxy Note.
    Like this the 70/30 marketshare would also be displayed.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-17-13 01:17 PM
    That's pretty serious, maybe you should take TommesJay's suggestion don't you think?
    Nah, I need CB for th comic relief of Bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:55 PM
    "They do not believe in (ignore) probability, and when they do believe in it, they argue things will 'probably' go south with Blackberry."

That's pretty accurate according to financial pundits who could give a rat's a** about BB's future. As Forbe's Ewan Spence said on 8/13, "Developers Are Unlikely To Support BlackBerry Now The Company Is 'For Sale". It's common sense. Your phones don't do well in the market, and you don't have the deep pockets and branding of Microsoft, you ain't gonna survive when devs see it's pointless to create new apps.

Don't go all head-in-the-sand. The future is a sale of the company to Fairfax Holding, the firing of Heins (at 55mil) and the breakup of the company's components. BlackBerry has been absolutely silent on this since they announced their 'strategic alternatives'. That's code for sell before it's worthless and don't say anything that could damage the asset's value.

Will your Z10 and Q10 be getting updates in 2014? Not likely. Will new phones be available in two years. Nope.

It's not being negative, it is just how it is going to be.

Sorry.
    Etios and JeepBB like this.
    08-17-13 10:13 PM
    @Op. It's a forum, and expecting/anticipating "only" positive responses to be posted based on perceived(at the moment) good news, is just not going to happen.
    kbz1960 and Poirots Progeny like this.
    08-17-13 10:18 PM
    BB is quiet because it's in it's best interest to be so. When you announce you're looking at Strategic Alternatives, it's like putting your car up for sale and saying that you wish it had better tires, or that it was the V8 instead of the V6. You let the buyer do the figuring and keep smiling, but shut up for a while.

Blackberry is in negotiations right now. They'll be out of the office until further notice.
    danprown, Etios, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    08-17-13 10:18 PM
    Well said.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-17-13 10:42 PM
    "They do not believe in (ignore) probability, and when they do believe in it, they argue things will 'probably' go south with Blackberry."

That's pretty accurate according to financial pundits who could give a rat's a** about BB's future. As Forbe's Ewan Spence said on 8/13, "Developers Are Unlikely To Support BlackBerry Now The Company Is 'For Sale". It's common sense. Your phones don't do well in the market, and you don't have the deep pockets and branding of Microsoft, you ain't gonna survive when devs see it's pointless to create new apps.

Don't go all head-in-the-sand. The future is a sale of the company to Fairfax Holding, the firing of Heins (at 55mil) and the breakup of the company's components. BlackBerry has been absolutely silent on this since they announced their 'strategic alternatives'. That's code for sell before it's worthless and don't say anything that could damage the asset's value.

Will your Z10 and Q10 be getting updates in 2014? Not likely. Will new phones be available in two years. Nope.

It's not being negative, it is just how it is going to be.

Sorry.
    Did you join up just to say that?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:23 PM
    What kind of asinine statement is that?
    h20work, JeepBB and Blacklatino like this.
    08-17-13 11:25 PM
    I no longer feel the pain... we made it!
    Attached Thumbnails Guide: How to deal with Negativity Spinners!-funny-finally-caught-tail-happy-dog-pics.jpg  
    08-18-13 12:04 AM
    Problem is, there are loads of people who are objective but they get called trolls because being objective forces you to see some negatives too. And right now an objective person would realize that there's not that much to be positive about.

The first problem with that statement is that objectivity is an illusion. Humans are rarely purely objective about anything, if that is even theoretically possible.

A computer coldly calculates numbers, but someone has to program the calculation algorithms into it first. Pluto used to be a planet, and Einstein once thought Quantum Physics was bogus too.

We can strive for something loosely-described as "objectivity", but the best we can really achieve is to sincerely and diligently attempt to maintain as neutral a stance as we know how, and consider all information equally according to our understanding of the world. The problem is that each person's understanding and perception of the world is a little different.

So to a perennial naysayer, the only "objective" people are the people who agree with them. Likewise the fanbois/fangirls. Because typically most people believe that their own view of the world is the "accurate" one.

A couple of my personal benchmarks:

• Be suspicious of people who primarily participate in "advocacy/critique" threads here, rather than general usage/help/social threads.
    • Be on the lookout for people who have admitted on one or more occasions that someone factually corrected them on something. The ones who go to the ends of the earth to avoid admitting that anyone ever had a better grasp on something than they do are suspicious, especially when they use emotional rather than factual argumentation to attempt to shore-up their incorrect position on something.

When you encounter people like that, then use standard troll mitigation measures. Don't feed them. I think this was alluded to in the OP, in a less overt way, in re: to "not arguing too much".

When a troll has no one to rile up, their reason to participate is eliminated.
    currentodysseys and bradu1 like this.
    08-18-13 01:00 AM
    My guide is much simpler:

Unless your mortgage / rent, ability to feed yourself and / or family, see to your children's education, pay your bills and have a little left over to enjoy some of your life DEPENDS on the success or failure of BlackBerry, get over the fact that people think differently than you do.
    If it were acceptable to put this as my signature, I would.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-18-13 06:20 AM
    DOGGIES!!!! I want those.....

thanks for the unexpected smile in a tense thread.
    08-18-13 06:30 AM
    Sure it start off as guideline, when he gain power, it will become law. That's how the real world works. Now you just need a bunch of revolutionists on your side. Start spinning!!
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-18-13 06:50 AM
    BB is quiet because it's in it's best interest to be so. When you announce you're looking at Strategic Alternatives, it's like putting your car up for sale and saying that you wish it had better tires, or that it was the V8 instead of the V6. You let the buyer do the figuring and keep smiling, but shut up for a while.

Blackberry is in negotiations right now. They'll be out of the office until further notice.
    A lot of people have not accepted the inevitability of BB's "strategic alternatives" announcement. I suppose having people say exactly what you have said is perceived as negativity simply because they don't want to even consider the sale/break-up of the company as even a potential outcome. I guess staying positive (er...objective) is a coping mechanism.
    Last edited by Bigruss8; 08-18-13 at 09:55 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-18-13 09:35 AM
    I think this thread was started to promote objectivity and to NOT be an "extremist" when it comes to an argument with others who share differentiating views than you; whether or not you are subjectively "for" or "against" BlackBerry. I also think the "Guide" was a playful illustration of what you "could" do in a situation where your opinions are being challenged; not what you "should" do. Has anyone ever seen Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide? A guide to help you through middle school? It was a cute show! To me, this is the same thing. A gentle suggestion, not "you must do this because I said so."

Personally, I love having a good debate with someone. If someone wanted to debate BlackBerry with me, I'd be all for it. I like civil debates. But I think when one has a positive attitude towards a product (be it BlackBerry, Coca Cola, Nintendo, or anything), they could also objectively consider the downfalls of the product/company, as well. Nothing can ever be perfect. And those who share negative opinions about the product could also look at some of the "not so bad" qualities of the product (i.e. "Well, I might hate that new Ford that just came out - I mean, it's a gas guzzler! But some people must obviously like it, because I see them everywhere. Maybe they like the four wheel drive or the look of the truck. Who knows?").

I like this thread. I think it's cool. But I really don't think the OP was trying to use charismatic authority or whatever to turn us all into hypnotized people. The OP is just stating an opinion. Let's respect his/her opinion and we'd like everyone else to respect ours.
    Omnitech and monil11 like this.
    08-18-13 11:29 AM
    I disagree. Seems the OP was trying to play PR professional who is enlisting the faithful to do pushback to a crisis. Didn't seem 'playful' by any means. My response was wholeheartly altruistic and said because I really am a BlackBerry fanboi...sans the rosey glasses.
    08-18-13 02:31 PM
    I disagree. Seems the OP was trying to play PR professional who is enlisting the faithful to do pushback to a crisis. Didn't seem 'playful' by any means. My response was wholeheartly altruistic and said because I really am a BlackBerry fanboi...sans the rosey glasses.
    Since I've been a pretty regular Blackberry user and a tech enthusiast for a long time, I could best collect my thoughts and apply my guide to Blackberry. However, in a broader sense I can see it being applied to many different topics. Not here to pretend BB is all fine.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-18-13 03:41 PM
    Actually, this thread is ingenious. How to deal with negativity spinners? Give them a thread for them to come swarm around for a while. It's like a mosquito light! Good job op!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:12 AM
    Actually, this thread is ingenious. How to deal with negativity spinners? Give them a thread for them to come swarm around for a while. It's like a mosquito light! Good job op!

Posted via CB10
    Haha I cant tell if you really appreciate the thread or if you were being sarcastic. Either way its been a thread with some good criticism from a lot of people.
    08-21-13 12:48 PM
    Sooooooo assassination is out of the question? *puts rifle back in case*
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-21-13 01:25 PM
    Haha I cant tell if you really appreciate the thread or if you were being sarcastic. Either way its been a thread with some good criticism from a lot of people.
    Sarcastic humor. For the most part.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 01:26 PM
    DOGGIES!!!! I want those.....

thanks for the unexpected smile in a tense thread.
    That are wolves. Didn't you point your Is-this-a-wolf-or-a-dog-app at it?

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-24-13 06:09 AM
73 123