After watching that demo of the Amazon fire phone, I thought it might be a great thing to incorporate tilting (3D effects or not) into the GUI design. When I went from Palm Pre back to Android, I noticed how annoying it was to slow down and hunt for a square on my screen to press. Previously I was quickly and somewhat carelessly swiping on the Pre.

I think the BB10 use of gestures is great, and probably many more gestures could be implemented. So in the land of my brain, the image of a phone that was operated mostly by tilting and swiping, with absolute minimum of squares to find and press, would be a great thing.

"These are the contents of my head." -Annie Lennox
    07-23-14 12:25 PM
    I am waiting for a phone completely controlled by brain power alone. Psychic swiping anyone? ; )

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-23-14 12:42 PM
    I disagree actually.

If swiping and buttons could be implemented well, it would work better than the Amazon's 3D navigation.

1. Swiping across takes a flick of your thumb, the Fire phone's 3D navigations would require you to flick your entire wrist then come back the original position (for you to view the screen again). Just compare the muscle groups involved, and you don't have to be a kinesiologist to know that a finger flick takes a lot less energy and strain compared to rotating the entire wrist.

2. The Amazon phone has 4 cameras in front constantly working to make the 3D effect, which serves no practical purpose. The 4 cameras constantly working will take a lot of energy for not so much return. I want to use the energy to fire up those 4 cameras for longer talk time and standby time.

3. If you have watched any reviews for the Amazon phone, many reviewers actually say that the phone's 3D features do not work very well. They are cool, but many still think that a finger navigation is still superior.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-23-14 02:41 PM
    I would like the bottom action bar to be removed since it takes up screen space and be implemented on a small bar at the top that disappears when scrolling, OR make the bottom action bar smaller, that disappears when scrolling and ALL action is placed there. Some apps have action at the bottom bar and a top bar.

Maybe remove the back button and replace it with swiping from the bottom left corner.

Maybe removing the action bar completely and replacing it by swiping from the bottom right to show all options.

I would definitely prefer the OPTION to swipe from the top right corner to get to quick settings instead of two fingers because it's better for one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 03:15 PM
    I am waiting for a phone completely controlled by brain power alone. Psychic swiping anyone? ; )

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    Lol, it's under development as we speak ask Google.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:15 PM