<---This guy! I'm still not sure what I need a tablet computer for, but hey, I guess I will figure it out. I would like to hear from other Playbook users as to what they think about theirs and how they use it compared to a laptop.

For anyone thinking about one, they start at $129 for a 16gb refurbished at bestbuy.com.
    03-12-13 10:46 PM
    The PlayBook is an awesome tablet. I love mine, though I have been ignoring it lately since I got mine new z10. Can't wait for bb10 On playbook. That will actually be mind blowing :-)

Posted via CB10
    ChaoticBlissPA likes this.
    03-12-13 10:56 PM
    I love my PB. Good pick up. Alot of versatility.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:59 PM
    To be honest after I got mine on release day, over time my enthusiasm waned due to slow improvements and all. But then since OS 2 came out I started using it again more and more to the point where I now use it all the time. I carry it practically everywhere. My wife has an iPad I use occasionally but I find it a chore due to its size and weight. The playbook is more elegant to me.
    03-12-13 11:01 PM
    I am excited to get it, but I am still not convinced I will use it a lot. I guess it is one of those "I didn't know I needed it until I got it" things. I've read the reviews for it and they seem mostly positive. I guess I will know in a few days when I get it. I did see in one video review that it has Angry Birds, the ONLY thing I miss about my iPhone. Don't ask me why.
    03-12-13 11:05 PM
    I got a LTE PlayBook last yr, after I showed it to my mum she 'borrowed' it. I still haven't gotten it back...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:09 PM
    I wanted one 6 months ago but they were long gone from stores in the USA by the time I cared.
    03-12-13 11:11 PM
    The Source is offering brand new 32 GB models for $149. I'm tempted to pick one up to use as a movie player (downloaded movies I mean, not netflix). For the most part a laptop is still way more practical than a tablet, but you can't beat the screen-on time vs the wake-from-sleep time of a laptop, if you just want a quick fix.
    03-12-13 11:16 PM
    I am a biology/chemistry teacher. I use my playbook as my mobile desktop to take attendance in the lab, to look up grades and missing assignments....its my portable timer, periodic table, visual record keeper...i love it. My principal uses an iPad and everytime i play with it she looks at me like i have three heads as i try to use playbook gestures on the iPad.
    03-12-13 11:20 PM
    I am excited to get it, but I am still not convinced I will use it a lot. I guess it is one of those "I didn't know I needed it until I got it" things. I've read the reviews for it and they seem mostly positive. I guess I will know in a few days when I get it. I did see in one video review that it has Angry Birds, the ONLY thing I miss about my iPhone. Don't ask me why.
    do you have a blackberry to use it with (bridging)?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-12-13 11:24 PM
    How long fares the battery?

I am thinking of getting an IPAD + BLuetooth keyboard for mobile use of typing on docs to go/word, but if PB offers that and has good battery then why not? It's cheaper.
    03-12-13 11:24 PM
    I purchased a playbook last year, and then another one for my wife, then my mom got one, then my sister in SanFran got one, then my brother in Vancouver got one, then my dad got one......its a great piece of hardware. The laptop is very dusty now needless to say. Video Chat is a great way stay in touch and the HDMI port is awesome for business presentations, Powerpoint etc. Great bang for your buck.
    03-12-13 11:34 PM
    <---This guy! I'm still not sure what I need a tablet computer for, but hey, I guess I will figure it out. I would like to hear from other Playbook users as to what they think about theirs and how they use it compared to a laptop.

For anyone thinking about one, they start at $129 for a 16gb refurbished at bestbuy.com.
    I ended up buying three Playbooks, 1st a 16GB at $199.00 ( which was a rip off ), then another 16GB and a 64GB...
    ...I sent one to Asia so my wife could video chat with her Brother ( perfect for that ).
    ...They are also great to put pictures on and view and take excellent quality HD video.

I wouldn't consider them being even 1/4 of a "notebook" however so don't think of them that way...
    ...Now, if Blackberry pushes BB10 to the Playbooks and gets BBM and a media subscription solution.
    ...The Blackberry Playbook will be a winner!

Combine the above with the ability of Blackberry Bridge and there is literally nothing standing in the way of the Playbook becoming very popular. It's my belief that once Blackberry rights it's massive wrongs whereas the Playbook is concerned those Tablets would start selling Blackberry phones and likewise the BB phones would start selling Tablets.
    03-12-13 11:42 PM
    I recently did something with the Playbook I had tried awhile back, and found it working now. Excited, so thought I'd share. Hooked up the PB to the TV and went to citytv.com (a Canadian TV station, I still call it A-Channel ). Anyway, could watch episodes from the site, seemed like great quality. With my phone I had a remote control!
    So I have TV shows from the web, some great podcasts in HD, and probably some other things to find. All it takes is one cable, a lot less than $100 for another gadget. Pepped!
    03-12-13 11:55 PM
    I recently did something with the Playbook I had tried awhile back, and found it working now. Excited, so thought I'd share. Hooked up the PB to the TV and went to citytv.com (a Canadian TV station, I still call it A-Channel ). Anyway, could watch episodes from the site, seemed like great quality. With my phone I had a remote control!
    So I have TV shows from the web, some great podcasts in HD, and probably some other things to find. All it takes is one cable, a lot less than $100 for another gadget. Pepped!
    I have done this to too! Remote app basically turns pb in a multimedia tv appliance. Pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:04 AM
    I hope you enjoy your PlayBook. There are 3 in my household alone and 3 in my immediate family. At first, I was skeptical about what I would use it for.... but it turns out I rarely part with it. Streaming music at work, streaming movies, calendar, notes, emails, playing games in my spare time (which I don't have much of), video chatting, book reader, photos and photo editing, etc.
    03-13-13 12:20 AM
    Sitting in a hotel room right now with a PB and a Ipad . The Ipad loads the pages faster, has a sharper screen and better battery life. Mind you the Ipad costs three times as much. So if you are NOT on a budget Ipad all the way. (Just finished watching House of cards on Netflix ).
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-13-13 12:37 AM
    I'm gonna have to disagree. It really boils down to preference. There are some things (as you mentioned) that Ipad does better but there are also many things that the PLAYBOOK does better.

I have both Ipad and PLAYBOOK in my home and PLAYBOOK gets used much more.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-13-13 12:53 AM
    I'm gonna have to disagree. It really boils down to preference. There are some things (as you mentioned) that Ipad does better but there are also many things that the PLAYBOOK does better.

Suffice to say. Are you recommending playbook is better for laptop substitution (i.e word documents. Presentations. Comics) than ipad?

Thanks
    03-13-13 04:13 AM
    My PB has almost completely replaced my laptop. Excellent piece of gear. Bridging to a legacy OS device is killer. I just hope that BB restores that full functionality with the Z10. "BB10" on the PlayBook is coming at some point and that should be very interesting.
    03-13-13 06:20 AM
    Suffice to say. Are you recommending playbook is better for laptop substitution (i.e word documents. Presentations. Comics) than ipad?

Thanks
    Purely on a form factor basis, I think PB is a more manageable size. IPad mini existence proves the need for this.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    03-13-13 08:38 AM
    It is good but the app situation sucks, the lack of Netflix is pretty brutal.
    I use a keyboard with mine so I barely use a laptop anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-13-13 09:11 AM

Could you please explain? Not trying to start a war (truly).
    03-13-13 09:42 AM
    <---This guy!
    I was just about to guess too!!! buzzkill or what
    03-13-13 09:48 AM
    Got my 64gb Playbook in 2011 and have used it everyday since. No it's not a god machine but it's my....
    -e-mail hub,
    -organizer (calender, notes, contacts),
    -calculator (of various sorts/types),
    -book reader,
    -movie/music player & digital photo viewer,
    -classic video game console time machine (SNES, SEGA, Playstation, etc),
    -GPS,
    -USB stick (Wifi-sharing),
    -outdoor camera (Indoor quality is bad, but that's the hardware),
    -webcam/skype replacement (better quality, sound, and much more stable),
    -Office workstation (Docs to go),
    -a perfect companion to my Blackberry (bridge).

And that's not including all the other gadet-like apps I've dl'ed/sideloaded to make it a digital swiss army knife.

There's nothing a laptop can do that my playbook cannot do for me. Hope you enjoy it as much as I and others here have.
    03-13-13 10:07 AM
45 12