I really like the active frames when I'm multitasking, i find it extremely useful, however i don't see the need for every app to be minimized as an active frame. It would be great if we had an option built in to the app. For example: swipe down from the top of any app for the menu section. Active frame ON or OFF. If you select OFF, once you swipe up, the app closes itself without having the user having to go back to the active frame screen and close it from there. I don't know if this would be a software update and a designin the app but I'm pretty sure they would have to work together to pull this off.

What do you guys think?

I love BB10, i think it's hands down the best OS on the market, once all the little quirks are hammered out, it's going to be that much better.

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    tinker2000 and rbwalton like this.
    05-08-13 02:20 PM
    good idea
    05-08-13 02:33 PM
    So you mean you want a close command? It can be done by the app developer. We don't need to modify the OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:04 PM
    So you mean you want a close command? It can be done by the app developer. We don't need to modify the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I wasn't exactly sure how this could be done. The nice part about it is having the option as some apps i prefer to keep them open/active as i use them quite often through out the day.

05-08-13 03:19 PM
    Not a bad idea but it seems like extra work. To close now you just swipe up and tap. How is swiping down and tapping an improvement?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:06 PM
    I think he means you can pre determine whether you want the app to close as an active frame or not

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    05-08-13 08:09 PM
    Not a bad idea but it seems like extra work. To close now you just swipe up and tap. How is swiping down and tapping an improvement?

Posted via CB10
    Because you would only do it once to set a default, then you'd only do it again if you wanted an exception.

I miss being able to swipe an active frame off the screen to close like on the PlayBook. I keep trying to do that.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:10 PM
    Because you would only do it once to set a default, then you'd only do it again if you wanted an exception.

I miss being able to swipe an active frame off the screen to close like on the PlayBook. I keep trying to do that.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, now that does make sense. Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:20 PM
    Exactly, you would pre determine weather you want to have it closed every time you swipe up or minimize. For example if I'm playing a game i would want to have it minimize but the calculator app i usually use it and I'm done with it. Flicking to close apps like on the PlayBook would be cool too..

05-08-13 09:10 PM
    Good idea)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:50 AM