Today is a great day for BlackBerry fans. I have been continuing to defend BlackBerry as I sport my z30 to my friends, family and colleagues that ripped into BlackBerry as I continued to hang on to the product and invest in the company.

Although a lot of work still has to be done and challenges lie ahead, this is no longer the same company. To execute a new phone with its partnership with Foxconn, have BBM cross platform exceed 85 million users, announce the security hub in Washington, take on t mobile, delivering on 10.2.1, hearing about ford's partnership with QNX.. this is the comeback kid and gearing itself nicely back to respectability.

I'm proud to be a BlackBerry fan.. and all of you should be as well.. for you have defied what most people suggested was inevitable - ie BlackBerry will go out of business in the near future.

The comeback kid is in the house! Let's go Team Chen!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:23 AM
    Where do I sign up to become a member of the elite Comeback Club?

I've been saying the same thing day in and day out.... but, you put it all together and it's like poetry to the ears!
    Well said!

And, let's try... just for a change to keep this post in a positive flow.
    Tell us why you agree with the OP.

For those that don't, agree... Pleeeeeeezzzzz, go start your own threat!

(we thank you in advance for your cooperation!)
    02-25-14 11:35 AM
    Chen has made some positive moves but there is still a heap of work to be done.
    TgeekB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-25-14 11:40 AM
    I agree. CEO Chen does still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully he will succeed in turning BBRY's fortunes around and bring it back to profitability.
    02-25-14 11:46 AM
    It's taken 3 years for BB to position itself properly but now the payoff. Its hammer time.
    02-25-14 12:05 PM
    And stock holders must be happy too, BBRY shares are up about 10% just today.
    02-25-14 12:09 PM
    Great day it is indeed!!
    02-25-14 12:18 PM
    Chen's doing great to keep communication open with the public. The more announcements, the more developments, the more hype the better. The Jakarta looks like the perfect phone for many markets due to its affordability . Users can say goodbye with the ultra vulnerable Android and actually fin try a competitor to Apple's iphone. They'll love using BB 10 and since Android apps can be still run they'll have little choice to stick with Android only. Why not take advantage of the most secure platform? Will give you plenty of peace of mind as you hear about all these data breaches and vulnerabilities everywhere.
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    02-25-14 02:06 PM
    I believe blackberry will make a comeback, just like apple made a comeback back in the day… However, its like a large ship going 100miles an hour trying to turn around … they have to first slow down…. (which they have done).. Then they have to turn around (which they are doing now) , however there are still problems when trying to turn around.. Blackberry has to change the perception of their name… BBM will be the rehabilitation for the name…. But they have to keep improving BBM.. They have to keep BBM in the media, in the news, on social media… I am apart of a group me chat , a few actually, and every time I bring up BBM or Blackberry, they always post the picture from saved by the bell and the old cordless phone… Basically saying pssshhhh you're crazy.. thats who blackberry has to reach.. and when they can reach at least 25% of those people, then blackberry can truly say they are coming back…
    02-25-14 02:31 PM
    Exactly. It is no where near time to celebrate anything. It will be a long, slow road to recovery.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-25-14 04:12 PM
    I appreciate this thread and feel confident about BB's recovery. The news from the Air Force was disconcerting, but we'll see how it plays out. The Blackphone may give rise to more security concerns in the marketplace and may give BB more open ears to market the strengths of OS10.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    02-25-14 04:21 PM
    It was the first day in a longer time that I was optimistic again about the future of BlackBerry. John Chen seems to be a real stand up guy and, oh yes, this man can talk business! He can actually talk operations management.

And not that he could only talk, he can also listen. To a community, to a loyal user base and also to the market calls and to competitors.

This is really what a company needs to turn around and investors have already started to realize this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansol...ale-potential/

So I hope the future is bright and with the Q20 I am about to get the BB10 phone I wanted.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 04:47 PM
    Exactly. It is no where near time to celebrate anything. It will be a long, slow road to recovery.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...at-day-909450/
    02-25-14 05:31 PM
    It was the first day in a longer time that I was optimistic again about the future of BlackBerry. John Chen seems to be a real stand up guy and, oh yes, this man can talk business! He can actually talk operations management.

And not that he could only talk, he can also listen. To a community, to a loyal user base and also to the market calls and to competitors.

This is really what a company needs to turn around and investors have already started to realize this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansol...ale-potential/

So I hope the future is bright and with the Q20 I am about to get the BB10 phone I wanted.

Posted via CB10
    It could help a bit but it won't change things overnight. They need high sales numbers of devices to get people thinking positive again.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-25-14 05:55 PM
    This is right. If blackberry is in a good position when the Q20 comes out and it's a reasonable price *cough* Q10 �500 *cough* then I will seriously consider buying one.
    02-25-14 05:58 PM
    And stock holders must be happy too, BBRY shares are up about 10% just today.
    Around 25 percent in the last week or so!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:58 PM
    This is right. If blackberry is in a good position when the Q20 comes out and it's a reasonable price *cough* Q10 �500 *cough* then I will seriously consider buying one.
    Chen appears to get it and now with the Foxconn agreement, it appears that he understands the importance of pricing.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:59 PM
    I appreciate this thread and feel confident about BB's recovery. The news from the Air Force was disconcerting, but we'll see how it plays out. The Blackphone may give rise to more security concerns in the marketplace and may give BB more open ears to market the strengths of OS10.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    The Air Force reflected only 5k phones and shouldn't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things. This idea of having a low phone in emerging markets proves that BlackBerry is far from done with the device business.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:00 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    But the signs are positive. At least best it has been in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:01 PM
    But the signs are positive. At least best it has been in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    At least, as you said, it appears they are not immediately giving up the handset business. Whether that works or not we will see.

I assume the Q20 will be sold in the U.S.?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-25-14 06:03 PM