im going to get my license on friday and im wondering if i can cheat th system by having my blackberry vibrate if i go to fast. say i go 60 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.if there is any possible program please let me know..thanks
    04-15-09 08:13 PM
    Keep your eye on the speedo and foot off the gas
    04-15-09 08:23 PM
    You want help cheating on your driver's test?

There should be an application for all gps units that alerts to upcoming stop signs, excessive sppeds, cops hiding behind billboards, and puppies and kittens slepping in the middle of the road just around the next turn (well, at least for puppies, I really don't care much for cats.)

BUT new drivers should be required to show that they can read speed zone signs and pay attention to their speedometer, at least for the 15 mins it takes to complete the test. after that they can play frogger with predestrians all they want.
    04-15-09 08:26 PM
    An app could be written for that, but you probably won't get good GPS reception in a car with your phone in your pocket.
    04-15-09 08:30 PM
    How hard is it to watch th signs, and your speedo?

Seriously, you haven't been driving long enough obviously to be worrying about how to get around speeding.

You need to watch your surroundings and get used to the road.
    04-15-09 08:42 PM
    i can keep the speed jsut fine im talking about ive never driven in the area were the test is so i dont know what the speed limits are on the streets
    04-15-09 08:57 PM
    The biggest problem with an app of this type would be the actual creation of all the speed limits for every street, not to mention the changes in speed limit on a single street.
    04-15-09 09:05 PM
    it would be really wicked tho...
    04-15-09 09:15 PM
    i was thinking about someone creating something like this, but much simpler.

I have the program GPS Tracker and when it updates (every 10 mins for myself) it says the speed that I am going very accurately. It would be a really cool thing if this program or another one like it can beep or alert when i am going over a speed i set myself.

For example, i was going home from school and have my cruise control on. For a few minutes, at most, i didnt realize i had my foot on the gas and got a ticket for going 90. It would have saved me a few hundred if i could of set a program to alert me if i was going 85mph in this case.

i would be willing to pay for the program if it existed, and if it does please let me know
    04-15-09 09:17 PM
    i can keep the speed just fine I'm talking about Ive never driven in the area were the test is so i dint know what the speed limits are on the streets
    You are obviously not ready to have a license. You need to grow up. If you can not read the street signs while still operating a motor vehicle I hope you don't get your license. I don't want to be at risk with you on the roads while I am there. Per the road laws of both Canada and the US you have to be able to read and understand ALL of the road signs while you are operating you vehicle. If you can do that then you will have no problem where ever you are knowing the speed limit that is applicable on the road you are traveling on. If you haven't seen a speed sign yet then in your driver permit manual you were given proper speeds that would apply in any circumstances that you should use as a guide until you get to the next sign.

This ain't rocket science. Stop trying to cheat the system and take some responsibility to be a GOOD citizen and do the RIGHT Thing!
    04-15-09 09:28 PM
    You are obviously not ready to have a license. You need to grow up. If you can not read the street signs while still operating a motor vehicle I hope you don't get your license. I don't want to be at risk with you on the roads while I am there. Per the road laws of both Canada and the US you have to be able to read and understand ALL of the road signs while you are operating you vehicle. If you can do that then you will have no problem where ever you are knowing the speed limit that is applicable on the road you are traveling on. If you haven't seen a speed sign yet then in your driver permit manual you were given proper speeds that would apply in any circumstances that you should use as a guide until you get to the next sign.

This ain't rocket science. Stop trying to cheat the system and take some responsibility to be a GOOD citizen and do the RIGHT Thing!
    WOW... way to flame a thread u ****ing *****. seriouslly i can read the signs and drive at the same time i dont wanna fail cuz i went 50 and the sign 4km ahead says 60 ( which i cant see a sign that far away)
    04-15-09 10:05 PM
    wow your ******** if you really "must" cheat the system y dont you go around the area of the dmv and look at all the speed limit signs its not hard bro, its usually common sense as to what the speed limit is. in what you just described going under the speed limit probably wont fail you. its whenever you see a sign that you need to adjust your speed accordingly. no wonder y theres so many accidents. you my friend are not smart and you fail at life. do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars. no go on and run somebody over or something. what bluegoose just told you is constructive criticism hardly the same as flaming.
    Last edited by ed-flip; 04-16-09 at 03:35 AM.
    04-15-09 10:16 PM
    wow ya u did flame me... i was just wondering if there was such an app and thought i wud add cheating the system... plus think how cool it wud be if u could cheat the dmv
    04-15-09 11:05 PM
    i dont wanna fail cuz i went 50 and the sign 4km ahead says 60 ( which i cant see a sign that far away)
    Believe me, it's better to go too slow under the speed limit than over. I don't know about your DMV, but at mine, they didn't care that I drove five under the speed limit; however, going OVER the speed limit is pretty much a ticket for a failure.

Also, your driving tester is there to assist you if necessary. If you need to, there's no harm in telling him/her that you're unfamiliar with the area and asking what the speed limit is if you can't see a sign from where you are when pulling out.

Good luck on your test, by the way.
    04-15-09 11:10 PM
    WOW... way to flame a thread u ****ing *****. seriouslly i can read the signs and drive at the same time i dont wanna fail cuz i went 50 and the sign 4km ahead says 60 ( which i cant see a sign that far away)
    lol hah hah hah hah. trust me, you won't "fail" cause you went 10 under, never have i seen someone fail for going too slow, now maybe if it were say, 10 in a 60. going 10 under is not a prob.
    04-15-09 11:14 PM
    God this site is getting full of bullpoopy
    04-15-09 11:16 PM
    Shael, you don't need a flamesuit for my post here.

That might be a neat app, but see, the bureaucrats would find out about it, and they would probably pay other government employees to change the signs on a regular basis.

Now imagine you had this hypothetical app; wouldn't your testing officer fail you as you pulled the BB out to check why it was beeping or buzzing?

Honestly, learning to drive is a complicated enough task to worry about a distraction while driving, especially when you are just getting started.

A handy tip would be to go to the area within a couple of miles of your testing site. Get to know the area, drive around and get a lay of the land.

I did this prior to my test 25 years ago. Because I was given the same advice I just gave you, I only lost 3 points on my road exam, and I didn't have to worry about it as much, either.
    And that was over 2.5 million miles ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:20 PM
    I've been thinking that this would be an awesome feature for Trapster to have... it already is a member based system for people to set alerts for speed traps and red light cameras. People could update local speed limits on roads they drive and when using the trapster app, they could have it display on your screen. I don't think it would be that hard.
    04-16-09 02:26 AM
    We just need our Blackberries to have built in radar detectors...

Chris
    04-16-09 03:01 AM
    wow ya u did flame me... i was just wondering if there was such an app and thought i wud add cheating the system... plus think how cool it wud be if u could cheat the dmv
    you saying this makes what everyone else is telling you even more on point. you are obviously not ready to grow up. your the reason this world is ****, always looking to cheat
    04-16-09 03:34 AM
    Great idea!!!!!
    This would not only solve your immediate problem but also make the roads safer.
    04-16-09 03:47 AM
    Anyway. Most cars built with Cruise Control have a feature to allow you to set the speed, and it will chime to tell you that you're speeding.

If you state you can read road signs, then use this feature of the vehicle.

@Darryn's Sig. In Australia Telstra is a noxious weed also :-p
    04-16-09 07:41 PM
    I hope you fail your test. You make me sick!

04-16-09 08:32 PM
    seriously you won't fail for going under the speed limit, and if you're scared because you're not familiar with the area why not just scout the area for turns, speed limits etc...

Why cheat when you said you're confident in you're driving. Prove it to the tester. It's not that hard.
    04-16-09 09:22 PM
    This is just ridiculous.

04-16-09 10:03 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD