Alrighty! With amAze going pay, and Nav4All being shut down, what else is there? I'm looking for a free voice oriented turn by turn GPS - something like amAze was/is. I have a Magellan for the car, but I would love something for my BB 9630 Tour as well. Any suggestions?
    04-04-10 07:03 AM
    LifeInPocket might be something to look at.
    04-04-10 10:09 AM
    I really like LifeInPocket.
    04-04-10 10:27 AM
    I have LifeInPocket and have tried it once so far. It does not seem to have the moving updated road map as amAze does. I might just be missing it though. (Only using it once)

Is there anything else out there worth trying if LIP doesn't fit what I'm looking for?
    04-04-10 12:18 PM
    I thought LifeIn Pocket was terrible, but your hosed in regards to a free, talking gps. Garmin Mobile is awesome, but it cost about $80. Not that bad as it's a one time, no subscription fee app, but it's not free. I think Google Maps works great, but no voice with bb. I guess that could change as it does have voice for the Droid.
    04-05-10 02:53 PM
    If you really like amAze then why not pay for it? It only cost $35 for a year. That is way cheaper than any other paid service. If you use it often then its worth the money. That's only 3.5 months of service for other carriers that charge $9.99 a month.
    04-05-10 03:05 PM
    Rock, I may end up doing just that. I don't use it all that often, because I already have a GPS unit, but it is very nice in a pinch as I always have my phone. Its more of a moral imperative kind of thing about paying for something just because I was unable to find it free. There is likely something out there...I just haven't found it yet.
    04-06-10 03:43 PM
    Really there aren't any other one out there that are really going to be worth crap at all for free. The one that are free are usually going to be lacking in some way or another because offering free doesn't provide financial support to keep going. amAzeGPS is a great for the price. I have a GPS unit too but since I don't keep it hooked up in the car I find it a pain having to take it out to hook it up and then remove it. I don't like leaving it in the windows to prevent someone from breaking my window for stupidity. My phone however is very convenient and thats what I like to use.
    04-06-10 10:40 PM
    Try Telmap Navigator.............
    http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    04-08-10 01:47 PM
    I tried telemap, google maps and garmin. None were able to pin point my location. Im using a bold 9000 on Att and it seems like telenav is the only ap that is able to locate me. Very frustrating.
    04-10-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD