What app gives you turn by turn GPS navigation?
    12-17-08 11:16 PM
    The garmin one will, it even tells you the street names.. But its about $99. You can get a fre 7 day trial though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 11:18 PM
    I belive the "Map" application will on blackberries, I don't have the storm though, I have to imagine it is included with storm.

Within the app, you can click the BB key and then go to "Get Directions..."... From there you can switch between turn-by-turn and the map...
    12-17-08 11:19 PM
    Thanks Paul.
    12-17-08 11:20 PM
    Amaze will... If you can get it to work

12-17-08 11:25 PM
    You can get google maps or use the BB Maps application for turn by turn directions. However, to get the voice guided you will have to either use the Navigator provided by ATT or purchase as the other user suggested Garmin or some other GPS program.

Cheers
    12-17-08 11:55 PM
    garmin and i believe tomtom also sells software for voice guided if you just need turn by turn with no voice then go for google maps or blackberry maps
    12-17-08 11:58 PM
    garmin and i believe tomtom also sells software for voice guided if you just need turn by turn with no voice then go for google maps or blackberry maps
    it is almost like you did not read my post.
    12-18-08 12:00 AM

Ha! I'm with you on that!
    12-18-08 01:20 AM
    AmazeGPS has a great look, though I find Nav4all to work better as far as data entry and sync with my contacts in my address book.

I find Amaze to be all show but not so much go and Nav4all is all go and that works for me. Though if you want to pay, Garmin is a great product and as aforementioned post... Street names, just like a real car GPS navigator. If I needed it a lot I'd go Garmin. But with my limited use, I use free Nav4all or google maps.

12-18-08 01:48 AM
    12-18-08 05:39 AM
    I just bought Garmin - really expensive but a Christmas present to myself. It really is amazing. Did the trial for a week and loved it and went for it. So far, it's perfect.

12-18-08 05:48 AM
    Can you get Nav4All to show the map and turn instruction at the same time? When I'm driving I only get text (and voice) instructions. It would be really helpful to see myself on the map too.
    01-06-09 03:00 PM
    I will say the ATT NAV by Telenav is by far the best
    01-06-09 03:07 PM
    I use Nav4All, but very rarely. I think if I had a real use for turn by turn I would go with Garmin, which would be cheaper at the 11th month.
    01-06-09 03:28 PM
    I will say the ATT NAV by Telenav is by far the best
    I personally have telenav by ATT. The GPS keeps dancing all over the place while I am standing still. That and the Oh too long re-routes, along with the $9.99. Here I come Garmin!
    01-06-09 03:40 PM
    I just bought Garmin - really expensive but a Christmas present to myself. It really is amazing. Did the trial for a week and loved it and went for it. So far, it's perfect.

KB, how accurate is the turn by turn feature of the Garmin? Don't you get to move the license once to another device in the first 6 months or something?
    01-06-09 07:14 PM
    It is sooooo accurate. So far, anyway. I've only used it literally turn-by-turn three times.

Have you downloaded the trial? Check it out. Great voice prompts: "In 400 metres, take the on-ramp on the right to highway 400 north" then when a bit closer "take the on-ramp to highway 400 north" then "continue for 43 kilometres" etc. Or in the city: "turn right at Jane street and stay in the right lane....in 400 metres, you will be approaching 245 Jane St..... you are now approaching 245 Jane St" That crazy app knows every little lane and crescent!

Might have the language of the instructions a bit off - more seasoned Garmin owners will know better the exact wording - and of course I've set it to metric.

I love this app.
    01-06-09 07:40 PM
    For Garmin, you can purchase the one time $99 or monthly subscription for $9.99 through Handango. I personally likes Garmin better than AT&T Navigator though =)
    01-06-09 09:29 PM

lol ditto
    01-06-09 10:11 PM
    I think the Telenav app is better than the ATT implementation of it. Alas Telenav is not availble for the Bold.
    01-06-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD