Is there a way to track a non smart phone ( LG Voyager ) with the storm or through the Internet? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 03:18 PM
    I have to ask, WHY?
    08-17-09 03:19 PM
    why not? Does anyone know? Thanks
    08-17-09 03:42 PM
    concerned parent....or creepy stalker...??

Either way, I don't think that info is available to the general public.
    08-17-09 03:49 PM
    why not? Does anyone know? Thanks
    May want a short blurb as to why. Maybe a correct answer would be forthcoming.
    08-17-09 05:07 PM
    If you want to keep tabs on the old lady, just get her a blackberry and set up google latitude

08-17-09 05:26 PM
    Is there a way to track a non smart phone ( LG Voyager ) with the storm or through the Internet? Thanks

I believe there is either an app you can install in the voyager, or a VZW setting that can be activated which allows the voager to be ttacked. It has to be turned on in the voyager. Each time a fix is requested, the user of the Voyager is notified (or asked permission)

08-17-09 09:04 PM
    I believe there is either an app you can install in the voyager, or a VZW setting that can be activated which allows the voager to be ttacked. It has to be turned on in the voyager. Each time a fix is requested, the user of the Voyager is notified (or asked permission)

wow im interested in this...cant you just go in the phone and change the location thing...but then how would you still be able to track that phone from the blackberry...
    08-17-09 11:01 PM

I believe he is talking about the VZ Chaperone service (extra cost, of course). It allows for tracking GPS enabled phones through the VZ chaperone website but every time you inquire on that phones location, that phone is notified that it's being monitored. Since the monitoring is done through the VZ website, the phone being monitored must be on your account.

Verizon Wireless: Chaperone
    Last edited by carlos31820; 08-18-09 at 05:45 AM.
    08-18-09 05:42 AM
    I believe he is talking about the VZ Chaperone service (extra cost, of course). It allows for tracking GPS enabled phones through the VZ chaperone website but every time you inquire on that phones location, that phone is notified that it's being monitored. Since the monitoring is done through the VZ website, the phone being monitored must be on your account.

Verizon Wireless: Chaperone
    well that aint worth two cent
    08-18-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD