i got my bb torch almost a week ago and i decided to test out the gps function (maps) when it went to find my current location it pinpointed me within 2km within my actual location.
    is there any way to fix this.

i live in canada if that makes a difference.. even though its from rogers..
    please help.
    10-11-10 08:46 PM
    Mine took a long time before it located me the first time. It just did the tower location then after letting it sit for a while it finally got a lock on me. It is much faster now, seems that first time takes forever.
    10-11-10 10:56 PM
    Ive been using a Bold 9000 for almost three years now and the GPS would always take 20s to 2mins to lock on. I grew to accept this as the norm for mobile gps devices. That was until i used the torch with google maps.

It locks on within seconds up to a few meters regardless if im in the house or outside with a clear line of sight to a satellite.

OS 6.0 has improved the GPS locking and tracking drastically. I would suggest trying Google Maps and dumping the build in maps.
    10-11-10 11:50 PM
    Ive been using a Bold 9000 for almost three years now and the GPS would always take 20s to 2mins to lock on. I grew to accept this as the norm for mobile gps devices. That was until i used the torch with google maps.

It locks on within seconds up to a few meters regardless if im in the house or outside with a clear line of sight to a satellite.

OS 6.0 has improved the GPS locking and tracking drastically. I would suggest trying Google Maps and dumping the build in maps.
    I have the same experience after using a 9700. My torch finds my location within 1600m, then narrows it down to a few hundred, then a few feet within 10-20s or so. And yah don't even bother with the bbmaps, google maps is aesthetically better and far easier to navigate.
    10-12-10 12:00 AM
    The Torch has the option to use both satellites and network data to get your location. I think it uses network data to get a quick fix and then the satellites for a more accurate reading.
    10-12-10 12:04 AM
    i do use google maps often on my torch - im thinkin of getting the car mount cradle does anyome know of a good GPS software maybe somethimg thats turn by turn voice guided

thanks in advance
    10-12-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD