I'm sure many are aware as there are posts in several other forums besides the GPS forum....however I felt it was note-worthy.

When traveling and you are looking for something it is often 'cumbersome' to perhaps drive and try and use your Blackberry at the same time (usually dangerous and highly frowned upon....if not illegal...in many states).

I was recently introduced to a nice application called TELLME which has ties to the Microsoft Live System.

You can type in it or just use voice commands. Nice if you are traveling down the road and getting sleepy you can tell it to find you a Best Western Hotel or a Shell Gas station... etc.

Depending on the search you are doing ... most of the time it can give optioins of:

Calling Them
    Map View of the Business
    Directions to the business
    Share with another person (from address book)

For movies you can also call for tickets often.

It can read your BB's GPS for driving directions.

You can also search movies (powered by Fandango) and virtually any place of business.

I look at this application similar to 411 but much better. I really like the voice capabilities of this application to not have to worry about 'texting' in things as I'm traveling........ and well.... it is just cool to use voice-activated software.. LOL

Anyhoooooooo Sorry if this was mentioned recently in this forum... didn't see a post for it any time in the recent past so I figured I would bring it up.

TellMe Link
    06-04-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD